“Hotel Option!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
San Diego, California
“Hotel Option!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2012 via mobile

Good trendy and chic hotel located right by 2 excellent malls for shopping . Staff is not friendly at all, actually some where kind of rude and also sent me to other staff members to get my questions answered. Nice menu selection in bar and restaurant however decorations were kind of dusty and appeared not to have been dusted in awhile.

• Stayed December 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Thank you for your review! First, I would like to sincerely apologize if any of our staff were rude to you during your stay. I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We take our guests comments very seriously and I will be sure to make note of this. I would like for another opportunity to make an even better impression on your next visit. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
Georgetown, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed one night here this past week while attending a company Christmas party in the same area. The building is older, but the interior, including the rooms, have all been updated. The bar area in the main entrance is quite nice. Modern, classy, and designed for socializing. Reminded me of the Living Room in many of the W hotels. Harth, the in-house restaurant, is a MUST do! Amazing food at reasonable prices. The rooms were great, too. No complaints at all. Looking forward to staying here again next time I'm in McLean.

Room Tip: Get a room off on one of the wings so you don't hear all the noise from the bars that filters up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
We look forward to welcoming you back, Sted! Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly reinvented hotel.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Attended a conference here and it is perfect for that! The staff was attentive and very accomodating. The houskeeper for my room even noticed I was cold by my comforter roll I had made to sleep with and she made my bed with extra soft and plush blankets, without me asking!
The only thing I was not a fan of off was the GREEN thermostat, I know I should be more eco friendly but I come from a warm climate and sleeping in a 68 degree room is not my first choice. Othe than that this property is great and if I were visiting in August I would have been content all around!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the center so you don't hear the lobby bar noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with your housekeeper. I am so proud to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs while you were staying with us. I apologize for your guest room being too cold. As you had mentioned, we participate in several green initiatives including the HVAC system in the guest rooms. I will make a note of this and be sure on your next visit the room is not too cold. Thank you for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I come here occasionally for business. Check in is easy and check out even easier. I received my folio in my email box within a few hours of check out.
The room was clean and comfortable.
At the bar, my friend ordered the chocolate cupcake and it looked delicious.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you! I'm happy to hear that the times you have stayed with us have been easy and stress free. The chocolate cupcake is on of my favorites. With the new fall menu in Harth I also really enjoy the build your own 'Smores dessert, definately a must try! Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The stage is set when you enter the stunning modern styled lobby. The focal point is a huge hanging sculpture spanning half the lobby above the beautiful bar. The mixologists are experienced professionals who aim to please. The suite that we enjoyed was perfect for entertaining and was decorated with a modern motif. The bar, the dining table for twelve and the shower for two in one of the bathrooms completed the experience. The Harth Restaurant host all of the meals and is a must for dinner. The wine cellar is well appointed and the salt roasted beets, the braised beef short ribs and the wood fired flatbreads were among our favorites. The desserts are large ortions and should be shared. The hotel is located in the middle of everything with shopping and dining close by. Self parking was free but valet is available. Every staff member that we encountered was eager to please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your generous feedback! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally I am so happy to hear great feedback about the suite. I personally love the dining area as well! You mentioned the braised beef short ribs in harth, one of my favorites as well. If you enjoyed the short ribs may I suggest the beef stew. It is out of this world and full of flavor. As for our desserts, our smores are also a great treat on a cold winter day! Look forward to having you back in the future.
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good:
This hotel was stunning. The lobby, business center and dining on the premises was very European. I cannot say enough about how classy and modern, yet comfortable the place looks inside. The location is perfect-right in the heart of Tysons, but even better because it is on the backside of the Galleria/Tysons II making it much better access than say a hotl located in front of Tysons I or II. Traffic in that area can be horrendous, so being on the back of Tysons and going one exit down form the main Tysons exit makes this hotel much easier to get to. The room decor was better than even the Hyatts I generally stay at. Flatscreen on a swing arm, comfy, fresh feeling throughout and in the bathroom.

Bad:
Unfortunately, my wife was upset that the bathroom had some small fingernail bits on the floor. We quickly found housekeeping to take care of. I did not complain to management as I dont think it was worth making a big stink over.
I wish they had a coffee bar for the business area. I ran out of coffee in the room and did not want to use the creamer and therefore had no choice but to go to the restaurant and pay for a cup of coffee. Not a big deal though as I am sure if I said anything to the front desk it would have been taken care of. Some people dont like to complain so I just get what they give me.. Also, logistically, it may be impossible or not of Hilton Hygiene practices to have a coffee bar open to public in a hotel of this caliber.
If there was 4.5 star option I would have given it as this hotel was pretty stunning overall.

Room Tip: I recommend a higher level room- there was not much of a view from the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! Our guests feedback is so important to us that we greatly appreciate the time you took for this review. First, thank you for staying with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our new renovations and our location in Tysons. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the room cleanliness challenges that happened. I will be personally following up with this. Additionally, we do have a grab and go station open during the morning weekdays for coffee and breakfast pastries in the lobby. In the future, please do not hesistate to ask as our front desk will be happy to help in providing any items that you have run out of. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Midlothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here on a recent shopping trip. Very nice, clean modern hotel and the rate was great. Located close to both Tyson's Corner malls and easy to find. Only complaint was the front desk check in, was impressed with her personality at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! First I would like to apologize for your front desk experience and I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We are happy that you chose to stay with us for your shopping trip! In the future, may I suggest our Shop Till' You Drop Package. It is a great package including a Tysons Corner coupon book filled with great deals at stores in Tysons. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!