“Nice place, great price” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #11 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice place, great price”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2014

7/4/14, we went to Washington DC to see the fireworks. This was a nice place, very good price for the Marriott, they had complimentary breakfast, it's a nice studio. Great location, it's near a big shopping mall, renovated area, brand new Grocery Wall Mart store near by, the new Metro will be open pretty soon. Will definitely check in this place next time and will highly recommend to friends.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 23, 2014
2goornot2goem - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am glad that we were able to accomodate you during your visit to the DC area. I will be happy to share your feedback with the staff. We look forward to having you with us again when your travels bring you back to the DC area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Indianapolis
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014 via mobile

I've stayed in plenty of residence Inns and this was the worst. I stayed 1 night out of the 6 that I booked and checked out and into another hotel. Tub was dirty, Bathroom had trash in the trash can. The bed was awful and I saw what I thought to be bugs on the sofa. I didn't sleep the whole night I stayed. The rooms need to be cleaned and my room smelled moldy. Don't stay here or you will be very disappointed.

• Stayed July 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 15, 2014
Mooncookie41 - Thank you for taking the time to share your expereinces. I apologize that your stay was less than pleasurable and not what you have come to expect from Mariiott. I will address each of your concerns with appropriate department and take the necessary steps to resolve these issues. I greatly appreciate your feedback as it will help us improve our product and service.
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

Checked And found the sofa bed bag sheets were dirty and hair on them. Notified front desk and took care of it. Came back after dinner to find the bathroom floor had stains but decided to be a trooper and make it through the night until my daughter went to turn the lamp light by the sofa bed off to find roach looking bugs crawing all over it. Notified Mary, night front desk person, very helpful and gave us another room. This look was very clean and was what we were expecting from a Marriott property. Switched rooms and everyone was happy. Five stars to Mary night shift front person but 1-2 stars for the room.

Stayed July 2014
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
David C - I am so sorry that you had such rough start to your stay and I will be sure to address them with an outside vendor and my staff. I will be happy to share your comments with Mary, I am sure she will be happy to hear such a positive response from her efforts.
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2014

We've stayed here several times while my husband was working. Nice pool. Decent breakfast. However, always an issue or two. This past time, we asked for late checkout. 12:00 comes, we try to get into our room around 12:15 from the pool, and the door won't open. Had to drip my way to the lobby to get the key reset. Also had to ask for a full set of bedding for the sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable, according to my daughter. The rooms need renovating: the toilet paper holder and towel rack were coming out of the walls in the bathroom. Half the room was hot and half was cold, and this was a studio! They took my husband's Gold Elite status into account and gave us extra points to make up for our issues. However, we won't be staying her again. There are better Marriotts in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main parking lot. Noisy trucks and utility carts out front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dawnie22 - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I apologize that their was a lack of bedding for the sofa bed and that your key did not get you back into your room. I will address these issues with my team in hopes of being able to avoid these types of issues moving forward. I appreciate your feedback and we hope to see you again soon.
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

Our daughter and her fiance chose the Residence Inn Tysons Corner for the guests coming to her wedding. What a really special place it turned out to be. Not only were the rooms fantastic, but the amenities were exceptional. I have not been at a motel/hotel pool with a lifeguard in many, many years! The pool was really a nice pool, too (didn't try the spa one). Not only did we receive USA Today, but the Washington Post as well--EVEN THE SUNDAY EDITION! The breakfasts offered a variety of food choices which were freshly made. The staff seemed to really enjoy working there, for they went out of their way to accommodate the guests at meals, at the reception desk, cleaning the rooms and providing shuttle service. And we truly appreciated the shuttle service for the church and reception hall. Thank you to the staff at this wonderful inn and to our daughter and her now-husband for making this wonderful selection for all of us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, July 1, 2014
Amy J - Thank you for such a wonderful review. We were honored to host you and your family for such a special event. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire team, I know they will appreciate your taking notice of their efforts. Hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the DC area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2014

Close to Tysons and off beaten track a little but has spacious clean rooms and service Marriott style very friendly!! Surprised how good the breakfast included was!! do not like rooms with a loft and if you don't like to run up and down steps this might not be what you want!!! that is the only negative!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 20, 2014
coach3313 - Thank you for your wonderful review. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the breakfast, I will be happy share your comments with the breakfast team. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.
small town VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2014

We got a AAA rate which brought the price down considerably. This was our anniversary. We left the kids at home and enjoyed a weekend free. They upgraded us for free to a larger room, even though we would have been fine with the regular room. It was a nice gesture. The staff was very friendly.

The property has some age but it doesn't look like it's from the 50's or something. It's still a nice hotel with nice appointments. They could stand to do some maintenance. the outside door let a lot of light through at the threshold. The stairs going to the loft we soft and very noisy. Even the loft made a lot of noise while walking on it.

My big complaint is that the pool closed at 9pm because of the law that they must have a lifeguard on duty. It's not management's fault, but bothersome nonetheless. We never got in the hot tub because we didn't want to do that in 85 degree heat during the day.

Breakfast was great. Friendly attendant. Kept well stocked. Scrambled eggs, sausage biscuits, potatoes, oatmeal, mini burritos, some muffins, bagels and toast. There was a little fruit, some yogurt, and milk, OJ, and cranberry juice. It was more than adequate.

convenient location. It was close yet quiet. It was not full when we were there for Fri and Sat nites.

Room was cleaned well.

Overall, a good experience. Our rate was $70+ a night. I wasn't paying Ritz Carlton prices. It was a good value for what we wanted. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade. If they are not full, you might get lucky
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
WesM64 - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to address the concerns that you noted. I will be sharing your comments with my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments, hope to see you again soon.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!