“Great shopping location!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Midlothian
“Great shopping location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

Stayed here on a recent shopping trip. Very nice, clean modern hotel and the rate was great. Located close to both Tyson's Corner malls and easy to find. Only complaint was the front desk check in, was impressed with her personality at all.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Thank you for your review! First I would like to apologize for your front desk experience and I will be sure to follow up with this personally. We are happy that you chose to stay with us for your shopping trip! In the future, may I suggest our Shop Till' You Drop Package. It is a great package including a Tysons Corner coupon book filled with great deals at stores in Tysons. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

443 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

Stayed at this lovely updated Hilton for a business meeting at my companu headquarters at Gannett. The lobby is beautiful with a new glass hanging sculpture over the lobby bar. Reception is tucked into the side of the lobby. Four glass elevators service all of the floors and provide a good view of the lobby.

Check in took less than two minutes. I showed my Hilton Honors card but was not offered an upgrade or an amenity. Gannett puts all of their employees at this hotel, so they may see so many of us that they do not usually offer anything.

My room was on the second floor. Your door"key" is a credit card but instead of inserting it into the door, you just tap it. There are several hallways leading in different directions from the elevator lobby, although no hall was very long, so it is a short walk to your room. There was very little outside sound in the room except for slight plumbing/water noise.

The room is nicely redone with darl wood floors, dark wood table, subdued lighting and some nice new touches. Loved the small loveseat/bench/couch under the window - very retro and still fresh. Large flat screen TV on a wall swivel mount (handy if you want to work at the desk. Two large drawers in the built in dresser, which was low enough to store your overnight bag, no dragging out the suitcase caddy from the closet.

There is a tall set of drawers near the entrance to the bathroom that some people may overlook if they are only staying for a quick trip. You might miss the drop down top door that hides a coffee maker. And if you don't open the bottom door, you'll miss the small fridge. Both nice to have, even for a short stay.

The brand new ice "bucket" was actually a cool, white, square box-within-a-box. While I would prefer a bigger container, this one certainly looked fresh and clean. AND it wasn't in the bathroom, which I appreciate.

Speaking of the bathroom, this one has the newer touches of a raised counter with a shallow marble sink. The bath itslef is still very small, they did not redesign the space, only updated the fixtures. The lighting was excellent - the entire frame around the mirror lit up behind frosted glass and made for perfect makeup lighting. The bathtub was deep enough for a soak and the water pressure was fine. I'm not a big fan of a shower curtain, but this one looked fresh and it was on a curved rod. The Peter Roth toiletries are standard for Hilton - I like the larger bath bar with the massaging texture. There was no robe in the room.

The bed had crisp sheets and a very light duvet. I like a cool room, so I took down the microfiber blankie out of the baggie in the closet to add some warmth to the bed. I left the fan on all night since some hotels get stuffy. The bedside table had handy dual plus and the light switch was on the wall instead of the lamp - no fumbling under the lampshade in the dark. There were four pillow on each bed, so more than enough, although I did need to use several of them because they were very soft. I did not like the digital clock. It had a huge blue display and really lit up the room, even on the dim setting. I had to turn it away and use my phone instead. Minor detail.

We really used the hotel shuttle - it took us the Gannett every day and to the restarants at the nearby mall at Tyson's Corner every night. Very handy, although it was packed almost every trip.The trip from Dulles has improved considerably - less than 25 minutes both times for about $36 each way.

Can't think of too much improvement for this one. It isn't in a location I would recommend for vacation, but for the business traveler, top-notch!

Room Tip: Be sure to get a recently updated room. Im not sure all of them have been done yet.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! As a Gannett traveler we appreciate you staying with us. I'm very excited to hear the great feedback about our newly renovated hotel. Thank you for the generous comments and insight. Coming up soon in the area will be the Silver line metro system which will also provide another great way to travel to and from the airport. I look forward to welcoming you back the hotel in the future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

Fantastic hotel located close to both Tysons Corner malls. Front desk staff, especially Eileen, was five stars. Lobby, restaurant, and rooms were recently upgraded and have a modern feel without being too sterile.

Not walkable to much of anything, but shuttle service is good and its location to major highways is helpful. Highly recommended across the board.

• Stayed December 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! I am glad to hear that Eileen could be of service to you during your stay. Thank you for the gracious compliment to our staff! We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This property is one of the nicest hotels I've seen. Very nice facilities, great food at restaurant and very very helpful staff. I had trouble sleeping without my foam pillow and they brought me one when I asked. The battery died to the proximity reader to my room lock and they replaced it pronto. Got upgrade for being diamond status. I thought the breakfasts and drinks/appetizers (at bar) were way overpriced, but to be expected at this type of property. Nonetheless everything was first rate. Highly recommended if money is no object or if it's business travel and your company is willing to pay for it. Oh and take the shuttle to the mall, don't try to walk in sub freezing temps like I did. It's not as straight forward as it looks on a map due to traffic pattern and construction.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Wow! Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are honored to be considered among the best. I would like to apologize for your room lock challenge, however I am pleased to hear that it was taken care of in a timely manner. I know you braved the cold on your visit but on your next stay our shuttle can take our guests anywhere in a three mile radius as well as to both shopping malls. I hope to see you back at the hotel in the future!
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My parents stayed here last week and had a wonderful experience! The hotel was conveniently located near Tysons & 495. It was very impressive...gorgeous lobby, attractive, clean rooms w/high end, super comfy linens. The staff was extremely gracious and helpful.They upgraded my parents' room and offered them a complimentary breakfast during their four day stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marina, I am so happy to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay and thank you for the gracious comments! We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night to do some Christmas shopping at Tysons. It is in a great location, which is convenient to the mall. The hotel was clean and the lobby was beautiful. We enjoyed a few (expensive) drinks at the bar. Our only compliant was the last shuttle to the mall on the weekend was at 5pm. We were hoping not to have to drive to the mall during the christmas time rush but we had to anyway. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice. If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask if they can do a free upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Lava F, Thank you for your review. Thank you for thinking of us for your Christmas shopping trip! I apologize for the shuttle not running later on the day you mentioned. I am happy that you enjoyed the property and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Halfmoon, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a great place, convenient location. Nice getaway in the midst of the DC area. Modern and sleek but with a feeling of warmth. Rooms are well let and clean. Great rate! The restaurant if very nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and center section since it is open to the first floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback! I hope you stay with us again soon.

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!