“Great Place to Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Williamsburg, Virginia, United States
“Great Place to Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

This place was nice! Not noisy, plenty of space, nice accommodations and great prices! We especially liked that breakfast was included and it was a good breakfast, too. Free wifi was also great. The only thing we didn't like was the weird parking and the shower mechanism broke after one shower, but they sent someone up right away to fix it. The hotel staff was very helpful and I was able to print documents from the business center that we needed. We would definitely stay here again!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Hi Sarah K!

Thank you very much for your comments regarding your recent stay with us. I am always pleased to hear that we were able to meet and hopefully exceed your expectations with our breakfast. It's the start of the day and it always helps to get off to a good start. Unfortunately with our renovation just finishing up we still have a few parking spaces taken up with storage but they will be gone in a couple of weeks. It's also good to hear that even though there was a problem with the shower we were able to fix it right away.

I do hope that if you are in the area again you will come and stay with us. You would be able to see the new fire pit that is currently being installed and maybe even get a chance to see a few things that you might have missed on this last trip.

Thank you very much for stayng with us and we hope to see you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Smithtown, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

It was a pleasure to stay at the Residence Inn at Tysons Corner. Your staff was most accommodating. I believe I speak for all of us - four rooms of guests - when I say that we were all pleased and will remember your Inn if/when we return to Tysons Corner. Whether we asked for rooms together, requested another pillow, sought info for local restaurants, were helped with seating at breakfast (which I might add was included and very good) the entire staff was wonderful. Again, our thanks to all who made it a pleasant stay for us.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Thank you very much for your response regarding your stay with us at our hotel! We take great pride in being able to provide our guests with memorable customer service and it appears that we were able to do just that for you and your family during your stay with us. We would love to have you back to stay with us again as we are still in the process of improving our hotel with an outdoor fire pit coming soon. We are also in the process of further upgrading some of the area information and the way in which we offer this information. So if/when you do come back we fully expect to be even better!

Thank you again for staying with us and for leaving such a great review of our hotel.
Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

We stayed here two nights, as we were in town for college visits. The traffic was horrible, but we had an okay commute into DC for our two days there. THe hotel is conveniently located near restaurants and shopping. Our room was adequate, and the breakfast was superb!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 20, 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to provide feedback regarding your stay with us. I am always pleased to hear that our guests have enjoyed their stay. Even though many of the area roads are under construction, we were glad to provide you with a bright spot and a break from the traffic. We have been working with our new breakfast area so I am especially glad to hear you say that it was superb.

Again, thank you for your response. Hopefully you will come back and stay with us in the near future. We still have a few outdoor areas that are being renovated and I'm sure you will enjoy them as well.
Johns Creek, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Good value for Tyson's Corner - suite was very large and comfortable, with a fireplace for cold nights (though I didn't need to use it). Staff was generally responsive, and provided a good list of restaurants in the area. Traffic on VA 7 is terrible, but the property is in a good location, halfway between two freeways.

Free breakfast was decent, and the free WiFi was actually good - I had a fast connection for my entire stay.

Will be returning again.

Room Tip: For business travel, a suite was all I needed. I requested a ground floor room, and even facing the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel!

I'm happy to hear that we were able to assist you with dining options, and overall help you enjoy your stay. We have had a complete internet upgrade and I am glad to hear it worked out well for you.

We are planning a complete renovation of the entire hotel so when you return you can expect to see a dramatic improvement.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.
Westminster, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for business travel (training) for the better part of 5 weeks.
All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. The breakfasts and occasional dinners provided were good. Front desk was always helpful. The room was good-sized for an extended stay.
The hotel needs some fresh paint and some updating, but that certainly is manageable.
One thing to warn on is getting a taxi. I consistently had to wait minimum of 15 minutes, and on several occasions, I waited over 30 minutes. I don't know why this was such an issue, but it is annoying when you have to get to the airport.
There are some decent Middle Eastern restaurants and a Subway within walking distance. The drink specials at one of the restaurants is really a great pick me up during business travel.
Okay exercise room, but small. Free weights and some treadmills squeezed into a small space.
I had good times here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would choose an upstairs room to avoid hearing anyone above you.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. I am very glad that we were a good fit for your needs over the 5 weeks you stayed with us. We do feel we are a great fit for travelers like you who are staying for an extended period of time and need more space than average.

In regards to your comment about the hotel needing paint, you will be pleased to know that we do indeed have a complete renovation of the hotel scheduled beginning in December 2011. We take pride in being able to maintain it as we have and are looking forward to having a brand new hotel.

I hope that your work will bring you back to the area so that you can see the finished product.

Thank you again for staying with us.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Solar Decathlon, museums, the Korean spa in Centreville and trail running in Great Falls Park. Close to both Whole Foods and Trader Joe, and close to the Dunn-Loring metro station, we thoroughly enjoyed our 4-night stay. Clean, safe and warm service. Free parking and non-smoking policy throughout the hotel were welcome bonuses. My husband appreciated the included breakfast while I brought mine along. There was a misunderstanding about their shuttle hours (they don't have one on Friday evening, which I didn't know about when I booked the hotel) but the staff found an alternative for us. One of our best trip ever and this hotel played played a large part in it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on 1st floor unless you really want to - close to noise and lights from parkin...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Wow thank you for allowing us to be a part of "one of your best trips ever!" It seems we met your needs at every opportunity with the exception of the shuttle mix up. I am glad to hear that we were able to assist with alternate transportation.

I hope you are able to come and stay with us again. We are currently making plans for a complete renovation of the rooms and the Gatehouse. With the renovation we can only expect things to get better and for guests like you to enjoy their experience with us even more.

Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your vacation experience. We will hopefully get a chance to have you stay with us again in the future.
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while attending the U.S. Open in summer 2011. We enjoyed the large living space and pretty much a full kitchen. After spending all day at the golf course, it was nice to come back to a relaxing place, with a sofa and comfy chair. Breakfast each morning was a plus, but the only part we didn't care for was all the highway construction. Great mall was nearby but didn't get a chance to visit it. The value is great and the hotel met all of our needs. Definitely will stay again if we're in the area but will check out the construction first.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your response and feedback about your stay with our hotel.

Unfortunately traffic and construction in this area is an almost ongoing experience. I believe the construction you mention is nearing completion on the beltway and in this area of Tysons Corner so there should not be any issues should you return in the future.

It is pleasing to hear that we were able to meet your needs for such an event as the US Open Tournament. We would love to have you and your family stay with us again. You will also be pleased to know that we will be undrgoing a complete hotel renovation beginning in December of this year so stay tuned for an updated website as well.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!