“Great Deal!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Richmond, Virginia
“Great Deal!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2013

We stayed @ this location for the first time and will repeat when we are in the Tysons Corner area again, close to the mall, not many restaurants around ... The hotel is a great deal, free Wi-fi, free parking, free breakfast...the rooms are modern and stylish, ample parking, close to I-495, the lobby could use a decor redo, it is not as modern as the living quarters...great for long-term travel...someone's smoke detector had gone off around 11:30 pm and each room's alarm sounded, I really like this method, it insures everyone's alert, fire department arrived, less than 45-minutes, we were back in the room... I really appreciated the email which was sent explaining the incident...feels like your own apartment/condo.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 16, 2013

I am terribly sorry that the fire alarm did go off during your stay but again I am glad everyone was ok. I'm glad you appreciated the email that was sent to you. As I am a traveler myself, it's certainly the little things that go the furthest.

We look forward to having you return soon!

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Raleigh, USA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

One the poorest Residence Inns of the many that I have stayed in. One of the original designs spread over several buildings.
The room I was allocated was the most sparsely decorated room of have stayed in for many years. In the living area there was a
sofa and an empty fireplace. I was so astounded by the empty space asked the receptionist if there was supposed to be a table there and
they said yes and delivered one to my room!!! Then they asked if that was all -- I said it still looked totally empty and they
said well that is our hotel. In the kitchen area there are two chairs -- apparently there used to be four but the new
owner decided that was too many, so they took two away. There was no desk and no desk chair, which every
other Residence Inn I have stayed in has had. The TV channel I watch most (business news channel 68 on their system) showed "no signal"the whole
time and the others I watched periodically also switched off to "no signal" also.
In fairness to the hotel, when I voiced these concerns they did offer to upgrade me to a superior room which they
said would be slightly better. By then I had unpacked and very much doubted that it would be much better. I should not have
had to raise these concerns.
This hotel is not remotely like the rooms shown on Marriott's TV ads. Not a nice place to stay and one I was very happy to check out of.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

I am terribly sorry that you did not enjoy your stay. Our rooms are larger than most Residence Inn's which give you extra space in your room. I am sorry that you felt the room was empty but many of our guests enjoy the extra space. Our rooms have been renovated and in my opinion are the best in Tysons Corner. During your stay we did have an issue with our cable company which has since been resolved. I welcome you to give us another try and we offer superior service as well as our rooms are moderately priced for the size. Please dont hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of more assistance to you.

Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in Tysons Corner - if you have a car. Public transportation isn't easy in Northern Virginia, so it's your car or a taxi. The room was very nice, very clean. Studio rooms come with nice extras like coffee, popcorn, bathroom products. Lots of delivery for take out options with the menus located in a notebook in your room. There is a "full" breakfast that is complementary, which includes hot items as well as yogurt, muffins etc. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative was the bed. It was rock hard and the pillows were really flat and uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you felt we are a great hotel for business travelers as well as those here for extended stay. The metro is being developed within walking distance from the hotel and should be up and running within the year. This will be a huge plus for guests wanting to use public transportation. We are also in the process of upgrading our bedding package, pillows included. We look forward to having you again in the near future.

Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived as part of a block of rooms reserved for wedding guests for a local wedding near Tysons Corner. Can't say enough about how helpful the entire staff was in welcoming us and taking care of any requests that the wedding guests had. They were very receptive in handing out "welcome goodie bags" to the wedding guests as they arrived for check in over three days.
The breakfast selection was very good. The rooms were spacious and clean. We enjoyed our stay and that is the bottom line to any hotel stay, we had an excellent experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your survey. I am delighted that you and other wedding guests enjoyed your stay with us. We wish the newly weds the best in the future and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Seriously. THE best, most sweet staff on the planet. Anything we asked, they had answers for. I even had an adorable fella drop off some much needed contact solution to my door when in desperate need. I wish I lived in the area because I would probably just visit for fun everyday ; )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad you and the staff got along during your time here. I love hearing stories from guests when associates go above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations as a traveler. There are many options for hotels in the area but I truly believe its our staff and clean rooms that make the difference.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed four days with family. One bedroom loft with full bath; hideaway downstairs with full bath. Kitchenette is adequate and fully stocked with dishware. The full breakfast selection is quite good, but PLEASE add BACON. Sausage every day... My children said they would have liked cut fresh fruit and donuts. :) Our room carpet smelled old, but the loft apartment was spotless. We would stay here again, but would opt for the wall between the lower floor and the living room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and more importanly the staff. We look forward to having you stay again in the future.

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

One of the best hotel accommodations I've stayed in within the past 10 years of business travel. Room was nice, clean and was more like an efficiency apartment, but with a nice lobby for breakfast only a short walk away. Staff was very helpful and genuinely nice; in fact, I asked the girl at the desk to help helped me with the top button on a dress shirt that my wife has to assist me with sometimes. Very satisfied, would not only stay there again when doing business in Tysons Corner/McLean, VA area, but would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

I am glad you feel as strongly as you do about the hotel. It is the hotel's goal to have each and every guest leave with a similar feeling. I am glad that we did our part to make you feel welcome. I look forward to having you and any guests you may have stay with you in the future.

Shaune Johnson

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!