“Great for business” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Herndon, Virginia
“Great for business”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel is conveniently located in Tysons Corner - if you have a car. Public transportation isn't easy in Northern Virginia, so it's your car or a taxi. The room was very nice, very clean. Studio rooms come with nice extras like coffee, popcorn, bathroom products. Lots of delivery for take out options with the menus located in a notebook in your room. There is a "full" breakfast that is complementary, which includes hot items as well as yogurt, muffins etc. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. The only negative was the bed. It was rock hard and the pillows were really flat and uncomfortable.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am glad you felt we are a great hotel for business travelers as well as those here for extended stay. The metro is being developed within walking distance from the hotel and should be up and running within the year. This will be a huge plus for guests wanting to use public transportation. We are also in the process of upgrading our bedding package, pillows included. We look forward to having you again in the near future.

Shaune Johnson

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We arrived as part of a block of rooms reserved for wedding guests for a local wedding near Tysons Corner. Can't say enough about how helpful the entire staff was in welcoming us and taking care of any requests that the wedding guests had. They were very receptive in handing out "welcome goodie bags" to the wedding guests as they arrived for check in over three days.
The breakfast selection was very good. The rooms were spacious and clean. We enjoyed our stay and that is the bottom line to any hotel stay, we had an excellent experience!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Thank you for your survey. I am delighted that you and other wedding guests enjoyed your stay with us. We wish the newly weds the best in the future and we look forward to having you stay with us again.

Bentonville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Seriously. THE best, most sweet staff on the planet. Anything we asked, they had answers for. I even had an adorable fella drop off some much needed contact solution to my door when in desperate need. I wish I lived in the area because I would probably just visit for fun everyday ; )

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad you and the staff got along during your time here. I love hearing stories from guests when associates go above and beyond to meet and exceed your expectations as a traveler. There are many options for hotels in the area but I truly believe its our staff and clean rooms that make the difference.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

We stayed four days with family. One bedroom loft with full bath; hideaway downstairs with full bath. Kitchenette is adequate and fully stocked with dishware. The full breakfast selection is quite good, but PLEASE add BACON. Sausage every day... My children said they would have liked cut fresh fruit and donuts. :) Our room carpet smelled old, but the loft apartment was spotless. We would stay here again, but would opt for the wall between the lower floor and the living room.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. I am glad you and your family enjoyed your time here and more importanly the staff. We look forward to having you stay again in the future.

Yorktown, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

One of the best hotel accommodations I've stayed in within the past 10 years of business travel. Room was nice, clean and was more like an efficiency apartment, but with a nice lobby for breakfast only a short walk away. Staff was very helpful and genuinely nice; in fact, I asked the girl at the desk to help helped me with the top button on a dress shirt that my wife has to assist me with sometimes. Very satisfied, would not only stay there again when doing business in Tysons Corner/McLean, VA area, but would recommend it to others.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 11, 2013

I am glad you feel as strongly as you do about the hotel. It is the hotel's goal to have each and every guest leave with a similar feeling. I am glad that we did our part to make you feel welcome. I look forward to having you and any guests you may have stay with you in the future.

Lincoln
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

This facility is nice, but be aware that you must go outside to get to the lobby for breakfast. Most of the year this would not be a problem, but it was cold during our stay. The facility has been undergoing a remodeling and everything is in great shape.

• Stayed February 2013
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
Thank you for your review.

I will share your comments with the team here and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. The property is unique in that you do have to go outside in order to get to breakfast but the grounds are truly beautiful and second to none. We look forward to having you stay again soon.

Oak Ridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

residence inns have a reputation for cleanliness, excellent locations and friendly staff. This one did not let me down. Although a little hard to find due to the GPS, one quick call put me at the door of this fine business hotel. I had some time on a Sunday and found out the BEST benefit of this hotel is their membership to the Sports and Fitness club nearby. A quick car trip over and I enjoyed a great cross fit workout, a sauna, whirlpool, great shower and a terrific morning. I went back to the hotel and gave them the card and completed my morning with a nice continental breakfast. This was really a good business saty on a Sunday morning. thanks to the staff for their help and I will be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Shaune J, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Thank you for your response.

I am glad the hotel not only met your needs but exceeded them as well. We look forward to having you stay again in the future.

Shaune Johnson

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!