“Great Business Hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
San Francisco
“Great Business Hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

I loved this hotel. The beds are comfy and the staff is warm and welcoming. They have a free shuttle service and will drive you all around the surrounding area which includes the mall and all of the offices nearby. I ordered room service one night and my salad was really good - far above typical room service food. They also have a lap pool in the basement so bring your swimsuit and get some exercise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for your feedback! I really appreciate the comment in regards to our room service menu. I'm glad that the food was up to the standards that we always strive to give our guests. It is also great to hear you enjoyed our all weather pool! With the warmer weather just around the corner we will be putting our patio furnature out for our guests to enjoy some sunshine!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
Logan, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2013

Ceck in was painless and smooth after driving over 6 hours there was no waiting or drama. Everyone of the hotel staff made us fell valued. The amenities are many. Special note the Lobby and Bar combination made it both relaxing and entertaining. Making it easy to meet new and interesting people on my visit to the Dc. area. I left feeling more refreshed than before stayed here.

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for western view of tysons corner
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for the kind review. Our mission here at Hilton McLean is to ensure our guests feel cared for, valued, and respected. I am so glad to hear that we accomplished this during your stay. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
whirled
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Very classy updates at the Hilton McLean Tyson's Corner. Rooms look very modern and very clean. Bathrooms also clean and fairly spacious. Very relaxing space, very nice staff. Very close to Tyson's mall, if you're so inclined to go. (there are actually two malls, Tyson's I and Tyson's II).

Now for why this is not a place for people who hate or have a fear of snakes (though maybe snakeskin won't bother you).

Wallpaper is done in faux-snake skin. Headboard on the bed also in faux snake/croc skin.I actually liked it very much, but I have a co-worker who has a snake phobia and that room would probably freak her out.

The Harth restaurant was descent. I had the fig, proscuitto and cheese flatbread. It was good but a bit too salty (proscuitto to fig proportion was off, I think).

Overall, great place to stay, especially for business travelers. It's not too far from the Dulles international airport (about a 20 minute ride).

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your unbiased feedback! I greatly appreciate the comment in regards to our guest rooms. I enjoyed your comment about the wallpaper. I am a big fan of the snakeskin myself, but I never thought of it that way! I apologize that your flatbread was a bit too salty. Our signature item are our flatbreads and it seems that this time we fell short. I will follow up with this myself. A note to add on your comment about the airport - one great thing that will be new to the area is the Silver Line Metro. The metro will travel to Dulles airport and will be another great way in and out of the city. Thank you again for your review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding, which was actually at the Ritz Carlton. The Hilton offered an amazing wedding rate of $89 per night plus taxes. There was also free parking. The hotel was very modern with beautifully appointed fixtures and furniture. The room was very large and quite comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The on-site restaurant had a limited menu, but there were many moderately priced items on the menu. Unfortunately, on the weekends, the only breakfast offered was a $24 per person buffet.

When I came to the hotel, I expected a run-of-the-mill business hotel. I was surprised and pleased with this Hilton, especially at the low rate offered to the wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your wedding weekend! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the limited menu on the weekends for breakfast, this is feedback that I will take into consideration when looking at how we can improve our overall guest experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just stayed two nights at this hotel after discovering it with a weekend trip there back in October 2012. We love this hotel!

First of all, from the lobby to the rooms to the gym and pool - this hotel feels swanky. The lobby is modern and bright, with chairs and couches set up in convenient clusters throughout. We've yet to get down there to enjoy some bar drinks and snacks, but plan to one of these visits as the atmosphere looks so relaxing.

Our 9-year old loves riding in the open glass elevators, and to be truthful, my husband and I get a kick out of them as well.

Both times we've stayed at this hotel we've had a corner room, which is terrific and very spacious. The beds are comfortable, and there is a window seat, desk and chair, refrigerator, large television, coffee/tea maker, and average sized bathroom with quality toiletries. Everything is super clean. I get easily grossed out if hotel rooms are even slightly dirty, and there is no worry of that here. The rooms are spotless.

We had room service both times we stayed here. The room service menu is very limited, but the food is terrific. Expensive - yes, but everything we've tried has been delicious. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, which was good as well.

The pool is huge and heated so it's just the right warmth. The area around the pool is inviting, and each chair has a large fluffy towel. There is also a lifeguard on duty who makes sure there are plenty of fresh towels available. The pool itself is just terrific - great for laps and so warm. We spent a lot of time here swimming both morning and evening.

The adjacent fitness room is loaded with equipment and televisions. There are a lot of different machines available, and everything seems to be top notch.

From the hotel, it's easy to get to Arlington, Mount Vernon, and even into D.C. as well. We loved being close to everything, but still tucked away in an office park complex. There also is a mall within a 5 minute drive with many restaurants and shops.

We usually like to try different hotels when we travel, but this one is a real gem and is now our go-to place when we're in the D.C. area. You really do get so much more for your money at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for your kind words! This is a fabulous review. Where do I begin? Thank you so much for your comments about our all weather pool. It is great to see families use the pool as something to do together. I must add to your comment about the elevators, I even enjoy the ride as well! They are perfect for seeing all of the action in the lobby. I'm thrilled that Hilton McLean is your go-to-place now when visiting DC. I hope that we exceed your expectations on each stay. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I thought I made a reservation at the other Hilton near this one but when I showed up they told me it was with this Hilton. This was a great mistake to make because this hilton was so much nicer! Everything was so nice and new and they have good products in the bathroom. Unfortunately there was some sort of teen convention going on so there was a lot of noise but the manager moved my room and everything was perfect. The staff was friendly and the manager was great.

Stayed April 2012
GB, I am very glad that you made that error! I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. I apologize for any noise issues that you experienced during your stay. On this particular stay we did have a teen group in house and again, I apologize for the noise. I'm glad to hear that our staff took care of your request and made sure you were comfortable during your stay. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall this was a wonderful stay. I was in the area on business and I loved that they had a shuttle to take me to-and-from the office. Throw in the fact that they're incredibly close to both of the Tyson's malls and you'd be hard-pressed to beat the convenience.

The staff here is amazing. I think it helps that they're literally next door to the Hilton HQ, but I didn't come across a single person who wasn't polite, helpful and just plain nice. I ate by myself a few times, which normally I absolutely hate, but they made me feel very comfortable, like I had known them for years and was a regular guest.

Speaking of food - it was delicious! Prices are high, but that's to be expected in a hotel. The bartender was very nice and I was impressed with how many folks gathered there in the evenings. Even with the number of guests at the bar, you never waited long and, if you wanted some quiet time in your room, the noise never reaches your room.

I wish I'd done my research ahead of time so I'd packed for the various amenities they offered, such as a pool and gym. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback! I especially appreciate the comments about the staff. It always brings a smile to my face to hear that our staff are friendly, polite, and accomodating. A big thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, it really does help us when looking at areas we are doing well in, but most importantly, how we can improve. Thank you so much!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!