“Still wonderful after all these stays” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn 2X HHonors Points!
Ranked #1 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still wonderful after all these stays”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I keep reviewing this hotel because it keeps exceeding my expectations. Friendly and efficient staff, comfy beds, fantastic restaurant and bar.
Diamond members, you cannot beat this hotel for elite benefits. The free appetizers in the evening just keep getting better. This time, a flatbread pizza with bacon jam on it is downright delectable. Beware the breakfast benefit has been reduced to the 'cold' part of the buffet, but for $5 you can add any entry, and the omelets are really good, as is the popover benedict. Even just the continental buffet is plenty of good food.
When I stayed mid-summer, there were some water-temperature issues. I'm not sure if it was just the room I had last time, but both times i stayed in September, I had no such problems.
Parking is still free, which is a great deal in McLean, VA (although several other hotels offer free parking as well).
I stay here whenever I possibly can - it's that good!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
Wow! First, I would like to thank you for being a Hilton Diamond Member! We greatly appreciate our loyal guests and your patronage to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. I'm glad to hear that our staff have made your stays memorable! I am so sorry that on your last stay you experienced water temperature issues and I will be sure to follow up with this. I look forward to welcoming you back to the property in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
  • Arabic first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

The updates have been completed and are a great change for this hotel. I had almost given up on this Hilton for other options, but they have really turned it around. Nice, modern atmosphere all around - from the lobby bar to the rooms. Free shuttle within 3 miles of the hotel is a nice plus and will get you to the mall and most other places you need to be in the McLean/Tysons Corner area. Front desk service was great - easy check in, friendly and helpful. Much appreciated!

The härth restaurant is very nice for both breakfest and dinner and has one of the best steaks around. Be prepared however, it is expensive! The price of both the food and drinks would be my only negative about this Hilton.

Get a room in one fo the "wings" of the hotel to avoid noise from the foyer.

Room Tip: Get a room in one fo the "wings" of the hotel to avoid noise from the foyer.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2012

My stay at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner was great!!! Hotel staff, starting from entrance to check in, everybody was very helpful their hospitality was above and beyond. The hotel design is contemporary. really I had a great stay.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for the feedback and we hope to see you soon,
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

The renovations to the hotel are phenomenal! The room was so modern looking and chic, I felt like it was very upscale. The staff were very helpful with questions I had and it is a very calm atmosphere to be staying in. I will definately be returning to this beautiful hotel. I left feeling very relaxed and just happy overall, which is important to me in a hotel stay considering with others I have left grumpy and dissatisfied.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, October 1, 2012
Thank you for your review! We love hearing positive feedback about Hilton McLean Tysons Corner in regards to the new renovation. Did you visit our tech lounge? It is great for relaxing or using one of our touch screen Macs or PCs! I hope to welcome you back in the future!
McLean, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

This hotel is the BEST in Tysons Corner, hands down! First, the staff is friendly and welcoming. All of the staff are interactive with the guests, and are very helpful. The new renovation is beautiful, especially the rooms - they are amazing. AND the food in the restaurant is delicious. I ate in the restaurant for dinner with my family and had a flatbread and the steak, both were great. We also ordered two desserts to share at the table. They have a great selection of cocktails and "mocktails" on their Ipad menus. I will definately be recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm so pleased to hear that our staff made your trip a memorable one. Did you try any of our mocktails? I especially enjoy the "Nojito!"
Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I came here for a Homeschool fieldtrip with my 2 young daughters who are 10 and 11 years old.
We wanted to do a hands on History tour of Washington DC, ~but still have some *playtime* and relaxation. The Hotel is simply gorgeous. This Hilton is Immaculate and for a clean/neat freak like me, totally relaxes my stay. I am a Diamond Hilton Honors member and do a lot of traveling, This Hotel is one of their finest. You feel like royalty with how nice the customer service is here. My 1st encounter with Jasmine was super nice, she was really pleasant, and a wealth of information upon arrival. She found me maps and places to visit before i even unpacked! Awesome!

Lidy at breakfast couldn't have been any sweeter! She made our day start out really great!

When we got back from our Washington all day adventure, which was spectacular, really tired weary...... a very kind and friendly and helpful greeting by Rohitha in the Foyer made this weary traveler get a 2nd wind! I had a few questions and he answered them all even above and beyond. Now i feel the energy to swim in their lovely pool this evening and enjoy a fun meal with my daughters. I will definitely stay here again and again!

The Hilton is convenient to many things. The Galleria Mall, a Local Food Store Harry Teeter and other shops. McLean is a very nice place to visit!I If you go the George W. Parkway into The Washington metro area and Sites it is a very lovely drive.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are extra large and comfy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Dear Guest, First, I would like to thank you for staying with us as a Hilton Diamond Member! I'm so happy our staff made your experience a memorable one. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we look forward to seeing you again in the future! Did you know that our hotel has an American Girl Package? Maybe something your girls would enjoy! The package includes an American Girl Doll bed to take home, free shuttle service to the American Girl Place, an amenity for mom, and much more!
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

We drove around for quite a while trying to find this hotel, but once we did, we were very happy with it. It is located in an office park where a new commuter train line is being constructed.

It is a very new property near the Hilton offices. The room and its furnishings were very clean and inviting. The lobby is elegant and the parking was complimentary. The business area is tucked in a section of the lobby with big comfortable chairs and several desktop PCs. It is close to the Galleria shopping mall with many restaurant options.

When you walk into this hotel, you will be amazed. Superior value.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
NitaMarie, Thank you for your feedback. I'm pleased to hear you enjoyed our tech lounge! It is one of our most popular spots. Did you know that you can enjoy a drink or item from our bar menu in the tech lounge? I do apologize for your trouble finding the hotel. As you know, Tysons Corner is undergoing a construction project that occationally makes travel confusing! We hope to welcome you back soon!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
Crowne Plaza Tysons Corner
#9 of 15 in Tysons Corner
4.0 of 5 stars 424 reviews

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!