“Great...if you are a "high" Hilton honors member.” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Rates from $89!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Houston, Texas
“Great...if you are a "high" Hilton honors member.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed here recently for three nights at the recommendation of coworkers for a business trip. I am a Hilton Honors member but haven't been in a Hilton property in awhile so my status has slipped. My coworkers, both platinum level I believe, got coupons for appetizers, breakfast, etc. and needless to say, I did not. I'm not saying I should have but just be aware that if you are paying for these items, they are expensive (an example was a $22.00 breakfast buffet). The lobby bar area is nice but tended to get crowded as the evening wore on and $10 to $13 glasses of wine could get expensive.

As for the hotel, it was very convenient by car to Tysons Corner and to area corporate offices. If you timed it right, there was apparently a nearby bus service to the West Falls Church Metro station but I didn't try this.

The hotel is modern and comfortable. I paid $5 extra a night to be upgraded to an executive room on the top floor but I'm not sure this was really a benefit after seeing my coworker's room.
The room amenities were nice, bed was comfortable, TV was fine, the different lighting settings for low reading, high reading, overall room lighting were nice, and the shower was unique - I did appreciate the different spout options on the shower head. One negative - no refrigerator, at least in the room I was "upgraded" to.

I did use the pool area one afternoon (doesn't open until 5 PM) and found this heated indoor pool to be great for exercise or relaxing. The adjacent fitness room was fine for a hotel of this caliber.

If you are a higher level Hilton rewards member and can get some vouchers for breakfast, etc., I would say definitely stay at this hotel. This is a very nice Hilton and you can't go wrong with staying here except as relates to the rewards member issues. However, there is stiff competition from nearby hotels so personally, when I head back to this area, I will most likely stay at a competitor chain just to remain within another loyalty program (where I am a higher level) and get a few more perks.

Room Tip: If you are a Hilton Honors member, ask for some vouchers to the bar and the restaurant.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, June 4, 2012
Dear atcken,

First, I would like to thank you very much for your feedback. This is a great way for us to follow up on our guests experiences at the Hilton McLean. All of our guest rooms are equiped with a mini refridgerator, located in the cabinet adjacent to the restroom area. If your room did not have one, I apologize, as there should be one in each room. Again, thank you for your feeback and we hope to see you back at the Hilton McLean again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
Trumbull, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I can't imagine the pressure this staff is under... this hotel is literally walking distance to Hilton's new (2009) world headquarters.

I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. The staff was efficient at every touch point, check-in, room service, check-out. Greeting from the staff I encountered in the halls. The room was spacious, clean, and that modern decor that wasn't "neo-modern." Loved the shower. The lobby wasn't as happening as say the W in Chicago, but well utilized. They had a spacious business center. I am not much one to eat alone in a restaurant, so I didn't try that, but the room service came quickly and was tasty.

This is really close to the Tysons Galleria mall. I hear it is an awesome mall, but really didn't have anything for me to cause me to walk over to it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the building, away from the elevators, on the fourth floor... and that seem...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Tom F,
I am so glad to hear you had a pleasant stay! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. For your next visit, did you know we have a complementary shuttle that goes anywhere in a three mile radius? Great for visiting the mall! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton McLean.
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stay here often for work. Renovation long overdue and nice but seems like a man's hotel. The toilet is very low and they removed the tub (glass shower door leaks water all over floor), and the sink height is tall like a shaving sink. Oddest of all is the new tv that dims at night. It's annoying and the front desk advised its better for night vision. Restaurant service is inattentive at breakfast when you are in a hurry to get to work. Gym and bar (not co located) are great. Good location and plenty of parking. Nice place to sit out at night by fire after work.

Room Tip: Elevator dings into open area if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Barbara D,
Thank you for the feedback, and I am so sorry to hear about your shower door leaking and breakfast experience. I will be sure to follow up on these challenges. We are also glad to hear you have gotten a chance to enjoy our outdoor patio, and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
woodbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

i stayted at this hotel last weekend (my previous and first stay was in december) - i plan on staying there twice more in the next couple of weeks and will continue to write reviews.

as before the facility was great - room is very nice looking, bed very comfortable and the shower is very nice.

here are the issues

1) as a gold member, i was upgraded to a towers room on the 7th floor - but i think it was smaller than the room i had in december,

2) in december, as a gold member, i got free appetizers in the harth lounge area - this time no appetizers - i asked and they said, i didn't qualify for them.

3) this was the big one - other than the indian/pakistani older gentleman in the harth restaurant for breakfast, everyone else was rude and unfriendly. i waited 10 minutes for someone to bother to ask if i wanted anything to drink. after waiting ten more minutes for cranberry juice, i just went and asked said gentleman (who remembered me from december, he is great) - everyone else blew me off.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I have followed up with this and discovered that in December you were upgraded to a corner king room, which is a bit larger than a standard room. Unfortunately, this upgrade cannot be guarenteed everytime. Also, for the appetizers in the lounge, the HHonors program changed in 2012 and appetizers are no longer part of the benefits for gold members. We can provide these to you as a one time exception because you were unaware of these changes, however I cannot promise them on a permanant basis. Again, I greatly appreciate your valued feedback and thank you so much for understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton McLean soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Been here many times. Rooms are quite nice. Not enough check-in staff late at night like midnight to get you into your room. Wait can be as long as 10m which is no fun at the end of a long airplane ride. Please address it management. Would really appreciate it.

• Stayed May 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Skymasterson,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry about your check in experience and we will definitely follow up on this. We hope to have you back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton years ago - I think about 4 or 5 years ago, and I still remember their beds. It was the best bed I've ever slept in; I felt like I was in a cloud because it just enveloped me. I usually don't sleep well if I know I have to get up early the next morning, but I slept like a baby. It's also pretty convenient being attached to Tysons Galleria because if you don't want to drive somewhere, then you have plenty of options for food within the mall, as well as shopping of course!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! We are very glad you had a comfortable stay and look forward to having you back soon!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The McLean Hilton is an outstanding choice for business travelers in the very busy McLean Tyson's business corridor. Having spent the past few years as a heavy visitor of the hotel and witnessed the grand renovation, I highly recommend the hotel. As an added plus, the restaurant upgrade and great menu choices are excellent. Must try the home-made tonic with your gin or vodka as well as the bacon-jam spread for your fresh rolls. The hotel room renovations were immensely improved and have the luxury touch.The hotel staff is very welcoming and the brand new bar in the center of the lobby area is beautiful and lively. Bravo to Hilton for upgrading and improving the entire experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!