“Hilton McLean, a Great Surprise” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
“Hilton McLean, a Great Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for a wedding, which was actually at the Ritz Carlton. The Hilton offered an amazing wedding rate of $89 per night plus taxes. There was also free parking. The hotel was very modern with beautifully appointed fixtures and furniture. The room was very large and quite comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. The on-site restaurant had a limited menu, but there were many moderately priced items on the menu. Unfortunately, on the weekends, the only breakfast offered was a $24 per person buffet.

When I came to the hotel, I expected a run-of-the-mill business hotel. I was surprised and pleased with this Hilton, especially at the low rate offered to the wedding.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, March 25, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your wedding weekend! I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the limited menu on the weekends for breakfast, this is feedback that I will take into consideration when looking at how we can improve our overall guest experience. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
  • Arabic first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just stayed two nights at this hotel after discovering it with a weekend trip there back in October 2012. We love this hotel!

First of all, from the lobby to the rooms to the gym and pool - this hotel feels swanky. The lobby is modern and bright, with chairs and couches set up in convenient clusters throughout. We've yet to get down there to enjoy some bar drinks and snacks, but plan to one of these visits as the atmosphere looks so relaxing.

Our 9-year old loves riding in the open glass elevators, and to be truthful, my husband and I get a kick out of them as well.

Both times we've stayed at this hotel we've had a corner room, which is terrific and very spacious. The beds are comfortable, and there is a window seat, desk and chair, refrigerator, large television, coffee/tea maker, and average sized bathroom with quality toiletries. Everything is super clean. I get easily grossed out if hotel rooms are even slightly dirty, and there is no worry of that here. The rooms are spotless.

We had room service both times we stayed here. The room service menu is very limited, but the food is terrific. Expensive - yes, but everything we've tried has been delicious. We also ate breakfast in the restaurant downstairs, which was good as well.

The pool is huge and heated so it's just the right warmth. The area around the pool is inviting, and each chair has a large fluffy towel. There is also a lifeguard on duty who makes sure there are plenty of fresh towels available. The pool itself is just terrific - great for laps and so warm. We spent a lot of time here swimming both morning and evening.

The adjacent fitness room is loaded with equipment and televisions. There are a lot of different machines available, and everything seems to be top notch.

From the hotel, it's easy to get to Arlington, Mount Vernon, and even into D.C. as well. We loved being close to everything, but still tucked away in an office park complex. There also is a mall within a 5 minute drive with many restaurants and shops.

We usually like to try different hotels when we travel, but this one is a real gem and is now our go-to place when we're in the D.C. area. You really do get so much more for your money at this hotel!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
WOW! Thank you for your kind words! This is a fabulous review. Where do I begin? Thank you so much for your comments about our all weather pool. It is great to see families use the pool as something to do together. I must add to your comment about the elevators, I even enjoy the ride as well! They are perfect for seeing all of the action in the lobby. I'm thrilled that Hilton McLean is your go-to-place now when visiting DC. I hope that we exceed your expectations on each stay. Thank you!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

I thought I made a reservation at the other Hilton near this one but when I showed up they told me it was with this Hilton. This was a great mistake to make because this hilton was so much nicer! Everything was so nice and new and they have good products in the bathroom. Unfortunately there was some sort of teen convention going on so there was a lot of noise but the manager moved my room and everything was perfect. The staff was friendly and the manager was great.

Stayed April 2012
GB, I am very glad that you made that error! I am thrilled that we exceeded your expectations. I apologize for any noise issues that you experienced during your stay. On this particular stay we did have a teen group in house and again, I apologize for the noise. I'm glad to hear that our staff took care of your request and made sure you were comfortable during your stay. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon!
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Overall this was a wonderful stay. I was in the area on business and I loved that they had a shuttle to take me to-and-from the office. Throw in the fact that they're incredibly close to both of the Tyson's malls and you'd be hard-pressed to beat the convenience.

The staff here is amazing. I think it helps that they're literally next door to the Hilton HQ, but I didn't come across a single person who wasn't polite, helpful and just plain nice. I ate by myself a few times, which normally I absolutely hate, but they made me feel very comfortable, like I had known them for years and was a regular guest.

Speaking of food - it was delicious! Prices are high, but that's to be expected in a hotel. The bartender was very nice and I was impressed with how many folks gathered there in the evenings. Even with the number of guests at the bar, you never waited long and, if you wanted some quiet time in your room, the noise never reaches your room.

I wish I'd done my research ahead of time so I'd packed for the various amenities they offered, such as a pool and gym. I'll definitely keep that in mind for the next trip.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the great feedback! I especially appreciate the comments about the staff. It always brings a smile to my face to hear that our staff are friendly, polite, and accomodating. A big thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience, it really does help us when looking at areas we are doing well in, but most importantly, how we can improve. Thank you so much!
Pennsville, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I loved this property. The unique decor struck me as soon as I walked in. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. They have a new fancy lock system on the guest room doors, that I hadn't used before. Turns out I just needed to waive the key in front of the door lock. They have shuttle service within the local area, which is perfect b/c there is a mall close by. But, if it's busy, you may need to wait for a bit. The bar seemed to have alot of action, and the appetizers at the bar area were a nice size. The meeting space is very nice and the catering food was delicous. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! It's so nice to hear feedback in regards to our banquet services as well as your personal stay. Also, thank you for the comment about the shuttle service. I am always happy to hear unbiased feedback, and I will look into the wait issue. Thank you again!
Newport News
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed at the hotel for a business group meeting and enjoyed the experience. My room was clean and relaxing. I used the internet in the room and found it to be acceptable although pricey. I had a drink in the lobby bar and enjoyed the ambiance and vibe.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback! I hope to welcome you to the hotel again in the future.
Winchester, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Appealing lobby bar and restaurant, breakfast was a wonderful selection of traditional items along with fresh fruit and house made bread. The room was well appointed, clean and despite being close to the elevators, it was very quiet. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again. Check out the special 'Shop 'til you drop' package that includes a BOGO breakfast that makes it a deal!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#9 of 15 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 423 reviews

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!