“Nice Place & Great rates” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
New York
“Nice Place & Great rates”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My husband was the one that found this hotel, as our vacation time was close, and we had no plans other to visit relatives in NC, we figured a stay in Washington DC would be nice, given we normally go twice a year. Our normal stay would be in the city or close by.
I thought we would be far out and although we were, it did not seem so. The area was very nice and the hotel nicer.
The staff very friendly, the shuttle to the local mall, was pretty diligent as to pick us up, once we called front desk to let them know we were ready for pick up. And they would also drive us over with no boring schedule to follow, (ex. every hour on the hour... etc...) this was far more convinient to be a call away and them work around our schedule, I guess since they are only some 4 blocks from the mall, makes it so much easier.
The restaurant was closed :( but we did hand around the lounge and were able to order some sliders and to our surprise they were pretty good, would actually like to have some again.
The hotel is nicely decorated, pretty modern, making the hotel seem even more welcoming.
The room with the bigscreens and the computer, were very convinient, to bad people stay there for hours and we wanted to search for info on museums and such, and had to wait for either little kids to finish their gaming or teens on facebook, looking at pics, should be time limit since they only have 4 and some of us, do not take our computers on holiday.
Lounge chairs in this "media room" with the big screens, they were in white leather and wood, VERY conffy, my husband wants me to buy him one, anyone know where I can purchase them, they are also very modern.
My only issue with the hotel, was that the bed was not spotless, cleaning effort needs to be there, do not want to go into details here, but was able to look it over and sleep there for two nights. So it was not that bad, but there needs to be some supervisor checking the cleaning of the rooms.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am so happy that our staff made your experience a memorable one. I'm also very excited to hear that you enjoyed our state of the art tech lounge! This is one of my favorite spots in the hotel, it is great for relaxing or getting some work done. I would like to sincerely apologize for the bedding not being spotless. I will follow up with this personally to ensure that all rooms are cleaned to the standards that we strive to achieve. Thank you again for this great review and I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Annapolis, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I stayed here for a couple of days to prepare for a big exam. The hotel looked beautiful and the room was reasonably clean and spacious. The shower is beautiful. Ok. I got the good stuff out the way, now to the bad. The wired internet connection did not work. I knew they offered wireless for a fee but my first choice is wire connection for that and several reasons. At any rate, the manager gave me free wireless so I was satisfied with that. I ate my first meal at the Harth Resturaunt in the Lobby which is beautiful. I ordered a burger and got half way through it and got pretty sick and threw it up. This never happens to me so I knew something was wrong with the meat. I tried to call and let them know so that noone else would get sick but their answering service came on. Again, the manager took the meal off my bill. I decided to just go to the Cheesecake Factory 5 mins away after my stomach got back to normal. Later that eve, I tried to turn the heat up in the room but it only went to 75 and the windows are drafter so it felt colder. I called down and they bought me up a space heater. It went out after 30 mins so I called again and they bought another one which worked fine. Now I had extra blankets and a good space heater so all was well. Things started to get better. Also, the manager offered free breakfast and I think it says a lot with customer service when there is a problem and they offer to fix it. I can respect that. The workers were overall ok. I've experienced nicer at other hotels overall but I guess I can't expect all of them to be the same. I usually stay at Marriots, Hiltons and Four Seasons in which of course Four Seasons are 5 star so perhaps I've become a little spoiled. Also the Hiltons in the south are really nice. They may have spoiled me as well. Lastly, I checked out and the lady at the desk that checked me out would not allow me to use my Hilton Honor points. She says I have to call them ahead of time in order to use my Honors points, which I have never had to do but since I was in a rush I did not have time to argue with her. Overall the hotel is okay but I would never stay here again due to the fact that there are so many others in the area. The compeition is steep and when I find my favorites I tend to stick with those. Although I only came here for peace and quiet for studying, the Tysons Galleria is a short drive and a Harris Teeter w/ Starbucks is a short drive around the corner so that worked out great because after the hamburger incident, I did not want to try too much of the dinner or lunches at hotel but the breakfast was decent. You can't go wrong with bran muffins, fruits and such.

Room Tip: My room was find besides being cold but again, they gave me a space heater since the temp only goes...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Veronica K, thank you very much for your review. We take our guests comments very seriously and it is very important to me that we give our guests a five star experience. In this case, it seems that we fell short and I would like to apologize. I am very excited to hear that you enjoyed our new renovation. We are so excited to share the new Hilton McLean with our guests. As for your experience in harth, I have personally followed up with the executive chef on this matter to ensure that all of our food is as fresh as can be. I apologize for the negative experience that you had, and I hope that you are feeling better. Thank you for your review and I hope to see you in the hotel in the future. Have a great day!
Staunton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I have stayed here a number of times over the past 2 decades and was nervous that I would not like the changes brought about by the recent updates here. What a wonderful surprise to find that the property is indeed more amazing.

I love to check in and then visit the lobby bar and this one is plush, peaceful and ultra-classy. The arrangement of sofas, chairs and tables create a cozy atmosphere with plenty of seating choices. I liked the bar menu selection which offered sliders and light fare for which I considered reasonably priced for a posh hotel in this pricey metro area ($11-$16, I believe) There are separate areas behind the main lobby area where guests can watch HUGE screen TVs and have access to computers--very inviting areas & nooks.

The newly re-decorated rooms are sleek and modern--pristinely fresh appearing.

Every staff person from the front desk personnel to the maintenance & housekeeping staff made a point to smile and say hello.

The hotel restaurant is gorgeous and has a bright, yet pleasantly cozy aura. Breakfast bar with the best I have ever relished at any Hilton property---from the food selection & quality to the awesome presentation. The only minor thing I didn't care for was that the waiters seemed to overly hover a bit. It was clear that they did not want any guest to be left waiting or wanting for anything but I did feel a bit uncomfortable as I felt I was being watched as I took each bite! It wasn't particularly busy at 9:30 on a workday so perhaps the staff wasn't as busy as normal.

This hotel mainly attracts people conducting business in the D.C. area but I recommend this Hilton for anyone who can come visit on a Friday or Saturday night when the rates drop considerably. It is a perfect place to take one's daughter(s) for a shop-to-you drop experience at the two Tysons shopping malls within almost a stone's throw from the hotel--plus they will shuttle you back and forth to the malls. This was a yearly adventure for me and my girls when they were in their adolescent to college-age years!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for this great review! Thank you for choosing to stay with us over the years, we truely value your loyalty and hope that we can continue to give you an outstanding experience! Speaking of shopping, our shop-till-you-drop package offers a Tysons Corner coupon book with increadible savings at Tysons! Perfect for a shopping trip with your daughters! I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel on your next visit.
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

This is a great property for families with young children who want to stay in a quiet area near the malls and shopping areas. The renovated rooms were nicely decorated with clean and modern looks and the staff was very patient and accommodating during my stay.

Room Tip: Ask for corner rooms as they are significantly larger than regular rooms. No difference in room siz...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

Amazing Las Vegas-style hotel. I stayed there from December 27-30. Newly renovated, everything is new, clean, comfortable, and very quite. Big lobby with computers for those who want to access the internet (WiFi is a surcharge). Bathroom is super clean and the room is very big with small couch. The hotel is about 20-30 minutes drive from The Mall in downtown DC.

The would only warn those who tend to get cold; the heat does not go above 75 degrees! Don't ask me why! However, if you call the front desk they'll bring an electric heater that's very good.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Viva las Hilton! Thank you for this great review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated hotel, and I am thrilled to hear such kind words. Our tech lounge is perfect to access the internet for those who did not bring their laptop or tablet, and internet in the lobby and tech lounge area is free of charge. I apologize for the room being a little bit too cold, I am happy though, that our staff brought you a heater to solve the challenge. Thank you for this review and I look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Fairfax, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is up-to-date with all of its lobby decor and rooms. I booked through hotels.com and got a great price. A few minor issues: when I booked, the customer service rep from Hotels.com put in the notes that it was for our wedding night before & night of. This info did not get communicated to the Hilton staff. When I checked in, the front desk tried to put me in a room with 2 double-beds, saying they had no queen or king beds. I explained that it was for our wedding and all of a sudden, they had a king room. Had room service for breakfast twice and it was good. The waiter the 1st morning though was rude. I left him a nice tip and he had the nerve to come back asking for the cents on the bill! He did not speak English well and must have been confused. The hotel staff was very accommodating the day of our wedding. Though we did not have our actual wedding at the hotel, since we had many guests staying there, we were allowed to use the common areas for some family pictures. The pictures turned out beautiful in the different hotel areas. Free parking and plenty of it. Overall, very satisfied with our 2-day stay. Rooms were very comfy and nice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Congratulations on your wedding! And thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you shared your special occasion with us. I'm sorry about the front desk experience, I will be sure to follow up with this and make sure all information is communicated properly. I would also like to apologize for the challenge in harth. I have also followed up with this personally. Thank you again for this great review and I hope you and your husband had an amazing wedding day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for a hotel with a lot of excitement and socializing, this is definitely NOT the place. This hotel is neatly tucked away from the hustle and bustle and is very quiet. Close to shopping and restaurants on Route 7 and a real quick car ride away from either Tysons mall and Dulles Airport.

The hotel does have some shortcomings. First off, no Valet. Second, no bellman service. I came here for a little vacation with my fiancé and had several bags between us. I had to get a luggage cart myself and unload our bags (and then load them again on our departure). Being on vacation, having a bellman as well as valet car service would've been really nice.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review, and choosing to stay with us for your getaway with your fiancee. I apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your stay. I can completely understand the items you highlighted and take all guests comments into consideration. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the future!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!