“Customer service oriented and friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #8 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
“Customer service oriented and friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We had a great experience. Went back the next week. Kitchen is stocked well, compact and well planned out room. Clean and comfortable bed. Convenient location for Tyson's or fairfax business. Quiet location with many restaurant choices. Tyson's is bit of a mess with building if metro but that is short term.

• Stayed August 2013
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 24, 2013

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and the room. The metro project is almost complete, and the upside is you will have a metro stop within walking distance that will put you right in DC. We look forward to having you again.

97 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Booked this hotel through Priceline. Great rate for the area. Quiet location, plenty of parking. WiFi was good, and the server was fast enough to run Netflix, which is my criterion for a higher rating. Here's the rub: The grounds are very poorly maintained. Lots of trash, old leaves from last year and cigarette butts all around. They just need to clean the place up.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

I'm glad that you enjoyed the stay at the hotel and our newly renovated rooms. Due to our large surburban setting and amount of trees on our property, it certainly is a challenge staying on top of leaves. We certainly do our best by continuing to walk the propert, blowing leaves and picking up articles of trash that may have blown from neighboring properties. We look forward to having you in the future.

Springboro, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

Stayed here on business. I can see why it was under per diem. The property was dirty. The rooms, while "no smoking" reeked of smoke. I put my luggage in my car so as to minimize the impact. My recommendation is to find another property.

Stayed September 2013
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 16, 2013

I am terribly sorry that you felt our property was not to your satisfaction. The Residence Inn Tysons Corner underwent a major renovation within the past 12 months which drastically upgraded our rooms. We are a 100% non-smoking property, I apologize that our staff did not pick up that a guest was smoking in your room prior to you. We would love to have you stay again, I can assure you that the circumstances from this stay are uncommon.

Lee's Summit, Missouri
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 11, 2013

The parking area is not well lit and did not seem very safe. This is the older Residence Inn style with all the doors opening outside. Again, not very safe. Older being the theme, there was nothing really wrong with my room, it was just run down. Also, not much nearby on foot. The staff was friendly enough, but it just wasn't that great. Moved to new hotel after one night.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Tysons Corner. I am terribly sorry you felt our location was not to your satisfaction. Many of our long term guests love that our property is not directly on the main roads of Tysons Corner. Within the next 6 months there will be a metro stop opening a block away from the hotel which will improve our location tremendously. I certainly look forward to having you return in the future.

Solomons, Maryland, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Once you check into the Residence Inn, you will scarcely believe in are in midst of a busy metropolis. Marriott has done a fabulous job siting this very attractive property against a "Green" area that runs between the office complexes south of Route 7 and the Dulles Access Road and a residential neighborhood. The apartment style accommodations are ideal for long term and short term stays with ample parking and easy access to major thoroughfares. Plenty of fine eating options are close by as is the Tyson's Corner Shopping Mall Complex.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
Thank you for your review on the Residence Inn Tysons corner.
I am pleased our location met and exceeded your expectations. I, like yourself, enjoy the fact our hotel is not directly in the heart of Tysons Corner, but we still are only a short trip from the center. The metro rail being built at the end of our street will be a tremendous boost as well. We look forward to having you in the future.

Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this property for monthly visits to the DC/ Virginia area, from May 2012 to May 2013. It is conveniently located to DC, a short 15 minute drive into downtown, right off the interstate, very close to the wonderful Tyson's Corner shopping mall. Its a quiet, secluded property with nice outside areas. And within walking distance to a few specialty restaurants. I usually stayed in a one bedroom suite, but also tried out the 2 story loft style executive suites. I don't recommend the loft, in that the upstairs bedroom gets very hot, very hard to regulate the room temperature in those rooms. Great staff, always clean, literally a little home away from home.

• Stayed May 2013
I am pleased that we were able to make our hotel your home away from home the past year. It brings great pleasure to know we consistently kept our rooms clean, and you enjoyed our staff. We certainly look forward to having you again in the future.

Eastern Shore Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Stayed here this past weekend with my family while visiting my husband who is working on the new Walmart that is opening down the street. The Inn itself is very nice and check in went very smoothly! Our building was around back and we had a room on the ground floor (I was quite thankful for that since there was no elevator). We had a one bedroom room with a pull out sofa, which my kids loved though it was uncomfortable to me.Also the closet door was broken which I asked that they either remove the door or fix it. I was afraid it might fall on my two year old. They assured me they would have someone come fix it, but no one ever did. The kitchen was nice, but didn't have any pots or pans for cooking, which was a problem when I was making dinner. The only real problems I had were with the lifeguard at the pool. He was very rude and made up his own rules. English was not his first language and when I complained to the other lifeguard he spoke to the other lifeguard in front of me in a different language so I couldn't understand him. I was kind of disappointed in this property, thought the stay would go better than it did. Def not worth the price I paid for the weekend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for your review jiwdurando,
I am terribly sorry that you left the hotel disappointed. We do strive to meet and exceed all guest expectations, and it seems like we did not do so. I apologize that no one from maintenance followed up with your request, I will do my best to research your request, and coach and counsel with my team. The life guards are provided by our pool company, while the hotel's focus is on customer service, their focus is on the safety of all of our guests. Occasionally that message isn't delivered clearly due to english not being a primary language. I certainly invite you back to the hotel in the future, upon doing so, please don't hesitate to contact me directly so I can give you a favorable room and rate.

Shaune Johnson

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!