“Great Service!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Staunton, Virginia
“Great Service!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012

We stayed at the Ritz the night before attending an exotic car rally. Management was very receptive to the special needs of our group. They allowed us to self valet the cars in a secure garage. Several members of our group entered the parking garage later in the evening to view new arrivals in the exotics area. Staff members exceeded our expectations by providing bottled water to the group at that time. Only at the Ritz...

We dined in the restaurant and found the food and service to be very good. The wine list contains ample selections for every taste and budget.

This hotel is connected to a very nice shopping mall. It's definitely worth exploring.

Room Tip: A standard room is likely more than adequate. Think about your itenerary before upgrading.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Cork, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

Another great trip to RC in Tysons Corner. Stayed in club level where the staff are excellent-service with a smile by SHyma and her colleagues. The rooms were quiet and comfortable. The gym is adequate but was full very early in the morning. We enjoyed 2 meals in the bar. Guest relations accommodated early arrival of a family member with ease thanks to the excellent Janet. Looking forward to our next stay here.

Room Tip: Recommend booking club level-overall good value for this 5 star hotel
Delaware
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

This is my 2nd stay at this Ritz Carlton. I have always found all of the staff to be very professional and courteous. This time we stayed on the Club level and thought it was a great value. The rooms are very clean and have all of the standard amenities. The fitness center is fully equiped with all of the standard equipment you would expect. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Hernando, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

Spent 5 days there recently for business trip great. Service was first rate, the room was immaculate, coud't have asked for a nicer staff. I do a lot of traveling for business this Hotel had by far the best Workout Spa I have encountered in the last several years. I was able to get aboth a full aerobic and anarobic workout done . Fully equipped and well maintained.

Woodstock, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

Average is not what you expect from a Ritz - I received a club level room with a king bed, as requested. Two things were odd about the room. There was a fawcett to fill the tub that was loose and the caulk was clearly coming apart. I mentioned it to the front desk and they said facilities would come repair it. Two days later I checked out - no fix. The second - I was placed in a handicap room. It was fine, but given the high level of attention to detail that the Ritz prides itself on I would have thought they would have mentioned it to me when I made the reservation or when I checked in. When I made mention of this to the front desk (same time as the fawcett) they did not offer to change rooms or acknowledge the oversight. Maybe trite, but not to the level I expect at a Ritz

2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

We had a horrific stay 4 days straight our room was NOT cleaned even though when we left the girl was at the room next door at 9am. We only got turn down service once in 7 days. Twice employees walked into our room with out knocking the second time it was a male an engineer who said he was there to change a light bulb! We were not dressed. Our car was also damaged by the valet. You come to the Ritz for a certain level of service it's no longer here. Calling the manager is a joke they will just defend their sub par employees. Downhill is an understatement . Don't waste your hard earned money. The club food was terrible especially the 5-7 . Not worth $100 a day!!!!

• Stayed August 2012
Denver, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2012

I stayed here on business because we got a great government rate through Marriott. It was a nice enough hotel and the staff were really friendly and helpful, but it wasn't much better than some of the nicer marriotts I stayed in. There were some nice touches (evening turn-downs, a few nice amenities and a fancy bathroom), but there were a few annoying kinks in the service as well. My first full day there, my meetings got done early and I went back to my room to work in the late afternoon, and housekeeping let themselves in without even knocking! They were friendly and apologetic, but housekeeping was everywhere, all the time, and their carts were hard to get past in the hallways at times. The walls must be really thin- my colleague had to switch rooms because she could hear the crying baby in the next room,and I could hear every word to every seinfeld episode the guy in the next room was watching. That was fine, until my neighbor's alarm clock started going off at 4 am,and just kept going til 5 am, 6 am....I finally dozed off for a last half-hour of sleep before having to go to work, when at 6:30, I got a wake up call that I had never ordered, and then my neighbor's alarm started going off again! Next time, I'll just stay at the Marriott. On the plus side, it's connected to a nice mall with lots of dining and shopping options.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Been to The Ritz-Carlton, Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!