“Wonderful Ladies Day Out!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$50 Shopping Credit
Ranked #5 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
maryland
“Wonderful Ladies Day Out!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

Loved this place!! I organized a Ladies Day Out for my friends and family and wanted to find a luxury escape nearby. I stayed prior to the event to "research" and make sure everything would be up to standards and it was on both the previsit and actual visit! Customer service was 1st class from the valet to the front desk to the restaurant staff! The rooms were clean and well appointed. I stayed in the one bedroom suite which had 1.5 baths, a private bedroom with super sized bathroom (had a tub w/shower and an additional standalone shower), a private area for the toilet, and several areas with mirrors and vanity to get ready. Perfect for us ladies! Living room had couch with pullout sofa, flat screen, and dvd player. Get a room with a view on the front side of the hotel as the fountain is pretty to look at both day/night. We also had double queen rooms and a junior suite in our group and all were nice and as outlined on the website. Ate breakfast at Entyse and the reservation at the chefs table was honored and ready as planned. Not as impressed with the buffet breakfast, but the a la carte breakfast items were good. All staff were knowledgeable and willing to help. The hotel also has other nice amenities complimentary in the lobby and valet level such as bottled water, fruit, and one time I saw a kids wagon with goodies, juices, and toys for guests with kids. The valet staff was awesome! Especially one member who made sure those in my party found their way to the meetup location, collected all bags from the car even though we did the self-park (free on weekend by the way), and was very patient and encouraging as I coordinated a rather unique tranportation pickup for my ladies where each individual got surprised with their own personal transporter and car. The valet lead allowed my drivers to temporarily park, so they could come inside to retrieve their rider before deparing, and also warned us of where not to park to avoid being ticketed or towed. The pool and jacuzzi area is large and relaxing, and a good place to unwind. Was not impressed with the spa, as the treatment rooms need soundproofing and the lounge area is very small, not conducive to a pampered experience. The only negative the entire stay was the transportation/shuttle staff, who I believe is a contracted company, as most of the drivers were rude and did not exhibit a Ritz attitude or helpfulness or any sense of caring. They did not assist ladies in getting safely in/out of the shuttle which was pretty tricky and a high step. Find another transport staff! Otherwise I could go on and on about how much I enjoyed the Ritz. Lobby and decor is beautiful and the hotel is connected to Tysons II so easy access to shopping. Defintely felt 1st class and five star staing here!

• Stayed July 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Staunton, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz the night before attending an exotic car rally. Management was very receptive to the special needs of our group. They allowed us to self valet the cars in a secure garage. Several members of our group entered the parking garage later in the evening to view new arrivals in the exotics area. Staff members exceeded our expectations by providing bottled water to the group at that time. Only at the Ritz...

We dined in the restaurant and found the food and service to be very good. The wine list contains ample selections for every taste and budget.

This hotel is connected to a very nice shopping mall. It's definitely worth exploring.

Room Tip: A standard room is likely more than adequate. Think about your itenerary before upgrading.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Another great trip to RC in Tysons Corner. Stayed in club level where the staff are excellent-service with a smile by SHyma and her colleagues. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The gym is adequate but was full very early in the morning. We enjoyed 2 meals in the bar. Guest relations accommodated early arrival of a family member with ease thanks to the excellent Janet. Looking forward to our next stay here.

Room Tip: Recommend booking club level-overall good value for this 5 star hotel
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at this Ritz Carlton. I have always found all of the staff to be very professional and courteous. This time we stayed on the Club level and thought it was a great value. The rooms are very clean and have all of the standard amenities. The fitness center is fully equiped with all of the standard equipment you would expect. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hernando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Spent 5 days there recently for business trip great. Service was first rate, the room was immaculate, coud't have asked for a nicer staff. I do a lot of traveling for business this Hotel had by far the best Workout Spa I have encountered in the last several years. I was able to get aboth a full aerobic and anarobic workout done . Fully equipped and well maintained.

Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Average is not what you expect from a Ritz - I received a club level room with a king bed, as requested. Two things were odd about the room. There was a fawcett to fill the tub that was loose and the caulk was clearly coming apart. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said facilities would come repair it. Two days later I checked out - no fix. The second - I was placed in a handicap room. It was fine, but given the high level of attention to detail that the Ritz prides itself on I would have thought they would have mentioned it to me when I made the reservation or when I checked in. When I made mention of this to the front desk (same time as the fawcett) they did not offer to change rooms or acknowledge the oversight. Maybe trite, but not to the level I expect at a Ritz

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

We had a horrific stay 4 days straight our room was NOT cleaned even though when we left the girl was at the room next door at 9am. We only got turn down service once in 7 days. Twice employees walked into our room with out knocking the second time it was a male an engineer who said he was there to change a light bulb! We were not dressed. Our car was also damaged by the valet. You come to the Ritz for a certain level of service it's no longer here. Calling the manager is a joke they will just defend their sub par employees. Downhill is an understatement . Don't waste your hard earned money. The club food was terrible especially the 5-7 . Not worth $100 a day!!!!

• Stayed August 2012

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!