“Great Stay in Tyson's Corner” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Georgetown, Texas
“Great Stay in Tyson's Corner”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

Stayed one night here this past week while attending a company Christmas party in the same area. The building is older, but the interior, including the rooms, have all been updated. The bar area in the main entrance is quite nice. Modern, classy, and designed for socializing. Reminded me of the Living Room in many of the W hotels. Harth, the in-house restaurant, is a MUST do! Amazing food at reasonable prices. The rooms were great, too. No complaints at all. Looking forward to staying here again next time I'm in McLean.

Room Tip: Get a room off on one of the wings so you don't hear all the noise from the bars that filters up...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
We look forward to welcoming you back, Sted! Thank you for staying with us, I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly reinvented hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Attended a conference here and it is perfect for that! The staff was attentive and very accomodating. The houskeeper for my room even noticed I was cold by my comforter roll I had made to sleep with and she made my bed with extra soft and plush blankets, without me asking!
The only thing I was not a fan of off was the GREEN thermostat, I know I should be more eco friendly but I come from a warm climate and sleeping in a 68 degree room is not my first choice. Othe than that this property is great and if I were visiting in August I would have been content all around!

Room Tip: Ask for one away from the center so you don't hear the lobby bar noise.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you for sharing your experience with your housekeeper. I am so proud to hear that our staff was attentive to your needs while you were staying with us. I apologize for your guest room being too cold. As you had mentioned, we participate in several green initiatives including the HVAC system in the guest rooms. I will make a note of this and be sure on your next visit the room is not too cold. Thank you for staying with us!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

I come here occasionally for business. Check in is easy and check out even easier. I received my folio in my email box within a few hours of check out.
The room was clean and comfortable.
At the bar, my friend ordered the chocolate cupcake and it looked delicious.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you! I'm happy to hear that the times you have stayed with us have been easy and stress free. The chocolate cupcake is on of my favorites. With the new fall menu in Harth I also really enjoy the build your own 'Smores dessert, definately a must try! Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Ras Tanura, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

The stage is set when you enter the stunning modern styled lobby. The focal point is a huge hanging sculpture spanning half the lobby above the beautiful bar. The mixologists are experienced professionals who aim to please. The suite that we enjoyed was perfect for entertaining and was decorated with a modern motif. The bar, the dining table for twelve and the shower for two in one of the bathrooms completed the experience. The Harth Restaurant host all of the meals and is a must for dinner. The wine cellar is well appointed and the salt roasted beets, the braised beef short ribs and the wood fired flatbreads were among our favorites. The desserts are large ortions and should be shared. The hotel is located in the middle of everything with shopping and dining close by. Self parking was free but valet is available. Every staff member that we encountered was eager to please.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your generous feedback! I am so happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Additionally I am so happy to hear great feedback about the suite. I personally love the dining area as well! You mentioned the braised beef short ribs in harth, one of my favorites as well. If you enjoyed the short ribs may I suggest the beef stew. It is out of this world and full of flavor. As for our desserts, our smores are also a great treat on a cold winter day! Look forward to having you back in the future.
Norfolk, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

Good:
This hotel was stunning. The lobby, business center and dining on the premises was very European. I cannot say enough about how classy and modern, yet comfortable the place looks inside. The location is perfect-right in the heart of Tysons, but even better because it is on the backside of the Galleria/Tysons II making it much better access than say a hotl located in front of Tysons I or II. Traffic in that area can be horrendous, so being on the back of Tysons and going one exit down form the main Tysons exit makes this hotel much easier to get to. The room decor was better than even the Hyatts I generally stay at. Flatscreen on a swing arm, comfy, fresh feeling throughout and in the bathroom.

Bad:
Unfortunately, my wife was upset that the bathroom had some small fingernail bits on the floor. We quickly found housekeeping to take care of. I did not complain to management as I dont think it was worth making a big stink over.
I wish they had a coffee bar for the business area. I ran out of coffee in the room and did not want to use the creamer and therefore had no choice but to go to the restaurant and pay for a cup of coffee. Not a big deal though as I am sure if I said anything to the front desk it would have been taken care of. Some people dont like to complain so I just get what they give me.. Also, logistically, it may be impossible or not of Hilton Hygiene practices to have a coffee bar open to public in a hotel of this caliber.
If there was 4.5 star option I would have given it as this hotel was pretty stunning overall.

Room Tip: I recommend a higher level room- there was not much of a view from the third floor.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review! Our guests feedback is so important to us that we greatly appreciate the time you took for this review. First, thank you for staying with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed our new renovations and our location in Tysons. Secondly, I would like to apologize for the room cleanliness challenges that happened. I will be personally following up with this. Additionally, we do have a grab and go station open during the morning weekdays for coffee and breakfast pastries in the lobby. In the future, please do not hesistate to ask as our front desk will be happy to help in providing any items that you have run out of. I hope to welcome you back to the hotel in the future!
Midlothian
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here on a recent shopping trip. Very nice, clean modern hotel and the rate was great. Located close to both Tyson's Corner malls and easy to find. Only complaint was the front desk check in, was impressed with her personality at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for your review! First I would like to apologize for your front desk experience and I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We are happy that you chose to stay with us for your shopping trip! In the future, may I suggest our Shop Till' You Drop Package. It is a great package including a Tysons Corner coupon book filled with great deals at stores in Tysons. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this lovely updated Hilton for a business meeting at my companu headquarters at Gannett. The lobby is beautiful with a new glass hanging sculpture over the lobby bar. Reception is tucked into the side of the lobby. Four glass elevators service all of the floors and provide a good view of the lobby.

Check in took less than two minutes. I showed my Hilton Honors card but was not offered an upgrade or an amenity. Gannett puts all of their employees at this hotel, so they may see so many of us that they do not usually offer anything.

My room was on the second floor. Your door"key" is a credit card but instead of inserting it into the door, you just tap it. There are several hallways leading in different directions from the elevator lobby, although no hall was very long, so it is a short walk to your room. There was very little outside sound in the room except for slight plumbing/water noise.

The room is nicely redone with darl wood floors, dark wood table, subdued lighting and some nice new touches. Loved the small loveseat/bench/couch under the window - very retro and still fresh. Large flat screen TV on a wall swivel mount (handy if you want to work at the desk. Two large drawers in the built in dresser, which was low enough to store your overnight bag, no dragging out the suitcase caddy from the closet.

There is a tall set of drawers near the entrance to the bathroom that some people may overlook if they are only staying for a quick trip. You might miss the drop down top door that hides a coffee maker. And if you don't open the bottom door, you'll miss the small fridge. Both nice to have, even for a short stay.

The brand new ice "bucket" was actually a cool, white, square box-within-a-box. While I would prefer a bigger container, this one certainly looked fresh and clean. AND it wasn't in the bathroom, which I appreciate.

Speaking of the bathroom, this one has the newer touches of a raised counter with a shallow marble sink. The bath itslef is still very small, they did not redesign the space, only updated the fixtures. The lighting was excellent - the entire frame around the mirror lit up behind frosted glass and made for perfect makeup lighting. The bathtub was deep enough for a soak and the water pressure was fine. I'm not a big fan of a shower curtain, but this one looked fresh and it was on a curved rod. The Peter Roth toiletries are standard for Hilton - I like the larger bath bar with the massaging texture. There was no robe in the room.

The bed had crisp sheets and a very light duvet. I like a cool room, so I took down the microfiber blankie out of the baggie in the closet to add some warmth to the bed. I left the fan on all night since some hotels get stuffy. The bedside table had handy dual plus and the light switch was on the wall instead of the lamp - no fumbling under the lampshade in the dark. There were four pillow on each bed, so more than enough, although I did need to use several of them because they were very soft. I did not like the digital clock. It had a huge blue display and really lit up the room, even on the dim setting. I had to turn it away and use my phone instead. Minor detail.

We really used the hotel shuttle - it took us the Gannett every day and to the restarants at the nearby mall at Tyson's Corner every night. Very handy, although it was packed almost every trip.The trip from Dulles has improved considerably - less than 25 minutes both times for about $36 each way.

Can't think of too much improvement for this one. It isn't in a location I would recommend for vacation, but for the business traveler, top-notch!

Room Tip: Be sure to get a recently updated room. Im not sure all of them have been done yet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! As a Gannett traveler we appreciate you staying with us. I'm very excited to hear the great feedback about our newly renovated hotel. Thank you for the generous comments and insight. Coming up soon in the area will be the Silver line metro system which will also provide another great way to travel to and from the airport. I look forward to welcoming you back the hotel in the future!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!