“Friendly, Clean, and Lovely!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Miami Beach, Florida
“Friendly, Clean, and Lovely!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2012

This hotel is next to a headquarters for Hilton, so needless to say this hotel needs to be up to snuff for the business people visiting the Hilton corporation, and it certainly seems to be! A really pretty lobby with an 'open air' elevator is awesome; even being afraid of heights I really enjoyed my trips up and down the elevator. You can get a meal, a snack, and any kind of beverage pretty much any time from the lobby bar. Can I please have the recipe for the "Nojito"? Nothing like a fun, fancy drink to keep a booze-free girl happy. The hotel restaurant is awesome, too. Had a wonderful breakfast there - a blueberry yogurt parfait with the best granola! Glad to see the chef is focused on local and organic foods as much as possible. The room was terrific. I had an executive level suite (8th floor) - only thing the hotel should have considered in its upgrade was double sinks in the bathrooms, but otherwise a perfect room with a great big tiled shower and a wonderful bed. Ahhhhhhh. Very, very clean. The staff is absolutely wonderful. Very friendly people with a smile for everyone. Thank you for that. And, like I always say - Don't forget to tip your housekeeping staff!!!

Room Tip: I loved my room 862, but didn't see any others. Probably not a "view" from any side o...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 15, 2012
Thank you so much for the outstanding review! The recipe to our delicious Nojito is white cranberry & apple juices, muddled mint, lime, splash of soda. Thank YOU for visitng Hilton McLean and we look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2012

I was in Dc on Saturday August 4th. It was extremely hot outside.".appx 100 degrees". I checked into the Hilton after being out in the heat and arrived to my room to find that there was no air conditioning on and the temperature control in the room read 90. I turned on the air and it wouldn't come on. When I let the front desk know about the heat of the room their response was that it was probably was unoccupied for last several days and that is why no air was on and why the room was so hot. That to me is no excuse. If you have a guest arriving and it is extremely hot outside the air should be turned on prior to check in to insure that the temperature of the room is comfortable.I also found that my in room refrigerator was not working so I called to the front desk and they sent maintenance up to look at it. The engineer came up and "fixed the refrigerator" and told up it would take appx 1 hr to cool. 1 hr later still hot so I called down to the front desk again and was given an option of having maintenance coming back up or we could switch rooms. I decided to take the option of switching rooms as I had no confidence that this could be fixed. I proceeded to get my things together to move only to get a call from the front desk saying that they would need to talk to the engineer before they would move us to another room. So after a few minutes it was decided that they would have him come up again and decided not to move us. After the second check the refrigerator finally worked. Also noticed that the bathtub had a bit of mildew. These are issues that I really don't expect to occur at a Hilton and I don't know if I will stay at this hotel again. Its a shame as this hotel has very nice decor, very comfortable beds, and a very modern look.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Dear RosanneM668, I am terribly sorry to hear about your experience at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. Here at the hotel we pride ourselves on ensuring each guest has a positive experience at Hilton McLean. In that regard, I apologize for the temperature challenges in your guest room and will be sure to follow up with this issue as well as ensuring all in-room equiptment is working properly. I hope that you will visit the property again to make up for us falling short on your experience and making your second stay a memorable one.
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2012

I had a fantastic stay in July at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, McLean, VA. After a rather harrowing and delayed flight in bad weather and a 2-hour line at the car rental, I could not have found a better haven for R&R than this beautiful hotel. First up, a very appreciative “thank you” goes out to their overnight security team. Though a relatively short distance from Dulles Airport, DC, it was 3:30AM when I found myself a victim of a confusing city sign system in place because of minor construction at the time. Calling the hotel solved my problem, for I was helped by a wonderful front desk and two fabulous security gents who guided me to the hotel and greeted me at its gates when I finally arrived at 4:00AM. This was hospitality at its best.

This great location is tucked away from the busier retail spots in town, and it has convenient access to the highway which takes you to Washington and it surrounds or farther into Virginia. The hotel continues to earn its stars, as it is beautifully designed and decorated, with full amenities for both the leisure and business traveler. I reserved a Corner Room Executive King, with a request for a quiet location, and my wish could not have been fulfilled any better than it was. On the ninth floor, off of a center open atrium and in a niche of its own, the room was airy and spacious with workspace and lounge area, plus 2-full sides of windows for a fine view and great light. It housed a soothingly comfortable bed with plush bedding for a serene ride to a good night’s sleep, and a spa-like bathroom to pamper oneself before the journey. (They offer Peter Thomas Roth hair/skin care products in the bath and I have personally ordered online more of this great product.) With attractive modern and Zen-like décor throughout, the icing on the cake was that it was immaculately clean. I stress again the great customer service at this Hilton, which included a very attentive and gracious housekeeping staff. Since I was on a tight schedule, I took advantage of room service for my meals and what fine fare they offer. The hotel has an in-house restaurant named Harth, and in addition to regular dining offers room service from 6:30AM-Midnight. Delicious in menu and presentation, it was a couple of days of perfection. I do not hesitate to say I look forward to returning and highly recommend a trip planned around this wonderful place to stay. Thank you, Hilton! ~ Maria Albanese, CA, USA

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Dear Ms. Albanese,
WOW! Thank you very much for your generous feedback. I love hearing about our guests experiences and their favorite parts of their stay with us. First, I would like to say that I am so overjoyed to hear that our security team and front desk agents were able to guide you to the hotel on your trip from the airport. I can relate to that, especially late in the evening trying to find your way in an unfamiliar place! Secondly, I am glad you enjoyed our room service menu and hotel decor. Our renovation has come to a close and we are happy to share the reinvention with everyone! Thank you again for your review!
Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2012

My husband, 5 year old, 3 year old and I stayed in this hotel for a weekend of sight seeing and shopping. Upon arriving at the hotel the front desk staff was extremely friendly. We got an upgrade that included breakfast and a coupon package for Tyson's Corner Center and they also included 2 free appetizers and drinks at the harth bar.
The kids adored the glass elevators and the beautifully modern decor.
The room was clean and crisp, beds were comfortable.
Being members of HHonors they also gave us a 2pm check out.
Showers had good water pressure and different settings. The bathroom was well lit and had a decent hair dryer. Robes were also in the closet. Towels were large and plush!
The appetizers(which they allowed my husband to order "to go") were delicious!
There is a pool, nothing special about it but there is also a lifeguard on duty. There appeared to be a handicap lift to put people in and out of the pool which you do not see many places. Fitness center was ample with plenty of equipment.
No noise issues were noted throughout the night.
Breakfast the next morning at the harth was again delicious! Although expensive if you use the upgrade options you can make it more reasonable.
Parking was free and ample.
We drove to the West Falls Church metro about 10 mins away.
Overall my husband and I were impressed and will be returning in the near future!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
I greatly appreciate this positive feedback! We look forward to having you back at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner in the near future! I'm pleased to hear you and your family had an enjoyable and memorable stay with us.
washington, dc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 4, 2012 via mobile

I loved my stay at the Hilton Tysons!!! As two exhausted parent, we enjoyed the romance package and breakfast in bed. The hotel was being renovated during our stay but it didn't affect the level of service or hospitality. Convenient to restaraunts and shopping. I will return.

• Stayed November 2011
Thank you for choosing us for your relaxing evening. I'm so pleased to hear you will be returning to stay with us again. On your next visit, try our restaurant harth! It is a great date night dining experience with delicious local and organic foods. Including honey harvested from our roof top bee hives and herbs from our Chefs organic garden!
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 3, 2012

I recently stayed 3 nights at the Hilton McLean in Tysons Corner, Va. I understand that it has been totally renovated..."reinvented" as they call it. The hotel is absolutely beautiful! My room was clean, very comfortable, and very quiet. I specifically asked "Von" at the front desk for a quiet room, and he certainly came through on that request. In fact, all of the staff that I interacted with was very professional and helpful. I found the hotel to be contempory, functional, comfortable, and clean. You can't beat the location (although there is constant construction going on in Tyson's Corner) and the free parking was a big plus.

The Harth restaruant was also extremely good...on the expensive side, but the ingredients were fresh and delicious. "Will" in the restaurant was particularly a very friendly and fascinating man.
My only criticism would be that during the breakfast buffet, I had to wait for a few items, as they are all cooked in small portions so that they are hot and fresh. One suggestion, if you like scallops, order them for dinner!

A great stay, and thank you to all the staff!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Charlottesville, Virginia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

We stayed here for one night on our anniversary trip and enjoyed our stay. This was our first time staying in a Hilton hotel. I was really pleased with the price for the room, and the furnishings.

My only reason for not giving it 5 stars was because the room service breakfast was very expensive. We have payed less in downtown DC for room-service breakfast.

Even though we were right next to the elevators, it was very quiet.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, August 6, 2012
Thank you for your review. Happy Anniversary! I'm delighted to hear you chose Hilton McLean to celebrate your special day. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated guest rooms. I hope that on your next visit we can wow you even more than your first visit!

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!