“Great Experience!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
A TripAdvisor Member
“Great Experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

This hotel was wonderful! Everything was clean and in great condition. The bed is very nice and comfortable. Will stay again. Stayed here because of price for a trip to visit DC. Very close to metro and shopping and restaurants. Great place for the price.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. I am thrilled to hear you will come back to stay with us again. On your next visit, might I suggest trying our restaurant harth? The famous flatbreads are incredible! Thanks again for providing us some great feedback.

468 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2013

The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner is a modern hotel with a very high quality lobby and rooms. We were surprised at how high the quality is based on the relatively low room rates. The hotel is located close to the Tysons Corner shopping malls but the hotel is not walking distance to anything and for us it was difficult to find. The hotel has all of the modern amentities and is a good and convenient choice if you need a hotel in the Tysons area.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Even though we may not be in walking distance with the Tysons Corner shopping mall, we are just a two minute shuttle ride away! We offer a complimentary local shuttle within a three mile radius. Thank you for your review!
Boca Raton, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

The hotel is first class. Rooms are clean and modern. Spotless bathrooms. excellent value. The option of quiet room is not worth the extra. restaurant is good do not expect fine cuisine. We had to return a meal as the lamb chop we got was only fat and cold. But on overall we will return.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for the review. I am proud to be a part of the Hilton McLean as hearing guest comments and feedback such as yours is such a joy. Our staff is experienced in delivering a first class experience to our guests and I am so thrilled that you enjoyed your stay. Thank you.
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

First off, you won’t get much better service at a hotel anywhere in the Washington DC area. The contemporary rooms are comfortable, especially the incredible beds and linens, and the flat screen HD TVs with full controls are terrific if you’re staying in. I might easily have given the hotel a five rating except for a couple of issues. Let me start by saying that the service was for the most part excellent. But there were some glitches that shouldn’t have happened. For instance, the web site says, “Upgrade to an Executive Room for complimentary continental breakfast and evening appetizers.” I did, only to find out the Executive Lounge is closed. If you ask, they will give you breakfast coupons and evening snack coupons, but the desk clerk was confused on check-in and I didn’t get the coupons until the day before I left. To their credit, a manager fairly adjusted my rate for the first night, but I’d have preferred the amenities from day 1. Disclosure: I’m a Hilton Honors Gold level member. But you wouldn’t have known it during this stay – I requested extra bath towels but had to ask for them each day, and I was not not offered the complimentary room upgrade or any explanation as to why not (e.g., full). When I asked, I was told I had been upgraded but the room assigned was what I paid for. Still, I don’t mean for these things to overshadow what was otherwise a great hotel. I’ll definitely consider staying here the next time I’m in the area.

Room Tip: Don't book the executive rooms until the lounge re-opens. Rooms near the atrium are very noisy...
Columbus, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

Had the opportunity to stay at the Hilton McLean during a recent business trip. The place is spectacular.....decor, rooms, public areas and staff. Every time I passed through the lobby I ran into the GM, Brian Kelleher, who made it his personal mission to make sure every guest was enjoying their stay. Very impressive. I also had a great meal in their restaurant where I had the opportunity to meet the manager, Adam Green. These guys go out of their way to make everyone's stay special!

Room Tip: Dont miss the restaurant.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi WinsorHouse! Thank you so much for the review and the kind words! I really enjoy my interactions with guests in the hotel and it was a pleasure meeting you! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your meal in the restaurant, Adam and our Chef make sure that every guests experience is up to the standards that we strive to provide every guest in the hotel. I hope to see you in the lobby again in the near future.
Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

Pretty standard Hilton property. Modern decor and clean. Liked the Peter Thomas Roth toiletries. Only complaint is the noise. I was in room 362 which faces the lobby/bar area, and it was so noisy at nighttime. Not ideal for a business traveler, which I was. Had I stayed more than one night, I would've asked to be moved to a room that didn't face the lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the lobby/bar courtyard are noisy!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your unbiased feedback. I really appreciate guest comments in regards to how we can improve our service to our guests. I am so sorry about the noise that was brought into your room. I can understand how this would be frustrating. I will look into this personally on how we can make a more concious effort to ensure that the noise levels are kept at a low volume for our guests in their sleeping rooms. Thank you for your feedback.
Greenwich, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2013

The facility is great and the price is really affordable, but if you stayed with any convention/meeting etc unfortunately, you can't sleep since the bar of this hotel is located on the center of the building and there's a well above that bar. All the noises are come to all the rooms thru the door until midnight.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!