“Great lobby and enjoyable stay” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
New York
“Great lobby and enjoyable stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This hotel certainly deserves to be #1 in Mclean, VA as it was recently renovated. The lobby was beautiful and pretty fun to hang out in. Our nieces enjoyed the see through elevators as well. The room was clean and modern and the pillows were like clouds. Also the front desk was very helpful in allowing us to check in early and getting us a room next to our family.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you very much! We are pleased to announce that we have been awarded the AAA Four Diamond Award! An award only given to 3.8 percent of AAA approved properties! This exciting news is helping us make our mark in Tysons Corner. We appreciate you and all of our guests for staying with us!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2012

This is a lovely hotel with great management. We were there on a business trip, and they took great care of us. Accommodations were beautiful. We especially liked the new renovations The wood tile is really nice. No complaints on this stay at all.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Thank you! We hope to see you back in the near future!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

This lovely Hilton is a shiny penny in a sea of dull and drab choices. The rooms are modern, fresh, clean, well appointed and comfortable. Bathrooms are terrific with amazing stand up showers. There is so much Moreno like in the common areas of the place; very cool lobby lounge with funky modern seating and free wifi, business center has free Macs and PCs for guest to use and a floor to ceiling TVs for game viewing, fitness center with ample free weights, fitness and cardio equip, fab 25 yd lap pool with lots of natural light. The best part is the restaurant, Harth has truly amazing food and sleek decor. Top it off with an ultra friendly, service oriented staff and you'll be coming back offen (as I do).

Room Tip: If you aren't planning on using the bath make sure to request a room with a stand up shower.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
WOW! What a fabulous review. Thank you for your kind words about Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. We are pleased you are enjoying our newly renovated property and restaurant. How did you like our signature bacon jam? It is always a hit! On your next visit, I would suggest trying the scallops in harth, they are out of this world!
Salisbury, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

We were looking for a nice place to stay overnight while going to a show at nearby Wolf Trap. This place came up in the right price range, and after reading the reviews about the recent renovations, we decided to try it out. It was a very nice facility, had a dip in the pool too. Bed was comfortable. Only complaint was the room fridge was set all the way down and I couldn't find ANY device on it to change the temperature. Oh, and don't buy the gourment chips, 7.50 a bag...good LAWD.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I am so glad you chose Hilton McLean Tysons Corner for your stay as a preferred hotel for Wolf Trap! I will be sure to follow up on the refridgerators in the guest rooms to ensure they are working properly. Thank you very much for your review and I look forward to welcoming you back to the property!
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is next to a headquarters for Hilton, so needless to say this hotel needs to be up to snuff for the business people visiting the Hilton corporation, and it certainly seems to be! A really pretty lobby with an 'open air' elevator is awesome; even being afraid of heights I really enjoyed my trips up and down the elevator. You can get a meal, a snack, and any kind of beverage pretty much any time from the lobby bar. Can I please have the recipe for the "Nojito"? Nothing like a fun, fancy drink to keep a booze-free girl happy. The hotel restaurant is awesome, too. Had a wonderful breakfast there - a blueberry yogurt parfait with the best granola! Glad to see the chef is focused on local and organic foods as much as possible. The room was terrific. I had an executive level suite (8th floor) - only thing the hotel should have considered in its upgrade was double sinks in the bathrooms, but otherwise a perfect room with a great big tiled shower and a wonderful bed. Ahhhhhhh. Very, very clean. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Very friendly people with a smile for everyone. Thank you for that. And, like I always say - Don't forget to tip your housekeeping staff!!!

Room Tip: I loved my room 862, but didn't see any others. Probably not a "view" from any side o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! The recipe to our delicious Nojito is white cranberry & apple juices, muddled mint, lime, splash of soda. Thank YOU for visitng Hilton McLean and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in Dc on Saturday August 4th. It was extremely hot outside.".appx 100 degrees". I checked into the Hilton after being out in the heat and arrived to my room to find that there was no air conditioning on and the temperature control in the room read 90. I turned on the air and it wouldn't come on. When I let the front desk know about the heat of the room their response was that it was probably was unoccupied for last several days and that is why no air was on and why the room was so hot. That to me is no excuse. If you have a guest arriving and it is extremely hot outside the air should be turned on prior to check in to insure that the temperature of the room is comfortable.I also found that my in room refrigerator was not working so I called to the front desk and they sent maintenance up to look at it. The engineer came up and "fixed the refrigerator" and told up it would take appx 1 hr to cool. 1 hr later still hot so I called down to the front desk again and was given an option of having maintenance coming back up or we could switch rooms. I decided to take the option of switching rooms as I had no confidence that this could be fixed. I proceeded to get my things together to move only to get a call from the front desk saying that they would need to talk to the engineer before they would move us to another room. So after a few minutes it was decided that they would have him come up again and decided not to move us. After the second check the refrigerator finally worked. Also noticed that the bathtub had a bit of mildew. These are issues that I really don't expect to occur at a Hilton and I don't know if I will stay at this hotel again. Its a shame as this hotel has very nice decor, very comfortable beds, and a very modern look.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear RosanneM668, I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. Here at the hotel we pride ourselves on ensuring each guest has a positive experience at Hilton McLean. In that regard, I apologize for the temperature challenges in your guest room and will be sure to follow up with this issue as well as ensuring all in-room equiptment is working properly. I hope that you will visit the property again to make up for us falling short on your experience and making your second stay a memorable one.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had a fantastic stay in July at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, McLean, VA. After a rather harrowing and delayed flight in bad weather and a 2-hour line at the car rental, I could not have found a better haven for R&R than this beautiful hotel. First up, a very appreciative “thank you” goes out to their overnight security team. Though a relatively short distance from Dulles Airport, DC, it was 3:30AM when I found myself a victim of a confusing city sign system in place because of minor construction at the time. Calling the hotel solved my problem, for I was helped by a wonderful front desk and two fabulous security gents who guided me to the hotel and greeted me at its gates when I finally arrived at 4:00AM. This was hospitality at its best.

This great location is tucked away from the busier retail spots in town, and it has convenient access to the highway which takes you to Washington and it surrounds or farther into Virginia. The hotel continues to earn its stars, as it is beautifully designed and decorated, with full amenities for both the leisure and business traveler. I reserved a Corner Room Executive King, with a request for a quiet location, and my wish could not have been fulfilled any better than it was. On the ninth floor, off of a center open atrium and in a niche of its own, the room was airy and spacious with workspace and lounge area, plus 2-full sides of windows for a fine view and great light. It housed a soothingly comfortable bed with plush bedding for a serene ride to a good night’s sleep, and a spa-like bathroom to pamper oneself before the journey. (They offer Peter Thomas Roth hair/skin care products in the bath and I have personally ordered online more of this great product.) With attractive modern and Zen-like décor throughout, the icing on the cake was that it was immaculately clean. I stress again the great customer service at this Hilton, which included a very attentive and gracious housekeeping staff. Since I was on a tight schedule, I took advantage of room service for my meals and what fine fare they offer. The hotel has an in-house restaurant named Harth, and in addition to regular dining offers room service from 6:30AM-Midnight. Delicious in menu and presentation, it was a couple of days of perfection. I do not hesitate to say I look forward to returning and highly recommend a trip planned around this wonderful place to stay. Thank you, Hilton! ~ Maria Albanese, CA, USA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Albanese,
WOW! Thank you very much for your generous feedback. I love hearing about our guests experiences and their favorite parts of their stay with us. First, I would like to say that I am so overjoyed to hear that our security team and front desk agents were able to guide you to the hotel on your trip from the airport. I can relate to that, especially late in the evening trying to find your way in an unfamiliar place! Secondly, I am glad you enjoyed our room service menu and hotel decor. Our renovation has come to a close and we are happy to share the reinvention with everyone! Thank you again for your review!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!