“Redesigned Hilton is a business traveler's oasis” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Redesigned Hilton is a business traveler's oasis”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013

In the sterile highrise wasteland that is Tysons Corner, the Hilton does not stand out physically. Close to the beltway off-ramp, with a view of absolutely nothing - but the view is not what draws the average visitor to McLean, Virginia. No! You are there for business, and you need a hotel that provides the key elements of a good business stay: Quiet, clean room with comfortable bedding and a good shower; a good 24 hour gym, reasonable bar and room service (I hate eating alone in a restaurant, and I don't like to risk getting my suit stained). The Hilton delivers - I had a corner King, with ample work and sitting space and a nice bathroom with good amenities and decent water pressure. Internet is not free unless you are silver or gold or whatnot, but it is a bit cheaper than other like properties. I got in late and was still able to fit in a short workout in the well-appointed 24 hour fitness center and order up a light meal from room service.

The hotel is reasonably price for the area and for what you get, but still a noticeable chunk more than the Embassy Suites, if you don't care about some of the lesser amenities.

The front desk staff are friendly; it would be nice if the hotel ran an airport shuttle service, but you can't have everything.

Summary: Good value for money, all the amenities and extras you need for stress-free work in preparation for meetings and onward travel.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you very much for your review. Our guests feedback is very important to me and I take every single review into consideration, and personally follow up. First, I am so happy that you enjoyed your Corner King room. Not only for the area, but in general, a work space is so important in a hotel room - I'm pleased to hear that you felt this space was adequate for your needs. I'm also happy to hear you enjoyed our 24 hour fitness center! With the brand new equipment I think our gym is better than ever. In the future, our guests will have several more options for transportation to the airport. The Silver Line for the metro will be introduced in 2014, which will give our guests another way to travel to and from the airport. I hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 22, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this Hilton just after Chtistmas for a few days, and we felt absolutely pampered. The staff were incredibly helpful and friendly, particularly the manager, who gave my daughter a free American Girl accessory because she always had her doll with her. The hotel itself was beautiful, clean, and very inviting. It also had the nicest fitness center I have ever seen in a hotel. It included a variety of cardio equipment, some strength training machines, and free weights. It is also right across from a shopping complex that honestly has every store you could want. if you are a mom like me, your daughter will love the Ameican Girl store, and your son will have a blast at the Lego store. Best of all, the price at this hotel was extremely reasonable. Do yourself a favor and take your family here for a mini-vacation. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for the great review! I am so pleased that you and your little girl had a memorable experience at the hotel and the American Girl Store. I love seeing the smiling faces of the kids coming back from the store, it is truly a hit! Your comments are very much appreciated, and I hope you stay with us again in the future! I really enjoy our location because, like you said, we are a stones throw away from both Tysons Corner Center and Tysons Corner Galleria. A shoppers paradise! Have a wonderful week, and I hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Solid experience all around. Staff is helpful, fun bar scene, good food, friendly front desk/bartenders/room service runners. Small gym but decent sized pool. Great for business travel. Feels like home.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the atrium if you want a quieter stay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I am glad that our staff was friendly and accomodating during your stay. I am always proud to hear feedback about our staff. I hope that you will stay with us again in the future, whether it be for business or pleasure. Thank you!
Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've been staying at this hotel for several years now and seen many stages of the renovation and the final product was breathtaking! The main lobby is extremely up-scale and large. Check in was fast and the front desk staff were extremely friendly and helpful. My room was very nice, clean, and well decorated! I love the fact that you don't have to swipe you key to unlock your door, all you have to do is touch your key on the sensor. The bathroom was spacious and nice! The restaurant, Harth, hosts an exceptional breakfast! Although a bit on the pricey side, well worth it! The conference facilities here are top notch! Harris Teeter and Starbucks is a short walk down the street. I look forward to returning in a few weeks!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
WOW! Thank you so much for the generous review. What an honor. Thank you for the comments about the renovation. Like I have said before, I am always happy to hear our guests feedback on the renovation. Thank you for staying with us throughout the process! I am delighted you will be back to stay with us in a few weeks.
Williamsburg, Virginia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you like a place in a business park then this is your hotel. On the up side it was clean and the furnishings stylish. There are no bars or restaurants within walking distance except the one in the hotel. It is not close to a Metro stop so you are going to drive to get anywhere. On the up side parking is free. It is built around a large atrium so noise from the bar intrudes if you want to sleep before 10:30 PM. Noise from outside is not a problem even though it is fairly close to the Beltway; on and off are relatively easy. Good TV with many channels, coffee in room, and safe. Wireless is free for Hilton Honors and wireless is available anyhow in the lobby. Lobby is large and has many places to relax. There is a good workout room but running outdoors is a traffic dodge. There are many better choices if you want to experience Washington. If you just want a place to land then it is OK

Room Tip: Higher floors are further from the bar noise.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for giving us some great unbiased feedback. I am so sorry that your experience was not the experience we strive to give our guests. Our guests feedback is increadibly important to myself and our staff, as we try to better ourselves everyday. We do have a complimentary shuttle that travels to both shopping malls and businesses within a three mile radius of the hotel. Additionally we do have shuttle service to the metro station Dun Loring and West Falls Church. We are excited for the Silver line to be introduced to the Tysons Corner area for easier access to metro facilities. We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future to improve on your experience. Thank you!
New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband was the one that found this hotel, as our vacation time was close, and we had no plans other to visit relatives in NC, we figured a stay in Washington DC would be nice, given we normally go twice a year. Our normal stay would be in the city or close by.
I thought we would be far out and although we were, it did not seem so. The area was very nice and the hotel nicer.
The staff very friendly, the shuttle to the local mall, was pretty diligent as to pick us up, once we called front desk to let them know we were ready for pick up. And they would also drive us over with no boring schedule to follow, (ex. every hour on the hour... etc...) this was far more convinient to be a call away and them work around our schedule, I guess since they are only some 4 blocks from the mall, makes it so much easier.
The restaurant was closed :( but we did hand around the lounge and were able to order some sliders and to our surprise they were pretty good, would actually like to have some again.
The hotel is nicely decorated, pretty modern, making the hotel seem even more welcoming.
The room with the bigscreens and the computer, were very convinient, to bad people stay there for hours and we wanted to search for info on museums and such, and had to wait for either little kids to finish their gaming or teens on facebook, looking at pics, should be time limit since they only have 4 and some of us, do not take our computers on holiday.
Lounge chairs in this "media room" with the big screens, they were in white leather and wood, VERY conffy, my husband wants me to buy him one, anyone know where I can purchase them, they are also very modern.
My only issue with the hotel, was that the bed was not spotless, cleaning effort needs to be there, do not want to go into details here, but was able to look it over and sleep there for two nights. So it was not that bad, but there needs to be some supervisor checking the cleaning of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that our staff made your experience a memorable one. I'm also very excited to hear that you enjoyed our state of the art tech lounge! This is one of my favorite spots in the hotel, it is great for relaxing or getting some work done. I would like to sincerely apologize for the bedding not being spotless. I will follow up with this personally to ensure that all rooms are cleaned to the standards that we strive to achieve. Thank you again for this great review and I hope to welcome you back in the future!
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days to prepare for a big exam. The hotel looked beautiful and the room was reasonably clean and spacious. The shower is beautiful. Ok. I got the good stuff out the way, now to the bad. The wired internet connection did not work. I knew they offered wireless for a fee but my first choice is wire connection for that and several reasons. At any rate, the manager gave me free wireless so I was satisfied with that. I ate my first meal at the Harth Resturaunt in the Lobby which is beautiful. I ordered a burger and got half way through it and got pretty sick and threw it up. This never happens to me so I knew something was wrong with the meat. I tried to call and let them know so that noone else would get sick but their answering service came on. Again, the manager took the meal off my bill. I decided to just go to the Cheesecake Factory 5 mins away after my stomach got back to normal. Later that eve, I tried to turn the heat up in the room but it only went to 75 and the windows are drafter so it felt colder. I called down and they bought me up a space heater. It went out after 30 mins so I called again and they bought another one which worked fine. Now I had extra blankets and a good space heater so all was well. Things started to get better. Also, the manager offered free breakfast and I think it says a lot with customer service when there is a problem and they offer to fix it. I can respect that. The workers were overall ok. I've experienced nicer at other hotels overall but I guess I can't expect all of them to be the same. I usually stay at Marriots, Hiltons and Four Seasons in which of course Four Seasons are 5 star so perhaps I've become a little spoiled. Also the Hiltons in the south are really nice. They may have spoiled me as well. Lastly, I checked out and the lady at the desk that checked me out would not allow me to use my Hilton Honor points. She says I have to call them ahead of time in order to use my Honors points, which I have never had to do but since I was in a rush I did not have time to argue with her. Overall the hotel is okay but I would never stay here again due to the fact that there are so many others in the area. The compeition is steep and when I find my favorites I tend to stick with those. Although I only came here for peace and quiet for studying, the Tysons Galleria is a short drive and a Harris Teeter w/ Starbucks is a short drive around the corner so that worked out great because after the hamburger incident, I did not want to try too much of the dinner or lunches at hotel but the breakfast was decent. You can't go wrong with bran muffins, fruits and such.

Room Tip: My room was find besides being cold but again, they gave me a space heater since the temp only goes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Veronica K, thank you very much for your review. We take our guests comments very seriously and it is very important to me that we give our guests a five star experience. In this case, it seems that we fell short and I would like to apologize. I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed our new renovation. We are so excited to share the new Hilton McLean with our guests. As for your experience in harth, I have personally followed up with the executive chef on this matter to ensure that all of our food is as fresh as can be. I apologize for the negative experience that you had, and I hope that you are feeling better. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you in the hotel in the future. Have a great day!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!