“Clean and comfortable. Convenient to corporate locations” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Clean and comfortable. Convenient to corporate locations”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Stayed at this property for four nights for work. I selected this property because it is literally across the street from the place that I was visiting for the week, which was extremely convenient. I had a standard king room, which included the typical kitchenette (full sized frig, microwave, stove, etc....typical Residence Inn amenities). It did seem a little smaller (the room itself) than I remembered...but that might be partially due to the fact that I've been staying at Hilton properties (Homewood Suites, Embassy Suites) lately.
The room was clean and comfortable. The exercise room was adequate, with a couple of treadmills and an elliptical, free weights, etc. (standard stuff). The common areas were a bit "compact". The lobby seemed small but that's not too surprising since the hotel doesn't have a large plot of real estate to sit upon.
Their website says "no shuttle service" so I expected that they wouldn't have a shuttle...but after arriving I realized that the statement probably refers to "no shuttle service to/from the nearby DC airports" because they did indeed have a shuttle, which will take you anywhere within a couple of miles (I took a trip to the wonderful nearby Tysons Corner mall) and pick you back up when you call...very convenient.
There is a Subway across the street, a World Market (that apparently also sells adult beverages) "behind" the property and a few other nearby restaurants that I didn't visit.
Overall, it was a decent and reliable place to stay for work. I'm sure that I'll choose it again if I have to visit the same location in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
EddieInIndy - Thank you so much for such a detailed review of your recent stay. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accomodate you during your visit to the Tysons Corner area. I will gladly share your comments about your room with my housekeeping team, they will be happy to hear that their efforts had such and impact on your stay. We greatly appreciate your business and hope to have you with us again in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

I stayed at this location 8/14-8/17 and was very pleased at first with the hospitality from front desk clerk Jean. At breakfast on 8/15, there was complete chaos in the dining area due to lack of food items available. After alerting the kitchen staff cook Nelson, he advised he was the only one on staff because the server called out. I, as an employee(cook/server) of another RI location, introduced myself to him and gave him my info, jumped right in to help him get breakfast items out to satisfy upset guests. Without going into the kitchen, I asked Nelson to pass me whatever was needed and I will set them up for him. He kept insisting there was enough out there for the guests. Keep in mind, there were no scrambled eggs, protein, potatoes, sausage skillet, bread, "standard" muffins, butter, bagels, apples, bananas, or waffle batter on the serving line. Guests were requesting to-go containers to put oatmeal, yogurt, boiled eggs, and fruit in because they were the only ready to eat items. Nelson was putting Canadian Bacon into a pan with his bare hands, I advised him that he's suppose to have gloves on at all times on the kitchen. He was getting ready to retrieve apples from their supply closet/pantry with the same hands he used to pick up the bacon with. I stopped him from doing so by letting him know that he needed to wash his hands and put on a pair of gloves while handling ready to eat food. He obliged, no issue! He allowed me to assist him until the end of breakfast service. After several guests thanked me for helping out and jumping in to help Nelson get caught up, Reneé(front desk clerk) who was texting the entire time she was working at the front desk, came over to help put fresh coffee out. I introduced myself to her letting her know I worked for her (AGM) until she relocated to this property. I asked Nelson for a sanitation bucket to clean off tables and the serving area while he tackled all of the dishes. He allowed me to clean up the entire area, and thanked me so much for helping him. I spoke with management later that day and was told that Nelson and Reneé said I was overbearing, talked down to him, not allowing him to do his job, and I kept coming into the kitchen. Huh? I stood in the hallway while he passed me items because I had on flip flops, the main reason I couldn't go into kitchen, and on top of that, I was not an employee there. I do not appreciate being lied on whether I'm a guest or an employee. I was only trying to help and now I will think twice before I do that again. On another note, Rosa(cook) was the sweetest and most helpful, Mr. Harvey ensured everyone was taken care of, Mary(front desk clerk) was so kind and provided excellent customer service. Raul(maintenance engineer) was prompt in service calls and followed up as he promised he would.

• Stayed August 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
EBOJEN - Thank you for taking the time to share your experiences. I apologize that the service you experienced was not what you have come to expect or what you provide as an associate. I will follow up with the staff you have mentioned as well as the manager you spoke with and I will take the next necessary steps. I will share your positive encounters with those mentioned as well. Thank you again for taking the time to review your stay.
Naples, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

We stayed only a single night and selected this property based solely on its convenient location, nothing more and we were not disappointed. Except for the stain on the carpet and the shelf in closet that prevented one from hanging trousers or anything full length, the one-bedroom, junior suite had everything we required and more as we never needed to use the kitchen at appeared to be fully equipped, clean and ready for use by either a couple or small family on an extended stay. The staff was friendly and professional. They reminded us that as this was a Residence Inn a complimentary full buffet breakfast was served. A nice feature for families and folks on a limited travel budget. We tried it the next morning before leaving and it was very satisfactory. For us the convenience came from its proximity to Tysons 2 and its restaurants where we were meeting friends for dinner and its location just off the express way from the Dulles Air & Space Museum that we visited for a day. If something like this is in your plans, this property presents an economical bed for the night. In our case, a queen bed. May be other types of beds are available, but as we were staying for only one night, we made do without our requested king. The bed was Marriott-comfortable and that was a blessing.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 28, 2014
ohgeorge - Thank you very much for taking the time to review your recent stay, I appreciate your detail for the hotel and the local area. I was happy to read that we were able to accomodate your needs during your trip to the DC area and we hope to see you again in the future.
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

7/4/14, we went to Washington DC to see the fireworks. This was a nice place, very good price for the Marriott, they had complimentary breakfast, it's a nice studio. Great location, it's near a big shopping mall, renovated area, brand new Grocery Wall Mart store near by, the new Metro will be open pretty soon. Will definitely check in this place next time and will highly recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
2goornot2goem - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you during your visit to the DC area. I will be happy to share your feedback with the staff. We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you back to the DC area.
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in plenty of residence Inns and this was the worst. I stayed 1 night out of the 6 that I booked and checked out and into another hotel. Tub was dirty, Bathroom had trash in the trash can. The bed was awful and I saw what I thought to be bugs on the sofa. I didn't sleep the whole night I stayed. The rooms need to be cleaned and my room smelled moldy. Don't stay here or you will be very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Mooncookie41 - Thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. I apologize that your stay was less than pleasurable and not what you have come to expect from Mariiott. I will address each of your concerns with appropriate department and take the necessary steps to resolve these issues. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our product and service.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Checked And found the sofa bed bag sheets were dirty and hair on them. Notified front desk and took care of it. Came back after dinner to find the bathroom floor had stains but decided to be a trooper and make it through the night until my daughter went to turn the lamp light by the sofa bed off to find roach looking bugs crawing all over it. Notified Mary, night front desk person, very helpful and gave us another room. This look was very clean and was what we were expecting from a Marriott property. Switched rooms and everyone was happy. Five stars to Mary night shift front person but 1-2 stars for the room.

Stayed July 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
David C - I am so sorry that you had such rough start to your stay and I will be sure to address them with an outside vendor and my staff. I will be happy to share your comments with Mary, I am sure she will be happy to hear such a positive response from her efforts.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We've stayed here several times while my husband was working. Nice pool. Decent breakfast. However, always an issue or two. This past time, we asked for late checkout. 12:00 comes, we try to get into our room around 12:15 from the pool, and the door won't open. Had to drip my way to the lobby to get the key reset. Also had to ask for a full set of bedding for the sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable, according to my daughter. The rooms need renovating: the toilet paper holder and towel rack were coming out of the walls in the bathroom. Half the room was hot and half was cold, and this was a studio! They took my husband's Gold Elite status into account and gave us extra points to make up for our issues. However, we won't be staying her again. There are better Marriotts in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main parking lot. Noisy trucks and utility carts out front.