“Business Traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Melville, New York
“Business Traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Hotel is very clean and has a welcoming lobby. Rooms are nicely decorated and contain all the amenities, i.e. Coffee, water, hairdryer...Close to restaurants and shops. Outdoor patio is very nice...great for a drink before dinner. Definitely would stay there again and again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, April 11, 2013
Thank you so much for the great review! I hope to see you back at the hotel in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Herndon, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

My wife and I vacated to the hotel for one night last weekend while our floors were being refinished and had a very pleasant stay. The room was a corner room, quite large and well appointed, very quiet at night, nice modern bathroom. This hotel has been a Hiton for a long time, within the past few years Hilton corporate headquarters moved right next door to the hotel, so they upgraded the facility and really play an A game. The staff is very courteous and helpful. Terrific lobby area.

Two negatives, first, on a Sunday morning they do not put coffee out in the lobby before the restaurant opens at 7; there is a coffee maker in the room but I rise early and try not to wake my wife who does not, so I was stuck coffeeless. Second, the Sunday morning breakfast in the restaurant was awful. Buffet only and a poor one at that, no omelette station or eggs to order and no ala carte breakfast menu available. The waiter told us that they have no one in the kitchen at Sunday breakfast, all the food is brought in from the outside. This is simply unacceptable for a hotel of this quality.

These are small items for an otherwise very good hotel.

Room Tip: Larger corner room is a worthwhile investment. This is a weekday business hotel and they seem o disc...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you so much for taking to provide us with your feedback. Thank you for choosing to stay with us while your floors were being refinished! First, I am so happy that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel. I would like to offer my sincere apologies for your experience in the restaurant. I assure you that I will follow up with this personally. Although we do not have an a la carte menu on Sundays for breakfast, we do have a hot buffet with eggs, bacon, sausage, pancakes, etc. All of your feedback is taken into consideration to help us improve on our service. I greatly appreciate it!
Virginia Beach, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2013

The McLean Hilton has recently completely refurbished all its rooms and restaurant. The rooms are well appointed and have a sense of fashion uniquely placed. I especially liked the installed power brick that can power two usb divices simultaneously. The bathroom sports a unique mirror with built-in lighting. Smart lighting controls gives full room control from bedside switches.

A dissapointment for Hilton Honors members is the elimination of any special space or services usually allocated to members. Also a dissapointment is the lack of soundproofing around room doors. The facility has a great central first floor lounge area that can be seen from all floors, but this open architecture allows evening bar and social area noise to intrude into rooms.

Also a welcomed improvement was the elimination of steps from the rear entrance where a majority of the self-parking resides.

I found the wireless internet connectivity in my 9th floor room sporadic and problematic for any of my three wireless appliances. Business travelers should seek rooms closer to the first floor.

Room Tip: Higher floors seem to lack adequate internet connectivity, but lower floors place you close to the c...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the review! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms during your stay. I apologize for the noise issues you experienced from our lobby bar. It is very important to myself and our staff that all of our guests have an excellent and relaxing stay with us and it seems that we have fallen short. I assure you, I will follow up with the noise and make sure that it remains under control in the evening hours. Also, I apologize for your internet connectivity issues. Again, I will follow up with this personally. Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback, it greatly helps us improve for your next visit.

Thank you again!
San Francisco
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I loved this hotel. The beds are comfy and the staff is warm and welcoming. They have a free shuttle service and will drive you all around the surrounding area which includes the mall and all of the offices nearby. I ordered room service one night and my salad was really good - far above typical room service food. They also have a lap pool in the basement so bring your swimsuit and get some exercise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate the comment in regards to our room service menu. I'm glad that the food was up to the standards that we always strive to give our guests. It is also great to hear you enjoyed our all weather pool! With the warmer weather just around the corner we will be putting our patio furnature out for our guests to enjoy some sunshine!
Logan, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ceck in was painless and smooth after driving over 6 hours there was no waiting or drama. Everyone of the hotel staff made us fell valued. The amenities are many. Special note the Lobby and Bar combination made it both relaxing and entertaining. Making it easy to meet new and interesting people on my visit to the Dc. area. I left feeling more refreshed than before stayed here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for western view of tysons corner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review. Our mission here at Hilton McLean is to ensure our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. I am so glad to hear that we accomplished this during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
whirled
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very classy updates at the Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner. Rooms look very modern and very clean. Bathrooms also clean and fairly spacious. Very relaxing space, very nice staff. Very close to Tyson's mall, if you're so inclined to go. (there are actually two malls, Tyson's I and Tyson's II).

Now for why this is not a place for people who hate or have a fear of snakes (though maybe snakeskin won't bother you).

Wallpaper is done in faux-snake skin. Headboard on the bed also in faux snake/croc skin.I actually liked it very much, but I have a co-worker who has a snake phobia and that room would probably freak her out.

The Harth restaurant was descent. I had the fig, proscuitto and cheese flatbread. It was good but a bit too salty (proscuitto to fig proportion was off, I think).

Overall, great place to stay, especially for business travelers. It's not too far from the Dulles international airport (about a 20 minute ride).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your unbiased feedback! I greatly appreciate the comment in regards to our guest rooms. I enjoyed your comment about the wallpaper. I am a big fan of the snakeskin myself, but I never thought of it that way! I apologize that your flatbread was a bit too salty. Our signature item are our flatbreads and it seems that this time we fell short. I will follow up with this myself. A note to add on your comment about the airport - one great thing that will be new to the area is the Silver Line Metro. The metro will travel to Dulles airport and will be another great way in and out of the city. Thank you again for your review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding, which was actually at the Ritz Carlton. The Hilton offered an amazing wedding rate of $89 per night plus taxes. There was also free parking. The hotel was very modern with beautifully appointed fixtures and furniture. The room was very large and quite comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The on-site restaurant had a limited menu, but there were many moderately priced items on the menu. Unfortunately, on the weekends, the only breakfast offered was a $24 per person buffet.

When I came to the hotel, I expected a run-of-the-mill business hotel. I was surprised and pleased with this Hilton, especially at the low rate offered to the wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your wedding weekend! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the limited menu on the weekends for breakfast, this is feedback that I will take into consideration when looking at how we can improve our overall guest experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!