“Good value for the area” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #9 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Good value for the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2011

Good value for Tyson's Corner - suite was very large and comfortable, with a fireplace for cold nights (though I didn't need to use it). Staff was generally responsive, and provided a good list of restaurants in the area. Traffic on VA 7 is terrible, but the property is in a good location, halfway between two freeways.

Free breakfast was decent, and the free WiFi was actually good - I had a fast connection for my entire stay.

Will be returning again.

Room Tip: For business travel, a suite was all I needed. I requested a ground floor room, and even facing the...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you very much for your feedback about our hotel!

I'm happy to hear that we were able to assist you with dining options, and overall help you enjoy your stay. We have had a complete internet upgrade and I am glad to hear it worked out well for you.

We are planning a complete renovation of the entire hotel so when you return you can expect to see a dramatic improvement.

Thank you very much for choosing our hotel and we look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Westminster, CO
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2011

I stayed in this hotel for business travel (training) for the better part of 5 weeks.
All in all, it was an enjoyable stay. The breakfasts and occasional dinners provided were good. Front desk was always helpful. The room was good-sized for an extended stay.
The hotel needs some fresh paint and some updating, but that certainly is manageable.
One thing to warn on is getting a taxi. I consistently had to wait minimum of 15 minutes, and on several occasions, I waited over 30 minutes. I don't know why this was such an issue, but it is annoying when you have to get to the airport.
There are some decent Middle Eastern restaurants and a Subway within walking distance. The drink specials at one of the restaurants is really a great pick me up during business travel.
Okay exercise room, but small. Free weights and some treadmills squeezed into a small space.
I had good times here. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I would choose an upstairs room to avoid hearing anyone above you.
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 31, 2011
Good Afternoon,

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback about our hotel. I am very glad that we were a good fit for your needs over the 5 weeks you stayed with us. We do feel we are a great fit for travelers like you who are staying for an extended period of time and need more space than average.

In regards to your comment about the hotel needing paint, you will be pleased to know that we do indeed have a complete renovation of the hotel scheduled beginning in December 2011. We take pride in being able to maintain it as we have and are looking forward to having a brand new hotel.

I hope that your work will bring you back to the area so that you can see the finished product.

Thank you again for staying with us.
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while visiting the Solar Decathlon, museums, the Korean spa in Centreville and trail running in Great Falls Park. Close to both Whole Foods and Trader Joe, and close to the Dunn-Loring metro station, we thoroughly enjoyed our 4-night stay. Clean, safe and warm service. Free parking and non-smoking policy throughout the hotel were welcome bonuses. My husband appreciated the included breakfast while I brought mine along. There was a misunderstanding about their shuttle hours (they don't have one on Friday evening, which I didn't know about when I booked the hotel) but the staff found an alternative for us. One of our best trip ever and this hotel played played a large part in it. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on 1st floor unless you really want to - close to noise and lights from parkin...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 5, 2011
Wow thank you for allowing us to be a part of "one of your best trips ever!" It seems we met your needs at every opportunity with the exception of the shuttle mix up. I am glad to hear that we were able to assist with alternate transportation.

I hope you are able to come and stay with us again. We are currently making plans for a complete renovation of the rooms and the Gatehouse. With the renovation we can only expect things to get better and for guests like you to enjoy their experience with us even more.

Thank you again for allowing us to be a part of your vacation experience. We will hopefully get a chance to have you stay with us again in the future.
Etters, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2011

My husband and I stayed here while attending the U.S. Open in summer 2011. We enjoyed the large living space and pretty much a full kitchen. After spending all day at the golf course, it was nice to come back to a relaxing place, with a sofa and comfy chair. Breakfast each morning was a plus, but the only part we didn't care for was all the highway construction. Great mall was nearby but didn't get a chance to visit it. The value is great and the hotel met all of our needs. Definitely will stay again if we're in the area but will check out the construction first.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 27, 2011
Thank you very much for your response and feedback about your stay with our hotel.

Unfortunately traffic and construction in this area is an almost ongoing experience. I believe the construction you mention is nearing completion on the beltway and in this area of Tysons Corner so there should not be any issues should you return in the future.

It is pleasing to hear that we were able to meet your needs for such an event as the US Open Tournament. We would love to have you and your family stay with us again. You will also be pleased to know that we will be undrgoing a complete hotel renovation beginning in December of this year so stay tuned for an updated website as well.

Thank you again for choosing our hotel for your travel needs.
Myrtle beach,SC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

Check in was at 3, yet our room was not ready till 4.30 pm. Unacceptable. The two story room with full kitchen and 2 bathrooms was nice . Housekeeping is not so good, found a nasty baked cheesefilled pepper in the oven upon arrival!!!!!!!!!!!!
Nice hotel grounds, good sized pool ( but too many screaming kids with poor supervision), good little gym.
The internet speed is ridiculous at this time and age. i mean RIDICULOUS!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
RITysonsGM, General Manager at Residence Inn Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 26, 2011
Thank you very much for leaving feedback regarding our hotel. I am very glad you enjoyed your stay for the most part despite some of the problems you experienced.

I truly apologize for not making sure that your room was free of the previous guests belongings. It's a basic process to make sure these things are thrown out and we have taken steps to make sure it does not happen again. It was clearly our oversight and for that I apologize.

As far as our internet speed, you would be happy to know that we are in the process of installing a top of the line fiber optic high speed internet network complete with all new access points throughout the property. We have been aware of our limitations for some time and have just begun the installation.

I do hope that if you are in the area again you will give us another opportunity to show our best in customer service and our true Marriott "Spirit to Serve."
akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

Our family traveled from northeast Ohio to the Outer Banks for vacation this year with an 8 year old, 2 year old and 3 month old. This hotel was great because of the pool, easy highway access and large living spaces.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your response about our hotel. I am glad we had the opportunity to be a positive part of your family's vacation. I know how important a pool and space can be to a family with small chidren so I'm very happy to have been able to accommodate you and your family.

I do hope that you will stop through and join us again on your family's next trip to the Outer Banks. If it is next Summer you will be glad to know that we have plans for a complete property renovation beginning in December 2011.

Thank you again.
Morgan Hill, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

This property is a bit dated, but the value is incredible. We got the penthouse suite, which is a kitchen, big downstairs room with murphy bed, fireplace, downstairs bath, then upstairs master bed loft and bathroom. There is a pool to entertain the kids, although small, still does the trick. Daily free breakfast includes make your own fresh waffles and dinner every week night. You can not beat this price for the value.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Thank you very much for your feedback about your stay with our hotel. I was very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. It is always a pleasure to hear that families are able to take full advantage of the amount of space our rooms provide. Our Penthouse suites are the largest rooms we have in the hotel and are very spacious. In fact they are some of the largest rooms in the area which makes them very popular. We also have a two-bedroom version that gives you a door on the downstairs room.

In regards to the property being dated, you will be pleased to know that we have a full renovation scheduled in December of this year. We will have the latest Marriott room package and a brand new Gatehouse as well.

I do hope that if you are in the area you will come and stay with us again.

Thank you you very much for choosing our hotel.

Been to Residence Inn Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!