“Great value and location” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
virginia
“Great value and location”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I have been staying at this location for 10yrs on our biannual trip to the northern Va/DC area. The staff remembers us and is always welcoming. We bring our 4 dogs with us who are great travelers and have never had a problem.

The hotel has recently undergone a remodel and looks great. I was a little disappointed they took away the 2 bedroom suites and added a business table on the first floor in place of the queen bed. Also, I felt the lobby has less seating for breakfast since the renovation but all in all it was well done.

There have also been some big changes to the surrounding area too with a metro stop right up the street as well as a Walmart shopping center with grocery store which is very convenient. The center also has a noodles and company but surrounding restsurants are great. There's a great indian restaurant in the strip across from the hotel with a buffet that is a must try. With great food and grocery and metro!! Within waking distance you can't go wrong with this location.

Yes. It gets busy with professionals during the week and yes the rates are high during the week but if you can go friday-sunday when hotel less crowded and rates drop then I recommend it. No you will not get to take advantage of the complimentary social dinner they offer weekday but you will still get breakfast which is great. Full breakfast with eggs, sausage, bacon, breads and pastries, cereal, yogurt, and waffle station. Free wifi and computer access in the lobby.

Most importantly Tusobs mall is just right up the street. I wouldn't want to walk there but it's a short cab ride or 1/2 mile drive.

For pet lovers, there is a great walking trail behind the hotel through a wooded area. Pretty well cleaned out so no worry re:ticks but nice lil walk for Fido!

• Stayed April 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 1 week ago
vabeachbum91 – Thank you for sharing your recent stay and thank you for your loyalty. We are happy that you have made us your home away from home. I will be happy to share your breakfast comments with my food and beverage staff. The changes to local area have been a long process but they have added a lot of new options for our guests. We still have a few two bedroom suites available but the inventory is limited so they tend to sell quickly, for your next visit please ask about the two bedroom suites as we still have some and would be happy to check the availability for you. We look forward to your next visit and hope it is soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Youngsville, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

When I checked in and went upstairs and used my room key, I walked in on someone who was already in the room. Went downstairs and the staff was very apologetic. The 2 staff members went back and forth on how this could happen and proceeded to give me another room. I had them call the room and sure enough that room already had a guest staying in it. They had to ask her what her name was. Obviously they had been moving guests around and had no idea where they were. I received a room on the third try. My room smelled horrible! But I didn't dare try to switch . I also didn't sleep well knowing that they may give someone a key to my room. I was put in a handicap room with no counter space in the bathroom at all. The morning I am to check out the fire alarm goes off while I am in the shower . I get dressed quickly and take the stairs down to the lobby to find out someone burnt their toast. Will not stay here again !

• Stayed December 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Tmitchell7227 - Thank you for sharing your experiences from your recent stay. I want apologize that you had such a difficult time with your arrival experience and a less than satisfactory stay. I will be reviewing this with my staff and using it as a training tool. We obviously fell short of making your stay a positive one but I greatly appreciate your feedback as it will help me coach my staff, help them with their guest interactions and allow them to create a better guest experience.
Richmond
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2014

When I entered the first room, I heard the flapper ball leaking in the toilet. I asked to change to another room and my request was granted. (To my surprise, they did have a maintenance man available at 8 pm at night). The new room was acceptable but the HVAC vent blew toward the headboard on the bed which aggravated my allergies. Also, the room was cooler than I preferred upon entering and it took a substantial amount of time to heat. The room was clean, furnished, and stocked as expected. I would try it again.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled on business
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 21, 2014
Lucky1inVA – Thank you for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that the room you were in was clean, furnished and stocked to your expectations. I am sorry to hear that you did encounter some issues with your rooms. I will be sure to investigate these issues with my engineering staff and see if we can rectify these issues prior to a guest getting to the room(s). We hope to see you again should your travels bring you back to the Tysons Corner area.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2014

Great hotel an awesome location. It's very conveniently located next to a Walmart to stock your fridge and full kitchen with groceries. It's very private and tucked off into the woods like an apartment complex. It was a wonderful place to entertain my nephew and his wife for dinner and wine. There are fabulous restaurants within walking distance to the hotel. One of which is a Persian restaurant that was out of this world. Everything was clean and enjoyable. The staff was very helpful at all times. I look forward to visiting the area again and staying there. I think this time We will get a two bedroom for more room. The lofts look really cool. Thank you Residence Inn for another wonderful stay in another wonderful city! P. Miller

Stayed September 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 17, 2014
Pierre A – Thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent stay. I am pleased that we were able to give you the space you needed for your family and that the location fit your needs as well. I will be happy to share your comments about the room and friendliness of the staff with the entire team. We look forward to your next visit
Olney, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2014

I had a one bedroom studio/suite type room. It was probably not much larger than a standard hotel room, but the space was laid out well. I was able to watch TV from the couch or turn the TV to watch in Bed. The small kitchen had everything I needed (which was really just the wine opener that night). The rooms clearly had been remodeled recently and were very clean and comfortable. Breakfast was adequate before hitting the road. The best part of the stay was the 2 gentleman at check - in. I have a hard time with directions and one of the men walked me to my room which was one building over from the main building.

I was glad I stayed less than 5 minutes from Wolf Trap instead of the 30 minute drive home when I was tired after a late concert. This was my first time doing this and it will not be my last.

I would love to see the hotel in the summer; there is a nice pool and fire pit which would make being outside enjoyable (it was too cold on the first day of November this year).

• Stayed November 2014, traveled solo
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 4, 2014
Olney_MarylandLucky - Thank you for such a wonderful review of your recent stay. I am glad that our room and the hotel fit your needs for your travels to the Vienna area. I will gladly share your comments about your check-in with my Front Office staff. Thank you again for staying with us and for sharing your experiences. We hope to see you again soon, maybe in the summer when the pool can be enjoyed.
Sao Paulo, SP
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2014

the suites has a complete kitchenette and a small couch that let you watch TV comfortably seated. The hot breakfast follows the standards of the residence inn hotels and it was well done. There is free wifi and the room was kept well cleaned during all the stay. There is a new metro station a walking distance if you need to go to downtown and a Walmart 100 meters away. The hotel offers a shuttle service to/from airport as well.

Room Tip: there is no special concern about the room locations since the hotel is in a very calm vicinity
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled on business
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 26, 2014
Jayme_Nunes - Thank you for reviewing your recent stay. I appreciate your feedback regarding the breakfast and room cleanliness, I will be sure to share these with the appropriate staff members. I am pleased that we were able to accomodate your needs with our location and the surrounding amenities. Thank you again for your comments and we hope to see you again next time your travels bring you to the Vienna area.
Kingman, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 18, 2014

We've stayed here every August for the last 10 years or so. We keep coming back because it's just an all around great place to stay and meets our needs perfectly. Always kept up very nicely. The suites, actually they are more than a basic suite are nicely decorated, lots of room for us to spread out and immaculately clean. The complimentary breakfast every morning is exceptional and lots of healthy things to eat instead of just your typical carb-heavy breakfasts some hotels offer. We have stayed in other Marriott Residence Inns across the country, but this one beats them all hands down.

Green Features: Was pleased to see a recycle bin in the kitchen, no mention of what specifically they were recycling, but we used it for paper, plastic and metals with pleasure. Always a plus for us as we try to reduce, recycle and re-use.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 22, 2014
Sam F - Thank for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am was pleased to read that we were able to meet your needs while you were traveling. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the breakfast, I will be sure to share your comments with the food and beverage team. I will also gladly share your comments with my housekeeping team about how clean you found the room. We greatly appreciate your patronage and look forward to having you with us again in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!