This was my first stay at this hotel. My wife and I are frequent travelers to the DC area. This trip was for our semi annual ballroom dance competition. We stayed here for three nights and ate exclusively in the hotel.
The hotel has been recently remodeled and updated. It is very pleasing to the eye. The lobby is very nice and has many options for causal seating, along with many flat screen TVs. The bar area can get fairly crowded and was understaffed for the number of people in the bar on any given night, which caused some fairly long waits for service.
We had what Hilton calls an Executive King Room. Again, it is clear it has been recently remodeled and has a very modern flavor for decorations and amenities in the room. I am not sure about all rooms, but the room we had did not have a bathtub, only an oversize shower. the lighting in the bathroom was very good. The TV in the room was not functioning properly and I overheard other guests complaining about the same issue in their rooms. The sound was cutting out sporadically. My wife liked the comfort of the bed, I thought it was a bit uncomfortable, but that is a personal preference. The HVAC worked as designed and kept the room at the desired temp. Overall I thought the room was undersized for an Executive King room as compared to other hotels with the same type of room designation.
The food overall was horrible. It was always cold and not prepared well. Even in the bar area the food was bad. In addition, it is very expensive. My wife and I ordered room service breakfast one morning and the bill was $91.00 before tip. I would advise anyone to go out for food at all times.
The staff was friendly, but maid service did not show up to our room until 4:00 pm. Again, I think the hotel is generally understaffed in all areas of service.
There are better places to stay in the area that give you a better value for your money. I would recommend to the people responsible for arranging the dance competition to not use this hotel again. Last but not least, and only specific to the dancers who competed, the dance floor was improperly installed and did not meet the standards of the competitors.
The hotel shows well, but does not deliver on its services.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Tysons Corner
- Hilton Mclean
- Mclean Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want it all, come to the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner has recently completed a top-to-bottom transformation featuring the latest and most contemporary design in our guest rooms, härth Restaurant and Lounge. Our McLean, Virginia Hotel is adjacent to Hilton Worldwide’s headquarters, so we are always in the forefront of hospitality. This provides us with opportunities to test and unveil the newest concepts and technologies, all in McLean Virginia’s Technology Corridor.Of course, location is everything. The Hilton Mclean sits just minutes from downtown Washington, DC , and conveniently located between Ronald Reagan National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport . We are minutes from the Metro, and one mile from world class shopping at Tysons Corner Mall, The American Girl store and the Galleria. Our guests enjoy easy access to major corporate headquarters, the lush landscapes of Virginia to the history and intrigue of downtown DC, Our guests are in the middle of it all at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere, Agoda, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your Hilton McLean Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.