“In the shadow of the corporate offices” 4 of 5 stars

Weekend Rates from $99!
Ranked #1 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Trumbull, Connecticut
“In the shadow of the corporate offices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2012

I can't imagine the pressure this staff is under... this hotel is literally walking distance to Hilton's new (2009) world headquarters.

I would ABSOLUTELY stay here again. The staff was efficient at every touch point, check-in, room service, check-out. Greeting from the staff I encountered in the halls. The room was spacious, clean, and that modern decor that wasn't "neo-modern." Loved the shower. The lobby wasn't as happening as say the W in Chicago, but well utilized. They had a spacious business center. I am not much one to eat alone in a restaurant, so I didn't try that, but the room service came quickly and was tasty.

This is really close to the Tysons Galleria mall. I hear it is an awesome mall, but really didn't have anything for me to cause me to walk over to it.

Room Tip: I stayed in the front of the building, away from the elevators, on the fourth floor... and that seem...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Tom F,
I am so glad to hear you had a pleasant stay! Your feedback is greatly appreciated. For your next visit, did you know we have a complementary shuttle that goes anywhere in a three mile radius? Great for visiting the mall! We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton McLean.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2012

Stay here often for work. Renovation long overdue and nice but seems like a man's hotel. The toilet is very low and they removed the tub (glass shower door leaks water all over floor), and the sink height is tall like a shaving sink. Oddest of all is the new tv that dims at night. It's annoying and the front desk advised its better for night vision. Restaurant service is inattentive at breakfast when you are in a hurry to get to work. Gym and bar (not co located) are great. Good location and plenty of parking. Nice place to sit out at night by fire after work.

Room Tip: Elevator dings into open area if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Barbara D,
Thank you for the feedback, and I am so sorry to hear about your shower door leaking and breakfast experience. I will be sure to follow up on these challenges. We are also glad to hear you have gotten a chance to enjoy our outdoor patio, and I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.
woodbridge
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012

i stayted at this hotel last weekend (my previous and first stay was in december) - i plan on staying there twice more in the next couple of weeks and will continue to write reviews.

as before the facility was great - room is very nice looking, bed very comfortable and the shower is very nice.

here are the issues

1) as a gold member, i was upgraded to a towers room on the 7th floor - but i think it was smaller than the room i had in december,

2) in december, as a gold member, i got free appetizers in the harth lounge area - this time no appetizers - i asked and they said, i didn't qualify for them.

3) this was the big one - other than the indian/pakistani older gentleman in the harth restaurant for breakfast, everyone else was rude and unfriendly. i waited 10 minutes for someone to bother to ask if i wanted anything to drink. after waiting ten more minutes for cranberry juice, i just went and asked said gentleman (who remembered me from december, he is great) - everyone else blew me off.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 31, 2012
Thank you very much for your feedback. I have followed up with this and discovered that in December you were upgraded to a corner king room, which is a bit larger than a standard room. Unfortunately, this upgrade cannot be guarenteed everytime. Also, for the appetizers in the lounge, the HHonors program changed in 2012 and appetizers are no longer part of the benefits for gold members. We can provide these to you as a one time exception because you were unaware of these changes, however I cannot promise them on a permanant basis. Again, I greatly appreciate your valued feedback and thank you so much for understanding. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hilton McLean soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2012 via mobile

Been here many times. Rooms are quite nice. Not enough check-in staff late at night like midnight to get you into your room. Wait can be as long as 10m which is no fun at the end of a long airplane ride. Please address it management. Would really appreciate it.

• Stayed May 2012
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 21, 2012
Dear Skymasterson,
Thank you very much for your feedback. I am very sorry about your check in experience and we will definitely follow up on this. We hope to have you back soon!
San Diego, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2012

I stayed at this Hilton years ago - I think about 4 or 5 years ago, and I still remember their beds. It was the best bed I've ever slept in; I felt like I was in a cloud because it just enveloped me. I usually don't sleep well if I know I have to get up early the next morning, but I slept like a baby. It's also pretty convenient being attached to Tysons Galleria because if you don't want to drive somewhere, then you have plenty of options for food within the mall, as well as shopping of course!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Brian K, General Manager at Hilton McLean Tysons Corner, responded to this review, May 17, 2012
Thank you for your great feedback! We are very glad you had a comfortable stay and look forward to having you back soon!
Paris, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2012

The McLean Hilton is an outstanding choice for business travelers in the very busy McLean Tyson's business corridor. Having spent the past few years as a heavy visitor of the hotel and witnessed the grand renovation, I highly recommend the hotel. As an added plus, the restaurant upgrade and great menu choices are excellent. Must try the home-made tonic with your gin or vodka as well as the bacon-jam spread for your fresh rolls. The hotel room renovations were immensely improved and have the luxury touch.The hotel staff is very welcoming and the brand new bar in the center of the lobby area is beautiful and lively. Bravo to Hilton for upgrading and improving the entire experience.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2012

When I read all the glowing reviews, I was a little suspcious. But after I arrived, I realized it all is true. The place is gorgeous and the service was impeccable. Beautiful, classy....it's all true. Comfy bed, fluffy towels, thick robes. The fixtures were so tasteful, I felt like I was in a swanky European hotel. The on-line weekend rate made it even better. The only thing missing in my room was a magnifying shaving mirror. That would be a welcome addition.Oh, the ice and vending on our floor was out of order but the bartender filled our ice bucket with a smile. Definitely will be back on my next weekend trip to the area and recommended it to friends already.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hilton McLean Tysons Corner? Share your experiences!