“An Oasis In Busy Tyson's Corner” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Annandale, Virginia
“An Oasis In Busy Tyson's Corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013

All of the guests for my daughter and son in law's wedding stayed here for an amazing weekend. From the moment my son in law found the property almost a year ago, until the last guest departed on the wedding weekend, the amazing and attentive staff were helpful, knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with. Steve Javor, the manager was so willing to assist us with anything we needed. The rooms were spacious, clean and comfortable. The rates were reasonable in an area where rates for hotel rooms can be very high. They provide a full breakfast in the lobby which is included in the rate. There is a nice pool, a single tennis court and a small basketball court. Wonderful for couples, solo travelers, family and business travelers.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Thank you for your review djleek and congratulations to your daughter. I'm glad our Director of Sales, Steve Javor was able to assist you and your family during this important moment in all of your lives. We wish your family continued happiness and are looking forward to having you again in the future.

Shaune Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Fairfax, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

We contracted this property for our wedding and I must say I couldn't have asked for a better stay for our out of town guests and wedding party. The property itself underwent and major renovation and the rooms were private and spacious. Apartment style living in each room, and their executive suites were more than spacious.The staff was so accommodating and attentive to our every need, including different traditions. We are so pleased with everything that I intend to contract this hotel for all our out of town guests in the future.

Thank you again for making our wedding weekend extra special!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 10, 2013
Congratulations meleepele!

We are very happy that all went well at the hotel and your wedding. For something as important as your wedding the last thing we would want to happy is you or your guests having issues with the hotel. I wish you and your wife many years of happiness.

Salem, NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

My husband and I visited the area to sightsee in Washington DC. The Residence Inn was a great place to stay. I really loved the individual buildings. It gave us quite a bit of privacy. The front staff was very responsive and helpful. The breakfast was the typical Marriott's breakfast.....a little bit of everything... make-your-own waffles, juice, plenty of fresh fruit, eggs, a different entree each day, muffins, etc etc The breakfast staff was incredible! It was easy to drive the four miles to the nearest metro, but within a year there will be a metro station right at the end of the street! The pool area was not open yet, but the fire pit in the back is a nice addition, with outdoor tables all around if you choose to take your breakfast outside. We did not take advantage of the complimentary dinners on Mon-Wed. The room was kept extremely clean and was spacious and quite adequate for our needs. The housekeeping staff did a nice job of keeping the room clean. I would most definitely stay at this Residence Inn again if I come back to the Washington DC area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review KarenandTag,

I'm glad you enjoyed all areas of your stay. It sounds like the staff not only met your expectations but also exceeded them. The housekeeping staff and I take pride in making sure that every guest has a similar experience to yours. We are also very excited about the metro opening up at the end of our street which will certainly make it easier to travel to DC. We look forward to having you stay in the future.

Zionsville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great place for an extended stay because of all the comforts of home and beyond in a quiet setting. Clean, clean, clean. Staff are the most accommodating. Best breakfast hands down. Close enough to walk to several restaurants & would recommend Paisanos Pizza,,,they have much more than just pizza, great service at a great price.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review VoodooVicki,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Having a clean room is very important to me as a traveler as well. I will share your comments with the housekeeping staff as they work very hard to make sure all of our guests have similar experiences to yours. We look forward to having you again.

Tysons Corner, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

This hotel is on a quiet street and a very good location once the metro station is completed (within a 5 minute walk). For now, the hotel provides shuttle service to the closest station. The room was a suite with ample living area (with fireplace), a kitchen and a private entrance. Everything was very clean. Outside there was a propane firepit next to the pool which was very nice on a cool night. The breakfasts were great with various hot and cold foods. The hotel staff from the general manager on down was very friendly and eager to make your stay as comfortable as possible. A large shopping mall along with restaurants were close by ( a 5-15 minute drive depending on traffic). I will definitely stay there again whenever I visit DC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I am glad you enjoyed our firepit next to the pool as it is also a favorite of mine during cool evenings. The metro station will certainly be a big plus to the hotel once it opens later this year. I am pleased that the hotel staff met and exceeded your expectations during your stay. We look forward to having you again.

Richmond, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed @ this location for the first time and will repeat when we are in the Tysons Corner area again, close to the mall, not many restaurants around ... The hotel is a great deal, free Wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast...the rooms are modern and stylish, ample parking, close to I-495, the lobby could use a decor redo, it is not as modern as the living quarters...great for long-term travel...someone's smoke detector had gone off around 11:30 pm and each room's alarm sounded, I really like this method, it insures everyone's alert, fire department arrived, less than 45-minutes, we were back in the room... I really appreciated the email which was sent explaining the incident...feels like your own apartment/condo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

I am terribly sorry that the fire alarm did go off during your stay but again I am glad everyone was ok. I'm glad you appreciated the email that was sent to you. As I am a traveler myself, it's certainly the little things that go the furthest.

We look forward to having you return soon!

Raleigh, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

One the poorest Residence Inns of the many that I have stayed in. One of the original designs spread over several buildings.
The room I was allocated was the most sparsely decorated room of have stayed in for many years. In the living area there was a
sofa and an empty fireplace. I was so astounded by the empty space asked the receptionist if there was supposed to be a table there and
they said yes and delivered one to my room!!! Then they asked if that was all -- I said it still looked totally empty and they
said well that is our hotel. In the kitchen area there are two chairs -- apparently there used to be four but the new
owner decided that was too many, so they took two away. There was no desk and no desk chair, which every
other Residence Inn I have stayed in has had. The TV channel I watch most (business news channel 68 on their system) showed "no signal"the whole
time and the others I watched periodically also switched off to "no signal" also.
In fairness to the hotel, when I voiced these concerns they did offer to upgrade me to a superior room which they
said would be slightly better. By then I had unpacked and very much doubted that it would be much better. I should not have
had to raise these concerns.
This hotel is not remotely like the rooms shown on Marriott's TV ads. Not a nice place to stay and one I was very happy to check out of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our rooms are larger than most Residence Inn's which give you extra space in your room. I am sorry that you felt the room was empty but many of our guests enjoy the extra space. Our rooms have been renovated and in my opinion are the best in Tysons Corner. During your stay we did have an issue with our cable company which has since been resolved. I welcome you to give us another try and we offer superior service as well as our rooms are moderately priced for the size. Please dont hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of more assistance to you.

Shaune Johnson

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!