“Weekend stay” 2 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
“Weekend stay”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

Checked And found the sofa bed bag sheets were dirty and hair on them. Notified front desk and took care of it. Came back after dinner to find the bathroom floor had stains but decided to be a trooper and make it through the night until my daughter went to turn the lamp light by the sofa bed off to find roach looking bugs crawing all over it. Notified Mary, night front desk person, very helpful and gave us another room. This look was very clean and was what we were expecting from a Marriott property. Switched rooms and everyone was happy. Five stars to Mary night shift front person but 1-2 stars for the room.

Stayed July 2014

94 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We've stayed here several times while my husband was working. Nice pool. Decent breakfast. However, always an issue or two. This past time, we asked for late checkout. 12:00 comes, we try to get into our room around 12:15 from the pool, and the door won't open. Had to drip my way to the lobby to get the key reset. Also had to ask for a full set of bedding for the sofa bed, which was very uncomfortable, according to my daughter. The rooms need renovating: the toilet paper holder and towel rack were coming out of the walls in the bathroom. Half the room was hot and half was cold, and this was a studio! They took my husband's Gold Elite status into account and gave us extra points to make up for our issues. However, we won't be staying her again. There are better Marriotts in the area.

Room Tip: Try to get a room away from the main parking lot. Noisy trucks and utility carts out front.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Greenville, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Our daughter and her fiance chose the Residence Inn Tysons Corner for the guests coming to her wedding. What a really special place it turned out to be. Not only were the rooms fantastic, but the amenities were exceptional. I have not been at a motel/hotel pool with a lifeguard in many, many years! The pool was really a nice pool, too (didn't try the spa one). Not only did we receive USA Today, but the Washington Post as well--EVEN THE SUNDAY EDITION! The breakfasts offered a variety of food choices which were freshly made. The staff seemed to really enjoy working there, for they went out of their way to accommodate the guests at meals, at the reception desk, cleaning the rooms and providing shuttle service. And we truly appreciated the shuttle service for the church and reception hall. Thank you to the staff at this wonderful inn and to our daughter and her now-husband for making this wonderful selection for all of us.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Amy J - Thank you for such a wonderful review. We were honored to host you and your family for such a special event. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experiences. I will be happy to share your comments with the entire team, I know they will appreciate your taking notice of their efforts. Hope to see you again soon if your travels bring you to the DC area.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Close to Tysons and off beaten track a little but has spacious clean rooms and service Marriott style very friendly!! Surprised how good the breakfast included was!! do not like rooms with a loft and if you don't like to run up and down steps this might not be what you want!!! that is the only negative!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
coach3313 - Thank you for your wonderful review. I greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback on the breakfast, I will be happy share your comments with the breakfast team. Thank you again for sharing and we hope to see you again soon.
small town VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We got a AAA rate which brought the price down considerably. This was our anniversary. We left the kids at home and enjoyed a weekend free. They upgraded us for free to a larger room, even though we would have been fine with the regular room. It was a nice gesture. The staff was very friendly.

The property has some age but it doesn't look like it's from the 50's or something. It's still a nice hotel with nice appointments. They could stand to do some maintenance. the outside door let a lot of light through at the threshold. The stairs going to the loft we soft and very noisy. Even the loft made a lot of noise while walking on it.

My big complaint is that the pool closed at 9pm because of the law that they must have a lifeguard on duty. It's not management's fault, but bothersome nonetheless. We never got in the hot tub because we didn't want to do that in 85 degree heat during the day.

Breakfast was great. Friendly attendant. Kept well stocked. Scrambled eggs, sausage biscuits, potatoes, oatmeal, mini burritos, some muffins, bagels and toast. There was a little fruit, some yogurt, and milk, OJ, and cranberry juice. It was more than adequate.

convenient location. It was close yet quiet. It was not full when we were there for Fri and Sat nites.

Room was cleaned well.

Overall, a good experience. Our rate was $70+ a night. I wasn't paying Ritz Carlton prices. It was a good value for what we wanted. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: ask for a free upgrade. If they are not full, you might get lucky
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
WesM64 - Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I greatly appreciate your feedback and we will make sure to address the concerns that you noted. I will be sharing your comments with my staff. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments, hope to see you again soon.
Vail, AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2014

This location was selected because I prefer Marriott properties and because it was a few blocks from where I needed to meet. I was delighted to learn that I was placed at the back of the property, and there was a "back way" path that shortened my walk dramatically. (Only disadvantage--it could get muddy when it rained. I quickly learned slight alternatives to avoid having to clean my shoes every day.)

I only used the provided meals a couple times but the staff was friendly and the food was sufficient and typical of Residence Inns both times.

I chose an upstairs room to avoid hearing footsteps on my ceiling. This meant a daily climb of a flight of stairs--no problem, but the stairs were peeling paint and looking old. They could use some updating or remedial care.

The pool was not yet open so I can't rate that. I made a number of requests of the staff and they were always good about fulfilling them. The only times I was frustrated was when they were very busy with other guests. One time I gave up on waiting to talk to them and decided to come back later.

One odd thing--on the last day I requested late checkout, and apparently that was not well communicated since I had not one but two different housekeepers come to my room before I was checked out.

Housekeeping was basic and I started to wonder why I was tipping them, since the towels were never in the same place from one day to the next, and I don't think they even vacuumed on a couple of the days. I did enjoy having the kitchen area and several days ate in rather than going out. However, there are many good eating options nearby including I-Thai that I recommend. There is also a Walmart with a grocery store just about two blocks away that I bought food from several times.

The area is pleasant--I did a lot of walking and found nearby parks, trails, and a historic site. The area seems safe and fairly upscale, and I enjoyed just walking down streets and seeing spring in bloom.

I would come here again but I would pay attention to the housekeeping and give feedback if it was not to my satisfaction.

Room Tip: Rooms at the rear are a little quieter and darker if you like to sleep later.
Green Features: The hotel provided a placard about reusing towels but several times they replaced my towels anyway. They did provide a separate recycling container in the kitchen but I wish there was also one in the bathroom. It was a bit inconvenient to bring recyclable items out there.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
GMRITysons, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Bradley_T9L - Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I appreciate your honest feedback regarding your housekeeping services. I will be sure to share these with the team and make sure we there is a concerted effort to improve these services. I greatly appreciate your details on your stay and we hope to see you again in the future.
McKeesport, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

I chose residence inn in Tyson's corner because having a kitchen was important to me due to gluten sensitivity. I LOVED that it wasn't a huge high rise hotel. The two story bungalow type layout made for a much quieter environment in general. It was rare to hear a door shut or someone talk despite he hotel being rather booked. Also, parking was a non issue and, again due to the two story layout, it was easy to find a space by our room. The room itself was very very clean, spacious and comfortable. I appreciated that there was a double wide clothes closet near the sleeping area but also a coat closet right by the door which was perfect to store our coats, luggage and shoes. The shower always had ample hot water and nice water pressure which is always nice with longer hair and tends to be an issue in hotels. The kitchen was so very well equipped! You name it, we had it! A full fridge, stove, garbage disposal, pots, pans, utensils, etc, a full size coffee maker (used cone filters), coffee, tea, sugar, sweetener, salt, pepper, and even popcorn were included as well. The bed was also very comfortable as well as the pillows! (I wish I could have taken the pillows home actually!) Additionally, anything I asked for (extra pillows, blankets, towels, etc) we recieved right away.

The staff couldn't have been nicer or more helpful and friendly. The grounds were clean. The pool area looked nice but it wasn't open because it is outside. The gym was adequate and not busy, and the morning breakfast smelled delicious (I prepare my own gf foods so I didn't eat anything). They also have coffee and tea in the lobby all day.

Honestly I cannot say enough about HOW MUCH I enjoyed our stay or the hotel or employees! It was like being at home. Just simply cozy!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
dazeekr - Thank you for your patronage and review of your stay. I greatly appreciate the time you took to wrote this review and the specific details. I will happily share your review with the entire team. Thank again for such a positive review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!