“Great room” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Reserved a king size room through the Hilton website. I applied for an upgrade when I made the reservation. It seemed reasonable. The room price was the same, as the other discount services; I figured my chances of being upgraded were better going with Hilton. We were upgraded when we checked into the hotel. Our room was on the top floor. Room 970. It did not have a pretty view, but I'm not sure there is anything special to look at in this location. The black out curtains worked beautifully. The bed was very comfortable. In fact, the room appointments were very fancy and worked. There were several different lighting settings that you could control by the bedside. The clock/radio also served as an iPod dock. I had asked for a walk in shower, it was huge and beautiful. The vanity was large. Plenty of room for two to put out their toiletries. My favorite part, about the bathroom, was there was a separate light for the shower that could be dimmed. It was the PERFECT night light! I can honestly say if every hotel room was this nice and well appointed, traveling would be a lot more pleasant. The only thing strange was house keeping did not come and clean the room. I'm sure someone would have come if I had asked. Or maybe there was a do not disturb button I pushed. The battery on our door look had to be charged. We were locked out for awhile. The matience man was quick and curtious. Perhaps housekeeping could not get Into the room. Another plus with the upgrade were the meal vouchers. We used them for breakfast both days. The price of the voucher does not cover the price of all you can eat buffet, but it brings the price down to something reasonable. All in all it was a great stay and a fine hotel.
The fitness room is nice and looks out onto the indoor pool. It loved that you dine not feel like you were in a basement. Only gripe the TV reception was fuzzy and there were not many channels. If there were headphones available I did not find them.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your unbiased feedback. I truly appreciate all guest feedback and I take every comment into consideration when looking at our overall operation here at Hilton McLean. I am thrilled that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room. Personally, I also enjoy the new restrooms. They are spacious and I love the design of the vanity and showers. I apologize that housekeeping did not come to clean your guest room, I will follow up with this personally as well as the issue with the lock on the door. Thank you for being patient with the challenges you had during your stay. In addition, thank you for the comments in regards to the televisions. I will also look into this and ensure that reception is clear in all guest rooms. Thank you!

447 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

All staffs were quite nice and warm. Especially Mr.Von. As everybody knows, kindness is gold, which they practiced there. Above all, Perhaps this hotel can represent the high quality of human resouses.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you very much for your kind review. It always puts a smile on my face to hear that our staff are providing you with an experience that every guest deserves. I hope to welcome you back to Hilton McLean in the future!
Sewell, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

We took our daughter to the American Girl Doll Store and stayed overnight at this hotel. They have a shuttle to the Tysons Corner Mall which is very convenient. We had the American Girl Doll package which my daughter loved the bed it came it with. The staff was friendly. The only con was the restaurant in the hotel for breakfast. It was a buffet so the food was cold and for the price I expected better. I would suggest to eliminate the buffet and be able to order from the menu to prevent the food from being cold

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Hi Diana C! Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience at Hilton McLean. I appreciate all guest comments and take all feedback into consideration when looking at our operation as a whole. Thank you for staying with us and choosing our American Girl package. It has become rather popular! I am so sorry about your experience in harth, I will follow up with this myself to ensure that no breakfast food is cold. Thank you again and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Atlanta, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I spent two nights here and really enjoyed it. It is clearly a 4 star hotel with a nice look and updated rooms. You won't have to pay for parking which is huge. They were kind enough to switch our rooms from the courtyard facing room we originally had which was a bit loud given the bar below. Great gym. Convenient to all of NoVa since it is right off of 495. If you can stand to be a bit outside of the city this is an excellent option that will save you a bunch of money

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you to you and your wife for choosing to stay with us. I'm glad to hear our staff took care of your needs and you enjoyed your experience. I hope that you choose to stay with us again in the future.
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

I was delightfully surprised at how nice this property is, considering that it is a Hilton within a suburban business center. It may be that it is down the street from the US headquarters of Hilton Worldwide. The lobby is grand with a large atrium. The rooms are well-appointed with a very modern bathroom. The conference room layout is a bit strange and the rooms were freezing. Other than that, I was delightfully surprised and impressed by the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review. I am so glad that we impressed you on your stay with us. Being next to Hilton Worldwide corporate offices we are lucky enough to have many great opportunities, one being the renovation we completed just last year. Thank you for the compliments on the newly renovated guest rooms and atrium. I apologize that your room temperature was too low. This is an issue we are working to solve, I appreciate your feedback. Thank you!
Charleston, West Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2013

Had a great stay for a seminar I attended in late April. The hotel is basically two doors down from Hilton headquarters. Was immediately greeted by the bell man who helped me with my bags, and patiently waited while I checked in. He then took me to my room. Enjoyed this classy touch.

Rooms are clean and modern. Bathrooms were as well, with a nice glassed in shower. The conference rooms were large, although like all conference rooms did get a little chilly. You will need a car at this hotel, I didn't see anything in easy walking distance, and the hotel is located in a business district which wasn't walking friendly. Parking is free.

I enjoyed my stay immensely, and highly recommend the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review!
Richmond, Virginia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I'm staying in the hotel right now. We have about 58F outside, and 68F in the room... guess what - I won't be able to adjust the temperature up tonight b/c the heating in the room does not work. I've called the front desk and they sent a technician that gave me a bunch of excuses, and left me for the night. I guess that you would expect more from ANY hotel.
Interestingly, it's not the first time it has happened to me here... it's time to find a new place!
You've been warned!

Room Tip: Good room... go to a different hotel!