“A Nice Retreat After Wolf Trap Concerts” 5 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   7920 Jones Branch Drive, Tysons Corner, VA 22102   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Cheverly, United States
“A Nice Retreat After Wolf Trap Concerts”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

Nice place to stay after getting out late from a concert at Wolf Trap in Vienna Virginia and you don't want to drive all the way around the Beltway to go home. The hotel is only 3 - 4 miles from Wolf Trap

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Belleville, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2013

I thought the hotel was beautiful. The staff was very nice and helpful. My only issue with the hotel was that door mechanisms on the door. you swipe the card and the door opens unless the battery is dead. It took security and the hotel maintenance at least 30 minutes to get me into my room and when I got into my room, it wasn't serviced. Also, the food was very pricey although it was good food. Not worth the value.

Cleveland, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am a working mom so vacation time with my children is a big deal and I do a lot of research before I travel. This vacation we decided it would be Washington DC and I spent two weeks researching what city to stay and which hotel. It seemed like most reviewers suggested that for families it was a good idea to stay in a neighboring city so we chose McLean/Tysons Corner. I searched a multitude of hotels and finally decided on the HILTON. The reviews were excellent and the name HILTON is synonymous with hotels.
Let me explain something-this was a family vacation. That meant shorts, t-shirts, and sandals. I left the business attire at home. This was a few days to relax and just hang out with my three teenagers, my sister and her family.
The hotel is beautiful. The lobby was impressive. The rooms were well appointed and for the most part clean. There were a few minor housekeeping items such as stray hairs on the bed and dust in spots that should have been clean. All in all what seemed like a very nice hotel.
Well, remember what your mother used to tell you-looks can be deceiving.....she was right. The first night my sister and I went to the lounge to have a kick off the vacation cocktail. Her husband and the kids had hit the swimming pool and we wanted to have a short girls moment to relax before the trip into the DC the next day. There were not a lot of people in the lounge but those that were there seemed to be part of a conference that was happening at the hotel. The waitress seemed not to acknowledge us but greeted the guests in business attire and took their orders. She eventually made her way over to us and took our order-no pleasantries, just the facts so to speak. We had our cocktail and left the lounge. I figured it was just an off night and thought nothing more about it.
The next day after our day in DC my sister and her family turned in early. I decided to head down to the lounge with my children to have some appetizers and the kids were dying to try the NoJitoes (non alcoholic mojito). I figured we could relax and have some snacks and just spend time talking. When we arrived we were the only individuals sitting in the couch area. We sat...and sat....and sat. Noone acknowledged that we were even there. There were at least three people behind the bar and a server on the floor. About 10 minutes after we had been there a group of about 6 businessmen walked in and sat across from us and guess what....the server couldn't get to their table fast enough. We waited another 5 minutes and by that time I had enough. I sent my kids to the room and I stopped at the front desk. I explained to them that it was sad that there seemed to be such a class division at their hotel. She apologized and stated that she would let a manager know-I never heard from anyone. We were at the hotel for another 2 days and I heard nothing. Now, this may seem petty on my part but I worked as a bartender and waitress for 2 years and I treated all of my customers the same. I now work as an AVP at a prestigious lending institution, that night I was just dressed like an average mom out with her kids trying to have some fun on vacation. I guess my money doesn't spend as well as theirs did. I was raised by a single mom who supported us by working as a waitress. These individuals should be ashamed of themselves. The HILTON did not epitomize customer service and they have lost a customer because of it.

Room Tip: If you are looking to get a good nights sleep do not get a room with an atrium view as the folks in...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Hilton McLean. I greatly appreciate your feedback and I take all guest comments very seriously. I have sent you a private message in order to speak more about your stay at Hilton McLean. I apologize for the service challenges that were experienced and I will personally follow up on this myself. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you soon.
., United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2013

Nice Hotel. Resturant $$$. Hotel located in Business Park Complex. No resturants or entertainment in walking distance. Hotel will provide shuttle to Galleria Mall/Entertainment Area within a mile. Hotel room was satisfactory and room/bathroom cleanliness was below average. Hotel bar and lounge area was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the cleanliness of the bathroom area in your guest room not being to the standards that we strive to achieve. I will personally follow up on this to ensure that all guest rooms are in good condition before guests arrival. I am glad that you enjoyed your time in the bar and lounge. I hope that I can welcome you back to the hotel in the future. Thank you.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

This was a perfect hotel for business or pleasure. Hilton McLean has a great staff with excellent customer service! I enjoyed the lovely gym and indoor pool. This is an absolutely a must stay when traveling to McLean. Fun open lounge with comfy sofa's and TV.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the review! I appreciate the great feedback. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back in the near future!
St George, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I have stayed here several times. Each has been a good experience. The staff is excellent.The Lobby, Bar area has a nice atmosphere and gets comfortably busy each evening. It is a little pricey but worth it if you like or need the amenities.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for taking the time to submit a review! I'm so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay, especially the bar area. I personally love the design after the renovation as it gives everyone their own space to relax. Come back and see us soon!
South Orange, NJ, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

I thought this hotel was in very good condition and the rooms were comfortable. Staff was quick to greet me when I arrived and they were efficient in check-in. The bed was very comfortable and the air conditioning system worked very well. While the restaurant was closed, it was later on a Sunday evening, the food served at the bar was very good. The menu was limited but the service was good. Overall a very pleasant stay and I would definitely stay there again next time I need to be in the area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you! I hope to welcome you back soon!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!