“Hilton McLean Beats Expectations” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Columbus, Ohio
“Hilton McLean Beats Expectations”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

My family and I stayed at the Hilton for a quick trip to the area. I was pleased with the room, the cleanliness, and comfortable conditions. What allowed me to rate this hotel as excellent was the customer service provided by the entire staff. From the check-in to the restaurant, we were treated very well. If you are staying in the area, there is really no other choice! Great experience!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
What a great review! Here at Hilton McLean we strive to offer our guests the best customer experience and I am so glad to hear that our staff made you feel welcome. We hope you join us again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

I spent 2 nights at this Hilton Property. Starting with the wonderful gentleman who checked me in for my stay to the young lady who checked me out at the end of my stay, everything was a class act. I did worry when I walked into the lobby and noted the old 1970's architecture with rooms that open out into a vast atrium. However, those worries were totally unmerited. The renovation they have done is perfection. My room was the quietest I have ever stayed in at a hotel and the amenities in the room were top notch. The room and linens were well appointed and very comfortable. The location is so convenient. This is the only place I will stay when I return to the area!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that we will be welcoming you back in the future! As you saw, we recently went through a top to bottom $50 million dollar renovation. Did you have time to enjoy any of your meals in harth? On your next visit I suggest you stop by to try some items off of our new fall menu that will be coming out shortly!
Tyler, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I had the privilege to stay at this Hilton property for one night. The staff was gracious, and the recent renovations obvious. I attended a meeting where I was able to sample the food at various times of the day. The chef is to be commended on variety and flavor. I enjoyed stepping out one door and seeing the chef's herb garden. An employee also told me that there are bees on the roof for pollination and harvesting for meals. I love the personal detail. Service was a bit slow in the lobby/bar for drinks, but there were around 25 people at the time.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 26, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! Our Executive Chef is very committed to his farm to table efforts including his organic herb garden and bee hives! The honey from the bee hives is featured in our famous bacon jam and our Hive Cocktail, among many more! Right now our herb garden includes some of the hottest peppers in the world, cabbage, several types of mint and oregano, I could go on forever!
Richmond, VA
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

Nice room, pretty good price. The food was very good, but also pretty expensive, which is what one would expect of the fancy restaurant at the Hilton. This was my first stay in a Hilton. And likely my last. I travel a lot, and I have never (ever) seen a roach in any of my travels. Until this stay. I realize that there are some unavoidable realities in life, but I expect a hotel of Hilton's reputed caliber to ensure that I don't have to see some of those realities. The room appeared clean, but bugginess would suggest otherwise.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
Thank you for your feedback. I sincerely apologize for any challenges that occured during your stay. We take our guests comments very seriously and I will be sure to personally follow up with this. I have included a personal message with our guest service manager's contact information for the future if we can make your next stay more enjoyable.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had a reservation at this hotel for a one day break. After shopping at Tyson' Corner and a nice dinner at a local restaurant we returned to the hotel to find that there was a high school reunion and a wedding reception. This hotel has a somewhat dated atrium design where the lobby is exposed to a soaring space. The problem was that our room faced the atrium and the noise was EXCESSIVE in the room for well past 1:00 AM. So much for a nice quiet in town weekend. The property is a visually beautiful property; as described by others but the sound can be excessive. I would STRONGLY urge you to get a room on one of the three weeks that do not directly face on to the Atrium. They are much more quiet. The Sunday brunch was very good but somewhat expensive for what you get. This is a very good Hilton, but as a Diamond member it is nowhere as nice as many other Hilton's I have stayed in. Will stay again but demand a miuch better room at checkin.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
VirginiaFB, I sincerely apologize for the noise you experienced during your stay. We take our guests comments very seriously and I will be sure to follow up with this. I would also like to thank you for being a diamond member, we greatly appreciate your loyalty to the Hilton brand and we are looking foward to making your next stay even better than the last.
Baltimore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

This hotel has been renovated recently, and you can tell when you walk in. I I stayed here on business for one night. It was good, but I probably wouldn't choose to stay here long-term. The lobby is really nice, there's a great-looking bar, and the rooms themselves have a very modern feel to them. The staff was fine, not overly friendly or welcoming, but nothing to complain about. It was a little hard to feel super comfortable here for some reason. The breakfast was fine, but unless you get a voucher for it you'll have to pay a pretty high price. I'd recommend going out and getting it from a local place instead. The location of this hotel was alright, it was on the other side of the road from the main shopping area, and there was some construction around as well. All-in-all, it was a pretty nice stay.

Room Tip: It probably isn't worth paying extra for an upgraded room since they've all been renovated e...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I would like to first apologize for any challenges you experienced during your stay. At Hilton McLean Tysons Corner we strive to offer our guests comfortable accomodations and I apologize if we fell short during your stay. I would like to thank you for choosing us and if there is anything we can do in the future to make your stay more comfortable please let us know. We hope to welcome you back in the future.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

About a month ago some family came to visit me and stayed here... and, as always, it met and exceed our expectations. The hotel staff is friendly the location is easy for us to get to and from. They had a great visit overall including the stay at the hotel. Can't ask for anything better - thanks!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Chasity, thank you! On your next visit I suggest that you look at some of our great packages we have to offer including bed and breakfast, more time for each other, and a shop till you drop package! Stay tuned for more exciting options to come! Thank you for choosing Hilton McLean.

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!