“One of nicest I've seen” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 15 hotels in Tysons Corner
Key West, Florida
“One of nicest I've seen”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

This property is one of the nicest hotels I've seen. Very nice facilities, great food at restaurant and very very helpful staff. I had trouble sleeping without my foam pillow and they brought me one when I asked. The battery died to the proximity reader to my room lock and they replaced it pronto. Got upgrade for being diamond status. I thought the breakfasts and drinks/appetizers (at bar) were way overpriced, but to be expected at this type of property. Nonetheless everything was first rate. Highly recommended if money is no object or if it's business travel and your company is willing to pay for it. Oh and take the shuttle to the mall, don't try to walk in sub freezing temps like I did. It's not as straight forward as it looks on a map due to traffic pattern and construction.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Wow! Thank you very much for your great feedback. We are honored to be considered among the best. I would like to apologize for your room lock challenge, however I am pleased to hear that it was taken care of in a timely manner. I know you braved the cold on your visit but on your next stay our shuttle can take our guests anywhere in a three mile radius as well as to both shopping malls. I hope to see you back at the hotel in the future!

374 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Falls Church, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My parents stayed here last week and had a wonderful experience! The hotel was conveniently located near Tysons & 495. It was very impressive...gorgeous lobby, attractive, clean rooms w/high end, super comfy linens. The staff was extremely gracious and helpful.They upgraded my parents' room and offered them a complimentary breakfast during their four day stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Marina, I am so happy to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay and thank you for the gracious comments! We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night to do some Christmas shopping at Tysons. It is in a great location, which is convenient to the mall. The hotel was clean and the lobby was beautiful. We enjoyed a few (expensive) drinks at the bar. Our only compliant was the last shuttle to the mall on the weekend was at 5pm. We were hoping not to have to drive to the mall during the christmas time rush but we had to anyway. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice. If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask if they can do a free upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Lava F, Thank you for your review. Thank you for thinking of us for your Christmas shopping trip! I apologize for the shuttle not running later on the day you mentioned. I am happy that you enjoyed the property and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Halfmoon, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a great place, convenient location. Nice getaway in the midst of the DC area. Modern and sleek but with a feeling of warmth. Rooms are well let and clean. Great rate! The restaurant if very nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and center section since it is open to the first floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback! I hope you stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed there recently, on the advice of my daughter, and could not have been more impressed. Hilton spent $45Million to make this an awesome advertisement.for their brand. Efficient check-in & out, very friendly personnel, cutting edge design, spotless rooms, and no problems with parking. All of this and remarkably low rates.
Although there are a number of restaurants in the area, be certain to visit Harth, the in-house dinning room. Food, service and decor are outstanding. You will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous review! We are very proud of the new reinvented Hilton McLean and are thrilled to hear such great feedback from our guests! I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. In the meantime, check out some of our great packages. We have a shop till' you drop package, perfect for the holiday season with Tysons Corner Center just a minute down the road!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for Thanksgiving. It was lovely. This hotel has been renovated about a year ago. We knew it from the past and it is still very nice.

The rooms are comfortable and clean and the amenities are top of the line. It may be a bit too modern in style for total ease but all in all very appealing.

We stay at the Hampton Inns as well and love their beds. This Hilton did not have the same quality beds or pillows. Therefore my mattress wasn't as comfortable.

Other than that, it was a wonderful stay. We'll stay there again whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the beds not being as comfortable as you would like. As you can imagine, each individual has different sleep preferences but I am glad you found the rest of your stay to be enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Fairly large rooms that are very clean. I am on a special rate and get free Internet. There is plentiful free parking. The service is great. I stayed at the Marriott a few days ago and the Hilton, while a bit farther, is much nicer. The service is excellent. If you wander into a corner of the lobby there is always someone to help. Rooms are very modern and did I say clean? I didn't find one hair on the beds or towels. Impressive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! I am especially proud of our staff for keeping guest rooms clean and tidy as well as the bar staff being attentive to our guests needs. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and I hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!