“Mistake with bill and no reply from customer service!!” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“Mistake with bill and no reply from customer service!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2013

I went to this Hilton at the end of October (having been to others all over the world). I booked the stay online and gave my payment details. I arrived at the hotel and checked in. The reception staff confirmed my booking of a corner room and asked for a card for any room charges etc... My travelling companion presented their card for this purpose. We checked out at the end of our stay and the reception staff confirmed all had been paid for. We left satisfied.
Subsequently my travelling companion has also been charged on their card for the full amount! This is deeply disappointing. I have emailed the Hilton asking for an explanation - have received the standard notification of receipt but no further correspondence - not even an email saying this will be investigated etc..
This has completely ruined our holiday which was pleasant but this surprise and an inability to get any reply has caused a great deal of stress! Terrible!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are so sorry for all of the inconveniences you've been experiencing. If you would please contact us directly,we will be more than happy to make this right. I have sent you a private message with contact information on who to reach out too, and we can work on getting this fixed as soon as possible. Again, we apologize for all of the issues and we look forward to speaking with you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

You must stay..I give them an A+. Would recommend anyone of all ages to stay. Great location and service. The staff was so professional and friendly. The cost was great and the rooms were nice. Maybe a little more lighting and softer pillows. Other than that, they still get an A+ from me.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. Giving us an A+ is truly exceptional and I really appreciate your unbiased feedback. I am glad to hear that you enjoy our staff. They enjoy working with our guests every day. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future. Thank you!
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed at this place for just a night and right from the moment you step into the hotel lobby, you feel that this place spells luxury. The bathroom and the bedroom was clean and the beds were super comfy. I heeded to a lot of traveler's advice about choosing a room on one of the upper floors. The hotel Wifi was pretty fast and lady at the front desk was kind enough to waive off the charges for using the internet on multiple devices. The place is close to a huge mall so, if you are the shopping kind, lots of options for you, Overall, a great and memorable stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us for your first stay with Hilton, and I am glad to hear that we lived up to your expectations. I hope that we can welcome you back to the hotel in the near future, and that you had a chance to enjoy some shopping during your time with us!
A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! Everything was clean and in great condition. The bed is very nice and comfortable. Will stay again. Stayed here because of price for a trip to visit DC. Very close to metro and shopping and restaurants. Great place for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you will come back to stay with us again. On your next visit, might I suggest trying our restaurant harth? The famous flatbreads are incredible! Thanks again for providing us some great feedback.
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner is a modern hotel with a very high quality lobby and rooms. We were surprised at how high the quality is based on the relatively low room rates. The hotel is located close to the Tysons Corner shopping malls but the hotel is not walking distance to anything and for us it was difficult to find. The hotel has all of the modern amentities and is a good and convenient choice if you need a hotel in the Tysons area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Even though we may not be in walking distance with the Tysons Corner shopping mall, we are just a two minute shuttle ride away! We offer a complimentary local shuttle within a three mile radius. Thank you for your review!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel is first class. Rooms are clean and modern. Spotless bathrooms. excellent value. The option of quiet room is not worth the extra. restaurant is good do not expect fine cuisine. We had to return a meal as the lamb chop we got was only fat and cold. But on overall we will return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review. I am proud to be a part of the Hilton McLean as hearing guest comments and feedback such as yours is such a joy. Our staff is experienced in delivering a first class experience to our guests and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

First off, you won’t get much better service at a hotel anywhere in the Washington DC area. The contemporary rooms are comfortable, especially the incredible beds and linens, and the flat screen HD TVs with full controls are terrific if you’re staying in. I might easily have given the hotel a five rating except for a couple of issues. Let me start by saying that the service was for the most part excellent. But there were some glitches that shouldn’t have happened. For instance, the web site says, “Upgrade to an Executive Room for complimentary continental breakfast and evening appetizers.” I did, only to find out the Executive Lounge is closed. If you ask, they will give you breakfast coupons and evening snack coupons, but the desk clerk was confused on check-in and I didn’t get the coupons until the day before I left. To their credit, a manager fairly adjusted my rate for the first night, but I’d have preferred the amenities from day 1. Disclosure: I’m a Hilton Honors Gold level member. But you wouldn’t have known it during this stay – I requested extra bath towels but had to ask for them each day, and I was not not offered the complimentary room upgrade or any explanation as to why not (e.g., full). When I asked, I was told I had been upgraded but the room assigned was what I paid for. Still, I don’t mean for these things to overshadow what was otherwise a great hotel. I’ll definitely consider staying here the next time I’m in the area.

Room Tip: Don't book the executive rooms until the lounge re-opens. Rooms near the atrium are very noisy...