“Close to shopping, offices and the Beltway” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Washington DC
“Close to shopping, offices and the Beltway”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

I recently had the opportunity to stay at the Tysons Corner Hilton for a weekend program that I was attending. Immediately I noticed they had a large parking area behind the hotel where I could park my own car and not have a valet. The best part - parking was free! When you walk in the hotel you notice how open the lobby is, all the way to the roof! Lots of small group seating which made it feel more intimate to me. There was a long bar there as well as two taller tables for about8-10 per table served by the bar. Very good bar food in their menu. The downside to a bar in the open lobby is that they have to stop serving at 11:00 which is a real downer on weekends when there are lots of groups having conversations in the lobby. Apparently this is a Virginia law that if the bar is in an open area, then they have to stop serving at 11:00. Off to the side is a restaurant that I only went to for breakfast. For breakfast it is buffet only and it is $25 so you might want to upgrade your room to include breakfast. If you have a car, you can go elsewhere (Corner Bakery, Dunkin Donuts, etc) but the buffet is really nice.

My first room was on the second floor and it overlooked the roof below - I could just about walk out the window onto the roof and the exhaust pipe - not a pretty view. I went back down and asked the person who checked me in - Tim (from the Netherlands) to move my room. That was not a problem. He did say that we were in a high density commercial area and that there wouldn't be views. I understood that, I just didn't want a full window view of a room and exhaust pipe. Since I was not in an executive room, wifi was $13 per day. I chose instead to go to the lobby and use it for free there. Make sure you ask for the "coupon code" from the front desk. There are some outlets by the couches in the the lobby.

The room was very nicely appointed with 2 double beds and a couch. For me it was a little difficult to get in the room as it is a touch of the key (not inserted) and it seemed at times for me, a little finicky to get it just right so I would get the green light to enter the room.

I would recommend staying here for either business or for a function. There would be nothing else to bring me to this area. The rooms were nice, clean and everything worked. Parking was free and lots of room for cars. I will say one last thing about Tim - he was great to work with. Several times I had to go down and ask a question or get direction and he was always pleasant, personable and very helpful.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a higher room and get an Executive room that includes breakfast. Wifi is free in the...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Lebanon, NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

What an amazing display of exactly what customer service should look like. My only complaint was the extra "delivery charge" for room service- ew. I'd say just jack up the prices, instead of tacking on an extra charge, but believe me- they've got jacked up breakfast prices on lock! That aside, it was amazing. The lady who brought my breakfast was SO cute and sweet; she was in my room for a few minutes, setting me up, opening the shades, turning on the lights- I felt very taken care of. Then Von (or Von something?- my bad) at the front desk was a PEACH- that right there is someone who was born for customer service. I told my boyfriend after-- it's like he anticipated what I needed before I knew I needed it. I called about an ironing board (there wasn't one in my closet), and he happily said he'd send one up right away, then he called afterwards to make sure I'd received it. He had me all set up with a shuttle to go to an appointment right away, he was very attentive, and he even remembered that I had an interview and wished me luck... I am all around impressed. If I'm ever in MacLean again, I'll be staying at this hotel, and I'll be recommending it to everyone I know who travels through there. PS- The breakfast was AMAZING, and the little man who drove the shuttle bus was a total nugget, I loved him.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dover, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed here recently because we attended a family event that was booked in this hotel. The room was exceptional - there was one small problem with the bathroom cleanliness, but it was quickly taken care of as soon as we called. The event in the ballroom was also top notch. The food was very good and the staff was efficient.

My only complaint would be that the only choice on weekends is a buffet breakfast. It was nothing special and we didn't want to eat that much so it was a waste of money. Definitely not up to the standards of the rest of the hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review of Hilton McLean and your experience. I appreciate every guest comment because it helps me know what our guests are feeling during their experience and how we can improve for next time. Thank you for the comment about the buffet breakfast, this is something that I will look into, as we want our guests to be satisfied with the meal options that we offer. I am so glad to hear that the event you were a part of went well, and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Not worth the money. The price is too expensive for the rooms and breakfast was not included. Rooms and bathroom are very small and the lobby is very noisy and crowded all the time. we checked out the next day and went to Staybridge suites in McLean which was excellent.

Stayed April 2013
Thank you for your review of your recent stay, I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your feedback. At Hilton McLean we strive for personalized experiences for each of our guests, actively looking for ways keep costs low and offer enhanced services for comfort and convenience. I appreciate your review as it provides feedback that I need to re-evaluate guest needs and make the necessary adjustments to our offerings. Thanks again for your comments and I hope that we have another opportunity to offer our services.
Clayton, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Stayed overnight for a business trip. Hotel is upscale; the room had a very nice desk to work at, plenty of very accessible outlets to plug in computer, phone and other electronic gadgets, flat screen TV, in-room coffee maker with actual half and half, etc. Mattress was firm, but very comfortable.

• Stayed May 2013
Thank you for your review! I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future.
Atlanta, Georgia, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2013

I haven't been to the DMV area in forever, and I wanted to just vist family and friends. This hotel was the greatest place I've ever stayed. The lobby area was beautiful, I could help but take pictures and act like a real tourist. My family and I stayed in one of there newly renovated rooms, which was absolute breath taking. They were able to supply us with connecting rooms and refreshed our rooms daily. My best friend was celebrating her 25th birthday and she was amazed at our hotel room. It was close to all the great shopping centers and the atmosphere of the hotel was upbeat and pleasant. The front desk ageants were speedy, and great. The bellmen were all wonderful and pleasant. If I ever come back to the DMV, I would always stay at this property. Believe me when I say it was a great experience.

Room Tip: Always make you reservation in advance. Ask if there are any children groups staying at the hotel, a...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you so much for this excellent review. I'm so glad that you chose to stay with us during your trip back to the DMV area and to celebrate your friends 25th birthday! This area has gone through many changes just in the last several months, and will continue to change over the next several years. I'm happy to hear you took advantage of the great shopping just around the corner as well. Thank you for staying with us and on your next visit, I hope to thank you in person for your loyalty to Hilton McLean!
charlotte, nc, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

What a great place! The front desk staff are friendly, helpful and professional. Fitness room is great. Bar staff is friendly, quick and engaging. House keeping respond to all requests and are very discrete and quiet. The rooms are well appointed and comfortable.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!