“Nice Place To Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Armonk, New York
“Nice Place To Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

This Ritz Carlton is a very nice place to stay if you are in the Tysons Corner area. My wife and I were upgraded to a suite thanks to American Express Platinum Card and the rooms were very pleasant. We usually stay at upscale small boutique hotels and the Ritz is a large place. The only reason that I did not give this an "excellent" rating is because of the the large size. The room had very nice appointments, linens and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was very good and we will stay here again if we return to the Tysons Corner area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

402 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

When you go to the Ritz you expect high end service, and the spa is lacking. The women's changing room doubles as the locker room for the pool and it had moms with kids using the bathrooms to change. The Relaxation Room was small with upright chairs. Two of us went for deep tissue massages and got a simple rub, and mine didn't massage my back, a fairly big oversight in a massage.

The pool and hot tub are great.

My advice, go for a swim and skip the spa.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for a short weekend getaway. We weren't disappointed. The location was excellent. Near shopping, food, etc. and adjacent to upscale shopping. From the valets, to check-in, bellman, spa, and room service staff -- everyone was wonderfully nice, accomodating, and friendly. We were treated with what you would expect from the Ritz Carlton. For instance, we went swimming, and were brought waters and champange. The check-in desk had a little wagon with toys which my son LOVED. They upgraded our room when we asked, and had an awesome executive suite for our brief stay.

Even though I'd rate the hotel as "excellent", the spa needs some changes. Don't get me wrong - the staff was great, and my massage therapist was competent and friendly as well. However, it was later in the evening, and I went into the relaxation room for some quiet time, and 2 men, fully dressed (no robes or didn't look like they were having services) came in and talked as if it were a Starbucks, and kept drinking the tea and chatting. It was awkward and uncomfortable, and, despite spa workers coming in and checking on the room, etc. every so often, no one even bothered to question them or ask them to be quiet. Being the only woman in the room (with a robe and slippers no doubt...) it was uncomfortable for me to say anything, yet there was really no where else for me to go to relax.

Second, to get to the massage area, you needed to go through the women's locker area, which was odd. The room itself was loud, and all I could hear was toilets flushing the entire time. It really didn't make for a "relaxing" massage at all (not my therapists fault -- just the awkward location of the room).

Expect to pay high prices for room service, food, etc. -- it is the Ritz Carlton, but little things (like a beer - $10.00) add up. Room service breakfast cost over 80 bucks (and we're talking normal stuff - eggs, pancakes, yogurt).

Needless to say, we'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Despite the cost, and the spa situation, we loved this place. The location was great, and the staff and room were amazing. Thank you Ritz Carlton - we'll be back!!

Room Tip: Executive Suite for a small family was great!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Macon, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013

As you would expect with a Ritz Carlton, the staff was wonderful. The rooms were nothing over the top, but comfortable, as always. I was at the hotel for a conference that the word daunting would be putting it lightly. The mall that was attached was such a refreshing bonus. I could get away between sessions for a quick change of scenery no matter what thebweather conditions were outside. There was a decent selection of restaurants to chose from as well. I would definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

Good hotel for business. Close to the shopping malls. Staff friendly and helpful.

Bar areas, breakfast and food all good. Service quick and efficient. Rooms decent, clean and as to be expected. Some nice touches like free coffee available in reception from very early morning onwards.

Issue with fire alarms, they seem to go off regularly at night. Staff seemed to either blame it on old building with alarms that need replacing to guests smoking in their rooms, either way they need to get this fixed as its not pleasant to be evacuated from the hotel in the middle of the night.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Savannah
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 29, 2012

We have the pleasure to frequent the Tyson's Ritz 6 times a year!We meet our friends to visit and shop.The hotel opens into the mall which is great.The hotel decor is becoming better.The one disappointed is the front desk
,never are we told welcome back.Every visit the Amelia Island Ritz acknowledges our revisit with a note in our room and a small token.We understand different type of property but NO acknowledgement.The only reason we look forward to come back is Shima on the Club Level. She makes me feel like a Princess. Extremely ATTENTIVE!!!Hope the front desk can become that attentive!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

I can't put into words how much I adore this hotel. Been there 75 times, and every time the staff does not fail to amaze me. Greeting me by my first name, accommodating all my needs and wants. Although I can't say I haven't experienced a few problems out of the 75 times i've stayed here. But the minor mishaps are mistakes I refuse to hold against the prestige of this hotel. Truly a humble place with exquisite dining. In addition to the great hotel, you have the connivence of Tyson Galleria mall; whatever the Ritz lacks, the mall will make up for.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!