“Excellent stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

The staff are friendly and helpful, especially Hik at the front desk.

I was upgraded to a corner king away from the atrium. It looked out over the Beltway but I could barely hear the traffic. The room was clean and had excellent amenities and design. Free wi-fi would be nice though I could sometimes get the signal from the lobby.

Breakfast at harth was excellent with a lot of choice. It isn't cheap, at $16.80 for a continental.

The lobby is a great place to relax or print a document at the business centre. The atmosphere is lively and bright but not overwhelming.

The pool was great. Too bad about the limited hours for those of us who like an early morning swim.

Even though the hotel was full and there some big weddings going on, I had no trouble finding parking. Location is convenient to just about everything in Northern Virginia and soon there'll be the subway to D.C. nearby.

I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Away from the atrium is quieter if you don't mind a longer walk from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for your review! I'm so glad that you had a pleasant stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Peekskill, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

This was a great hotel and a great value. The hotel was easy to get to, clean and modern, free parking, and all around first-class accommodations. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Hotel is a short drive to the Metro station, making it easy to get into Washington, DC. All in all, a wonderful experience.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! I'm pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was helpful to you. A lot of change is coming to Tysons Corner, and the Metro system is one of the biggest changes! You mentioned the hotel being a quick drive away from the metro, coming in 2014 the metro will be even closer, right in our backyard! The Silver Line metro will be introduced at the beginning of next year. This will give our guests easier access to the metro and getting to and from DC! I hope to welcome you back in the near future.
Midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

I visited this property for two nights for a conference. Upon visiting the front desk, I was given a warm welcome that included an explanation of Starwood gold amenities at the property and vouchers for free breakfast. Upon entering my room, I was pleased to find modern furnishings such as a flat screen television and a comfortable sofa by the window (the view wasn't the best, as it featured a parking lot and the highway). The room also included a minibar with various options, coffee/tea service, iron/ironing board, etc. The room was clean and appeared to have been renovated somewhat recently. The bed was comfortable. The shower provided good water pressure. The hotel seemed very capable of handling a conference with ease while addressing guest requests. I would definitely stay here again. Please note that I would recommend having a car at your disposal for a stay here. The hotel is located near some premier shopping -- Neiman Marcus, etc. -- so that may be a fun diversion while you are in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review! I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time in Tysons Corner. I'm glad you touched on a few of the in-room amenities that we have. We recently transfered over to Peter Thomas Roth bath products, which have been a great hit! Although we do not have a "minibar," we do have a mini refridgerator and coffee/tea maker for our guests to use. Our renovation implemented a new guest room model that removed a lot of the clutter and focused on a clean and crisp new look. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Reserved a king size room through the Hilton website. I applied for an upgrade when I made the reservation. It seemed reasonable. The room price was the same, as the other discount services; I figured my chances of being upgraded were better going with Hilton. We were upgraded when we checked into the hotel. Our room was on the top floor. Room 970. It did not have a pretty view, but I'm not sure there is anything special to look at in this location. The black out curtains worked beautifully. The bed was very comfortable. In fact, the room appointments were very fancy and worked. There were several different lighting settings that you could control by the bedside. The clock/radio also served as an iPod dock. I had asked for a walk in shower, it was huge and beautiful. The vanity was large. Plenty of room for two to put out their toiletries. My favorite part, about the bathroom, was there was a separate light for the shower that could be dimmed. It was the PERFECT night light! I can honestly say if every hotel room was this nice and well appointed, traveling would be a lot more pleasant. The only thing strange was house keeping did not come and clean the room. I'm sure someone would have come if I had asked. Or maybe there was a do not disturb button I pushed. The battery on our door look had to be charged. We were locked out for awhile. The matience man was quick and curtious. Perhaps housekeeping could not get Into the room. Another plus with the upgrade were the meal vouchers. We used them for breakfast both days. The price of the voucher does not cover the price of all you can eat buffet, but it brings the price down to something reasonable. All in all it was a great stay and a fine hotel.
The fitness room is nice and looks out onto the indoor pool. It loved that you dine not feel like you were in a basement. Only gripe the TV reception was fuzzy and there were not many channels. If there were headphones available I did not find them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to give us your unbiased feedback. I truly appreciate all guest feedback and I take every comment into consideration when looking at our overall operation here at Hilton McLean. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room. Personally, I also enjoy the new restrooms. They are spacious and I love the design of the vanity and showers. I apologize that housekeeping did not come to clean your guest room, I will follow up with this personally as well as the issue with the lock on the door. Thank you for being patient with the challenges you had during your stay. In addition, thank you for the comments in regards to the televisions. I will also look into this and ensure that reception is clear in all guest rooms. Thank you!
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

All staffs were quite nice and warm. Especially Mr.Von. As everybody knows, kindness is gold, which they practiced there. Above all, Perhaps this hotel can represent the high quality of human resouses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind review. It always puts a smile on my face to hear that our staff are providing you with an experience that every guest deserves. I hope to welcome you back to Hilton McLean in the future!
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We took our daughter to the American Girl Doll Store and stayed overnight at this hotel. They have a shuttle to the Tysons Corner Mall which is very convenient. We had the American Girl Doll package which my daughter loved the bed it came it with. The staff was friendly. The only con was the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. It was a buffet so the food was cold and for the price I expected better. I would suggest to eliminate the buffet and be able to order from the menu to prevent the food from being cold

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Diana C! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Hilton McLean. I appreciate all guest comments and take all feedback into consideration when looking at our operation as a whole. Thank you for staying with us and choosing our American Girl package. It has become rather popular! I am so sorry about your experience in harth, I will follow up with this myself to ensure that no breakfast food is cold. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here and really enjoyed it. It is clearly a 4 star hotel with a nice look and updated rooms. You won't have to pay for parking which is huge. They were kind enough to switch our rooms from the courtyard facing room we originally had which was a bit loud given the bar below. Great gym. Convenient to all of NoVa since it is right off of 495. If you can stand to be a bit outside of the city this is an excellent option that will save you a bunch of money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you to you and your wife for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear our staff took care of your needs and you enjoyed your experience. I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!