“Outstanding Hotel - Highly recommend” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Vienna, Virginia
“Outstanding Hotel - Highly recommend”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

I stayed at the Hilton McLean for one night in January 2013 and was very impressed. I had eaten at the restaurant before, but had never stayed at the hotel and am now disappointed I hadn't stayed sooner. The pros and cons for the hotel are:

Pros:
1. Aesthetically pleasing hotel.
2. Friendly helpful front desk staff.
3. Clean, spacious, well appointed room.
4. Comfortable bed.
5. Excellent shuttle service to Tyson’s Corner mall.
6. Harth restaurant with excellent farm-to-table cuisine.
7. Extremely helpful and friendly bell staff.

Cons:
1. There was honestly no negative to my stay.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who needs to be in the McLean area for business or pleasure.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Thank you very much for the kind review! I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay and our staff was friendly and inviting. As I have said before, I am always so delighted to hear feedback on our staff and your overall experience. I hope that you stay with us again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Great hotel for location with very nice and clean rooms. The restaurant is the great spot for breakfast and also dinner. Breakfast has a lot of item for poultry eaters suck as turkey items. Also dinner server are great and remember your items from previous days. However Joseph at the front desk was the rudest agent I've every encountered. Maybe you other agent should teach him how to treat guest.

• Stayed December 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review! I am so happy that you enjoyed your meals in harth, I personally love the breakfast items too. The items are versatile and there is something to satisfy everyones taste buds! Secondly, I sincerely apologize for your front desk experience. I will personally follow up with this myself, and I assure you I take each guests comments very seriously. I hope that I can welcome you back to the property to make your next experience even better than the last!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

In the sterile highrise wasteland that is Tysons Corner, the Hilton does not stand out physically. Close to the beltway off-ramp, with a view of absolutely nothing - but the view is not what draws the average visitor to McLean, Virginia. No! You are there for business, and you need a hotel that provides the key elements of a good business stay: Quiet, clean room with comfortable bedding and a good shower; a good 24 hour gym, reasonable bar and room service (I hate eating alone in a restaurant, and I don't like to risk getting my suit stained). The Hilton delivers - I had a corner King, with ample work and sitting space and a nice bathroom with good amenities and decent water pressure. Internet is not free unless you are silver or gold or whatnot, but it is a bit cheaper than other like properties. I got in late and was still able to fit in a short workout in the well-appointed 24 hour fitness center and order up a light meal from room service.

The hotel is reasonably price for the area and for what you get, but still a noticeable chunk more than the Embassy Suites, if you don't care about some of the lesser amenities.

The front desk staff are friendly; it would be nice if the hotel ran an airport shuttle service, but you can't have everything.

Summary: Good value for money, all the amenities and extras you need for stress-free work in preparation for meetings and onward travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you very much for your review. Our guests feedback is very important to me and I take every single review into consideration, and personally follow up. First, I am so happy that you enjoyed your Corner King room. Not only for the area, but in general, a work space is so important in a hotel room - I'm pleased to hear that you felt this space was adequate for your needs. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our 24 hour fitness center! With the brand new equipment I think our gym is better than ever. In the future, our guests will have several more options for transportation to the airport. The Silver Line for the metro will be introduced in 2014, which will give our guests another way to travel to and from the airport. I hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Hilton just after Chtistmas for a few days, and we felt absolutely pampered. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, particularly the manager, who gave my daughter a free American Girl accessory because she always had her doll with her. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, and very inviting. It also had the nicest fitness center I have ever seen in a hotel. It included a variety of cardio equipment, some strength training machines, and free weights. It is also right across from a shopping complex that honestly has every store you could want. if you are a mom like me, your daughter will love the Ameican Girl store, and your son will have a blast at the Lego store. Best of all, the price at this hotel was extremely reasonable. Do yourself a favor and take your family here for a mini-vacation. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am so pleased that you and your little girl had a memorable experience at the hotel and the American Girl Store. I love seeing the smiling faces of the kids coming back from the store, it is truly a hit! Your comments are very much appreciated, and I hope you stay with us again in the future! I really enjoy our location because, like you said, we are a stones throw away from both Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Corner Galleria. A shoppers paradise! Have a wonderful week, and I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Solid experience all around. Staff is helpful, fun bar scene, good food, friendly front desk/bartenders/room service runners. Small gym but decent sized pool. Great for business travel. Feels like home.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the atrium if you want a quieter stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that our staff was friendly and accomodating during your stay. I am always proud to hear feedback about our staff. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, whether it be for business or pleasure. Thank you!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for several years now and seen many stages of the renovation and the final product was breathtaking! The main lobby is extremely up-scale and large. Check in was fast and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very nice, clean, and well decorated! I love the fact that you don't have to swipe you key to unlock your door, all you have to do is touch your key on the sensor. The bathroom was spacious and nice! The restaurant, Harth, hosts an exceptional breakfast! Although a bit on the pricey side, well worth it! The conference facilities here are top notch! Harris Teeter and Starbucks is a short walk down the street. I look forward to returning in a few weeks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WOW! Thank you so much for the generous review. What an honor. Thank you for the comments about the renovation. Like I have said before, I am always happy to hear our guests feedback on the renovation. Thank you for staying with us throughout the process! I am delighted you will be back to stay with us in a few weeks.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you like a place in a business park then this is your hotel. On the up side it was clean and the furnishings stylish. There are no bars or restaurants within walking distance except the one in the hotel. It is not close to a Metro stop so you are going to drive to get anywhere. On the up side parking is free. It is built around a large atrium so noise from the bar intrudes if you want to sleep before 10:30 PM. Noise from outside is not a problem even though it is fairly close to the Beltway; on and off are relatively easy. Good TV with many channels, coffee in room, and safe. Wireless is free for Hilton Honors and wireless is available anyhow in the lobby. Lobby is large and has many places to relax. There is a good workout room but running outdoors is a traffic dodge. There are many better choices if you want to experience Washington. If you just want a place to land then it is OK

Room Tip: Higher floors are further from the bar noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us some great unbiased feedback. I am so sorry that your experience was not the experience we strive to give our guests. Our guests feedback is increadibly important to myself and our staff, as we try to better ourselves everyday. We do have a complimentary shuttle that travels to both shopping malls and businesses within a three mile radius of the hotel. Additionally we do have shuttle service to the metro station Dun Loring and West Falls Church. We are excited for the Silver line to be introduced to the Tysons Corner area for easier access to metro facilities. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future to improve on your experience. Thank you!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!