“elite level of customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Ann Arbor, MI
“elite level of customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013

Other reviewers have described in some detail the convenient location, incredible décor and great food. But what impresses me is the PEOPLE. I had a remarkable stay here, and I can't say enough good things about my experience. This is one of the very few hotels that I look forward to visiting again. Thank you Stefan and your entire staff for redefining great customer service.

Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Annarborsef, this has to be one of my favorite reviews to date! I am absolutely THRILLED to hear that our staff left a lasting impression on you and your experience.Your kind words make me very proud to be a part of the Hilton McLean team, as we all genuinely care about our guests and making your stay the best it can be. Thank you for your kind words of Stefan, he is one of our shining stars here at Hilton McLean. Please let us know if there is anything we can do for you in the future. I hope to see you at Hilton McLean in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Arabic first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2013

This is a great hotel, the location is just right for the Tyson Corner area because it's away from the traffic and congestion. The staff was great and they were very attentive. The décor was outstanding, the bar and restaurant were beautiful and the food was very good This is a great place to get away from it all.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review!! I very much appreciate our guests taking the time to give us feedback on their stay as I would like for every guest to have an outstanding experience. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

My son and I recently stayed at The Hilton Tysons Corner. Upon arrival we had a very quick check in and were on our way. Our dear bellman, Moen brought our bags to our room, and we instantly knew we had met a wonderful person and a new friend. He really touched our hearts.

I will say it was 82 degrees in our room and very uncomfortable. Maintenance came quickly and said it was because of the type of heating/cooling system they had and brought us a fan. Not being able to sleep, I called for maintenance again at 130am and a very dear man (Frank, I believe) came and actually reset the unit, bringing some relief by morning. They were very apologetic and offered us some compensation. They called again the next day to make sure that the room had cooled down, and again were very apologetic.

The hotel is in a great location and such an easy day trip to DC. We never encountered any traffic going to and from DC, maybe we were just lucky. There is a lot of upscale shopping near the hotel, and many restaurants. We ate at the bar our first night and our food was very good.

We are going back in two weeks, and are staying with them again. When traveling, things can and do go wrong. The difference is in how things are handled, and at this hotel, they will take care of anything that needs to be addressed, and in a very timely, kind and professional manor.

If you go, please give our best to Moen, the best bellman there is.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. Your kind words really brought a smile to my face in hearing about your pleasant experience with Moen. He is a wonderful member of our team and I am so happy to hear that he made your stay memorable. I am thrilled to hear that you will be staying with us again! I will be sure to follow up with the heating/cooling issue personally. Thank you very much for staying with us and I hope that your experience this upcoming week is even better than the last!
Carrolltown, PA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

The hotel is very elegant. The rooms are very clean and modern. The bathrooms are very nice. I loved the lighting controls of the room. I also used the fitness center, one of the best I have found at a hotel. Nice set of dumbbells which is rare at most hotels.

My only complaint is that the layout of the hotel allows all the noise from the bar area to leak into the rooms. The bar is in the center of the hotel and the center is open up to all of the rooms. I could not get to sleep with all of the partying going on at the bar.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
James,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We all really appreciate the feedback! I am very excited that you enjoyed the fitness center. Recently the fitness center went under renovation and all new equipment was brought in. I personally love the layout and that there is something for everyone to use! I would also like to apologize for the noise that carried into your room. This is something that I will follow up with personally and ensure that the noise be kept minimal in the later hours of the evening. Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel!
Vienna, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton McLean for one night in January 2013 and was very impressed. I had eaten at the restaurant before, but had never stayed at the hotel and am now disappointed I hadn't stayed sooner. The pros and cons for the hotel are:

Pros:
1. Aesthetically pleasing hotel.
2. Friendly helpful front desk staff.
3. Clean, spacious, well appointed room.
4. Comfortable bed.
5. Excellent shuttle service to Tyson’s Corner mall.
6. Harth restaurant with excellent farm-to-table cuisine.
7. Extremely helpful and friendly bell staff.

Cons:
1. There was honestly no negative to my stay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in the McLean area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Thank you very much for the kind review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was friendly and inviting. As I have said before, I am always so delighted to hear feedback on our staff and your overall experience. I hope that you stay with us again in the future!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for location with very nice and clean rooms. The restaurant is the great spot for breakfast and also dinner. Breakfast has a lot of item for poultry eaters suck as turkey items. Also dinner server are great and remember your items from previous days. However Joseph at the front desk was the rudest agent I've every encountered. Maybe you other agent should teach him how to treat guest.

• Stayed December 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your meals in harth, I personally love the breakfast items too. The items are versatile and there is something to satisfy everyones taste buds! Secondly, I sincerely apologize for your front desk experience. I will personally follow up with this myself, and I assure you I take each guests comments very seriously. I hope that I can welcome you back to the property to make your next experience even better than the last!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

In the sterile highrise wasteland that is Tysons Corner, the Hilton does not stand out physically. Close to the beltway off-ramp, with a view of absolutely nothing - but the view is not what draws the average visitor to McLean, Virginia. No! You are there for business, and you need a hotel that provides the key elements of a good business stay: Quiet, clean room with comfortable bedding and a good shower; a good 24 hour gym, reasonable bar and room service (I hate eating alone in a restaurant, and I don't like to risk getting my suit stained). The Hilton delivers - I had a corner King, with ample work and sitting space and a nice bathroom with good amenities and decent water pressure. Internet is not free unless you are silver or gold or whatnot, but it is a bit cheaper than other like properties. I got in late and was still able to fit in a short workout in the well-appointed 24 hour fitness center and order up a light meal from room service.

The hotel is reasonably price for the area and for what you get, but still a noticeable chunk more than the Embassy Suites, if you don't care about some of the lesser amenities.

The front desk staff are friendly; it would be nice if the hotel ran an airport shuttle service, but you can't have everything.

Summary: Good value for money, all the amenities and extras you need for stress-free work in preparation for meetings and onward travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Our guests feedback is very important to me and I take every single review into consideration, and personally follow up. First, I am so happy that you enjoyed your Corner King room. Not only for the area, but in general, a work space is so important in a hotel room - I'm pleased to hear that you felt this space was adequate for your needs. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our 24 hour fitness center! With the brand new equipment I think our gym is better than ever. In the future, our guests will have several more options for transportation to the airport. The Silver Line for the metro will be introduced in 2014, which will give our guests another way to travel to and from the airport. I hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#9 of 15 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 420 reviews

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!