“Beautiful decor and rooms. Friendly staff.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Fairfax, Virginia
“Beautiful decor and rooms. Friendly staff.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is up-to-date with all of its lobby decor and rooms. I booked through hotels.com and got a great price. A few minor issues: when I booked, the customer service rep from Hotels.com put in the notes that it was for our wedding night before & night of. This info did not get communicated to the Hilton staff. When I checked in, the front desk tried to put me in a room with 2 double-beds, saying they had no queen or king beds. I explained that it was for our wedding and all of a sudden, they had a king room. Had room service for breakfast twice and it was good. The waiter the 1st morning though was rude. I left him a nice tip and he had the nerve to come back asking for the cents on the bill! He did not speak English well and must have been confused. The hotel staff was very accommodating the day of our wedding. Though we did not have our actual wedding at the hotel, since we had many guests staying there, we were allowed to use the common areas for some family pictures. The pictures turned out beautiful in the different hotel areas. Free parking and plenty of it. Overall, very satisfied with our 2-day stay. Rooms were very comfy and nice.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Congratulations on your wedding! And thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy that you shared your special occasion with us. I'm sorry about the front desk experience, I will be sure to follow up with this and make sure all information is communicated properly. I would also like to apologize for the challenge in harth. I have also followed up with this personally. Thank you again for this great review and I hope you and your husband had an amazing wedding day!

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

If you're looking for a hotel with a lot of excitement and socializing, this is definitely NOT the place. This hotel is neatly tucked away from the hustle and bustle and is very quiet. Close to shopping and restaurants on Route 7 and a real quick car ride away from either Tysons mall and Dulles Airport.

The hotel does have some shortcomings. First off, no Valet. Second, no bellman service. I came here for a little vacation with my fiancé and had several bags between us. I had to get a luggage cart myself and unload our bags (and then load them again on our departure). Being on vacation, having a bellman as well as valet car service would've been really nice.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your review, and choosing to stay with us for your getaway with your fiancee. I apologize for the challenges that you experienced during your stay. I can completely understand the items you highlighted and take all guests comments into consideration. Thank you again for staying with us and I hope to welcome you back in the future!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Good trendy and chic hotel located right by 2 excellent malls for shopping . Staff is not friendly at all, actually some where kind of rude and also sent me to other staff members to get my questions answered. Nice menu selection in bar and restaurant however decorations were kind of dusty and appeared not to have been dusted in awhile.

• Stayed December 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! First, I would like to sincerely apologize if any of our staff were rude to you during your stay. I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We take our guests comments very seriously and I will be sure to make note of this. I would like for another opportunity to make an even better impression on your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed one night here this past week while attending a company Christmas party in the same area. The building is older, but the interior, including the rooms, have all been updated. The bar area in the main entrance is quite nice. Modern, classy, and designed for socializing. Reminded me of the Living Room in many of the W hotels. Harth, the in-house restaurant, is a MUST do! Amazing food at reasonable prices. The rooms were great, too. No complaints at all. Looking forward to staying here again next time I'm in McLean.

Room Tip: Get a room off on one of the wings so you don't hear all the noise from the bars that filters up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We look forward to welcoming you back, Sted! Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly reinvented hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Attended a conference here and it is perfect for that! The staff was attentive and very accomodating. The houskeeper for my room even noticed I was cold by my comforter roll I had made to sleep with and she made my bed with extra soft and plush blankets, without me asking!
The only thing I was not a fan of off was the GREEN thermostat, I know I should be more eco friendly but I come from a warm climate and sleeping in a 68 degree room is not my first choice. Othe than that this property is great and if I were visiting in August I would have been content all around!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the center so you don't hear the lobby bar noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with your housekeeper. I am so proud to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs while you were staying with us. I apologize for your guest room being too cold. As you had mentioned, we participate in several green initiatives including the HVAC system in the guest rooms. I will make a note of this and be sure on your next visit the room is not too cold. Thank you for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I come here occasionally for business. Check in is easy and check out even easier. I received my folio in my email box within a few hours of check out.
The room was clean and comfortable.
At the bar, my friend ordered the chocolate cupcake and it looked delicious.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you! I'm happy to hear that the times you have stayed with us have been easy and stress free. The chocolate cupcake is on of my favorites. With the new fall menu in Harth I also really enjoy the build your own 'Smores dessert, definately a must try! Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The stage is set when you enter the stunning modern styled lobby. The focal point is a huge hanging sculpture spanning half the lobby above the beautiful bar. The mixologists are experienced professionals who aim to please. The suite that we enjoyed was perfect for entertaining and was decorated with a modern motif. The bar, the dining table for twelve and the shower for two in one of the bathrooms completed the experience. The Harth Restaurant host all of the meals and is a must for dinner. The wine cellar is well appointed and the salt roasted beets, the braised beef short ribs and the wood fired flatbreads were among our favorites. The desserts are large ortions and should be shared. The hotel is located in the middle of everything with shopping and dining close by. Self parking was free but valet is available. Every staff member that we encountered was eager to please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your generous feedback! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally I am so happy to hear great feedback about the suite. I personally love the dining area as well! You mentioned the braised beef short ribs in harth, one of my favorites as well. If you enjoyed the short ribs may I suggest the beef stew. It is out of this world and full of flavor. As for our desserts, our smores are also a great treat on a cold winter day! Look forward to having you back in the future.

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!