“"Hidden Gem"” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 14 hotels in Tysons Corner
Falls Church, Virginia
“"Hidden Gem"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

My parents stayed here last week and had a wonderful experience! The hotel was conveniently located near Tysons & 495. It was very impressive...gorgeous lobby, attractive, clean rooms w/high end, super comfy linens. The staff was extremely gracious and helpful.They upgraded my parents' room and offered them a complimentary breakfast during their four day stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor if available.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 19, 2012
Marina, I am so happy to hear that your parents enjoyed their stay and thank you for the gracious comments! We hope to welcome you and your family back to the hotel in the future.

451 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at this hotel on a Saturday night to do some Christmas shopping at Tysons. It is in a great location, which is convenient to the mall. The hotel was clean and the lobby was beautiful. We enjoyed a few (expensive) drinks at the bar. Our only compliant was the last shuttle to the mall on the weekend was at 5pm. We were hoping not to have to drive to the mall during the christmas time rush but we had to anyway. Other than that, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All the rooms seemed nice. If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask if they can do a free upgrade.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Lava F, Thank you for your review. Thank you for thinking of us for your Christmas shopping trip! I apologize for the shuttle not running later on the day you mentioned. I am happy that you enjoyed the property and hope to welcome you back in the future!
Halfmoon, New York, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a great place, convenient location. Nice getaway in the midst of the DC area. Modern and sleek but with a feeling of warmth. Rooms are well let and clean. Great rate! The restaurant if very nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the elevator and center section since it is open to the first floor
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your great feedback! I hope you stay with us again soon.
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

Stayed there recently, on the advice of my daughter, and could not have been more impressed. Hilton spent $45Million to make this an awesome advertisement.for their brand. Efficient check-in & out, very friendly personnel, cutting edge design, spotless rooms, and no problems with parking. All of this and remarkably low rates.
Although there are a number of restaurants in the area, be certain to visit Harth, the in-house dinning room. Food, service and decor are outstanding. You will return.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your generous review! We are very proud of the new reinvented Hilton McLean and are thrilled to hear such great feedback from our guests! I hope to welcome you back to the hotel soon. In the meantime, check out some of our great packages. We have a shop till' you drop package, perfect for the holiday season with Tysons Corner Center just a minute down the road!
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

We stayed at the Hilton for Thanksgiving. It was lovely. This hotel has been renovated about a year ago. We knew it from the past and it is still very nice.

The rooms are comfortable and clean and the amenities are top of the line. It may be a bit too modern in style for total ease but all in all very appealing.

We stay at the Hampton Inns as well and love their beds. This Hilton did not have the same quality beds or pillows. Therefore my mattress wasn't as comfortable.

Other than that, it was a wonderful stay. We'll stay there again whenever we're in the area.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your feedback! I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I apologize for the beds not being as comfortable as you would like. As you can imagine, each individual has different sleep preferences but I am glad you found the rest of your stay to be enjoyable. I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

Fairly large rooms that are very clean. I am on a special rate and get free Internet. There is plentiful free parking. The service is great. I stayed at the Marriott a few days ago and the Hilton, while a bit farther, is much nicer. The service is excellent. If you wander into a corner of the lobby there is always someone to help. Rooms are very modern and did I say clean? I didn't find one hair on the beds or towels. Impressive!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the great review! I am especially proud of our staff for keeping guest rooms clean and tidy as well as the bar staff being attentive to our guests needs. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed our service and I hope to welcome you back to the property in the future!
Pitts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I should preface this by saying my wife and I have high standards for hotels.
This hotel had a lot going for it, but there were a few things that were just off. First, this is an old hotel... Its very obvious, but what they did with the renovations makes you forget how old the hotel is in some areas. We are gold members with hilton, and we had hoped for a room on the executive floor. We weren't upgraded, and the woman at the front desk told me it was because they don't have an executive floor. However, online it gives you the option to book a room on the executive floor. The hotel was empty and I can't imagine there weren't rooms available... All of this seemed a little shady to me.
To make up for not having an executive floor they gave us vouchers for breakfast. The breakfast was very good. Much better than most. I was not impressed with Harth outside of breakfast though. The prices were outrageous for what you got. You are better off driving over to tysons center or the galleria and eating there.
The staff was small, but they were always there when we needed them. The pool and fitness rooms were both good.
Room was decorated nicely, and bed was comfortable.
Overall for the price we paid it was worth it, but if you are looking for a luxury hotel I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Adam9961, Thank you for your review. I appreciate our guests giving us feedback, especially feedback on areas that we can improve. I would like to apologize for the miscommunication at the front desk upon your check in. I will be sure to follow up with this myself. I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet. I am especially a fan of the hot and cold bar - the variety appeals to many different tastes and preferences. Additionally, I am pleased to hear that the staff was there to help. Thank you for staying with us, I hope to welcome you back soon.

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!