Stayed here for a long weekend with a group. During the week, the hotel caters to the business traveler, but the weekend I was here there were four large bus groups. The hotel did a great job of accommodating the various groups. There is much to like about this place, particularly:
1. Recently rennovated; in mid-April, I looked like there was still one floor under repair. Otherwise, eveything was brand-new. The lobby with a nine floor atrium and glass elevators was impressive. The lobby bar area presented a dramatic display; definitely picture-worthy (in fact, Hilton should provide postcards of this area).
2. The tech work area in a corner of the lobby was wonderful! Best ever!
3. My bed room was extremely well-designed, spacious, great desk with plenty of space to spread out and more than adequate electrical outlets conveniently placed, and excellent lighting. The temperature control, TV, etc. were all excellent. My room just had a view of the parking lot, but some rooms (higher up) actually provide good views of DC.
4. My room had one king sized bed; it was truly wonderful -- definitely in my person Top Five of comfortable beds experienced in my life of traveling. Besides a great mattress, the linen and pillows were terrific.
5. Bathroom was OK. Nice high level sink area with plenty of countertops; however bathroom seemed a little crowded and the sliding door into the room was a bit odd. The most signficant negative was that there was only a shower. Shower was very large and had a fancy rain shower head, but after long days of touring DC, I really wanted to soak my weary feet in a bath tub. (I found out later that some rooms do have tubs, so you may want to ask for a room with a tub if that is important to you.)
6. Customre service was very responsive (front desk and lobby bar). Housekeeping was adequate, but could use some improvement. Specifically, the bedroom and bath has a lot of metallic fixtures that need to be wipped down regularly to avoid looking icky.
7. The bus groups all had breakfast in a separate buffet area. Food selection was great, efficient, clean, and well organized.
There are really only a couple of negatives to this hotel:
1. Pool hours (it is an inddor pool) are extremely limited. During the week, the pool is open for a couple of hours early in the morning and then closed until 5 pm. In the evening, the pool is open only from 5 to 9 pm. On the weekend, the pool is open from 9 am to 9 pm (it closes promptly). The pool looked nice, but we could never use it due to the restricted hours. Given that the pool is located far-away from the rooms, the hotel should consider keeping the pool open to 11 pm.
2. Due to the design of an open atrium, there can be some noise seeping into the lower level rooms that directly adjoin the atrium area.
3. Location is reasonably convenient for DC, but is directly in an office park area (the Hilton World HQ office is about a block away). As the hotels are surrounded by office buildings, there is nothing in walking distance as to restaurants, bars, coffee shops, stores, etc.
You must specifically ask if you want a tub instead of a shower. Because of the open atrium, rooms...
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Cynthia from Ohio,
Report response as inappropriate
Thank you for your very detailed review and we are working on your suggestion now to offer postcards in our 24-hour pantry.
Next time you are with us I do hope you can take advantage of our hotel shuttle that will take you to several area restaurants and bars, all within a 3 mile radius.
Looking forward to seeing you soon.
This response is the subjective opinion of the management representative and not of TripAdvisor LLC.