Stayed here for a long weekend with a group. During the week, the hotel caters to the business traveler, but the weekend I was here there were four large bus groups. The hotel did a great job of accommodating the various groups. There is much to like about this place, particularly:
1. Recently rennovated; in mid-April, I looked like there was still one floor under repair. Otherwise, eveything was brand-new. The lobby with a nine floor atrium and glass elevators was impressive. The lobby bar area presented a dramatic display; definitely picture-worthy (in fact, Hilton should provide postcards of this area).
2. The tech work area in a corner of the lobby was wonderful! Best ever!
3. My bed room was extremely well-designed, spacious, great desk with plenty of space to spread out and more than adequate electrical outlets conveniently placed, and excellent lighting. The temperature control, TV, etc. were all excellent. My room just had a view of the parking lot, but some rooms (higher up) actually provide good views of DC.
4. My room had one king sized bed; it was truly wonderful -- definitely in my person Top Five of comfortable beds experienced in my life of traveling. Besides a great mattress, the linen and pillows were terrific.
5. Bathroom was OK. Nice high level sink area with plenty of countertops; however bathroom seemed a little crowded and the sliding door into the room was a bit odd. The most signficant negative was that there was only a shower. Shower was very large and had a fancy rain shower head, but after long days of touring DC, I really wanted to soak my weary feet in a bath tub. (I found out later that some rooms do have tubs, so you may want to ask for a room with a tub if that is important to you.)
6. Customre service was very responsive (front desk and lobby bar). Housekeeping was adequate, but could use some improvement. Specifically, the bedroom and bath has a lot of metallic fixtures that need to be wipped down regularly to avoid looking icky.
7. The bus groups all had breakfast in a separate buffet area. Food selection was great, efficient, clean, and well organized.
There are really only a couple of negatives to this hotel:
1. Pool hours (it is an inddor pool) are extremely limited. During the week, the pool is open for a couple of hours early in the morning and then closed until 5 pm. In the evening, the pool is open only from 5 to 9 pm. On the weekend, the pool is open from 9 am to 9 pm (it closes promptly). The pool looked nice, but we could never use it due to the restricted hours. Given that the pool is located far-away from the rooms, the hotel should consider keeping the pool open to 11 pm.
2. Due to the design of an open atrium, there can be some noise seeping into the lower level rooms that directly adjoin the atrium area.
3. Location is reasonably convenient for DC, but is directly in an office park area (the Hilton World HQ office is about a block away). As the hotels are surrounded by office buildings, there is nothing in walking distance as to restaurants, bars, coffee shops, stores, etc.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel
- Hilton Mclean Tysons Corner Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Hotel Mclean
- Hilton Tysons Corner
- Hilton Mclean
- Mclean Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- If you want it all, come to the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. The Hilton McLean Tysons Corner has recently completed a top-to-bottom transformation featuring the latest and most contemporary design in our guest rooms, härth Restaurant and Lounge. Our McLean, Virginia Hotel is adjacent to Hilton Worldwide’s headquarters, so we are always in the forefront of hospitality. This provides us with opportunities to test and unveil the newest concepts and technologies, all in McLean Virginia’s Technology Corridor.Of course, location is everything. The Hilton Mclean sits just minutes from downtown Washington, DC , and conveniently located between Ronald Reagan National Airport and Washington Dulles International Airport . We are minutes from the Metro, and one mile from world class shopping at Tysons Corner Mall, The American Girl store and the Galleria. Our guests enjoy easy access to major corporate headquarters, the lush landscapes of Virginia to the history and intrigue of downtown DC, Our guests are in the middle of it all at the Hilton McLean Tysons Corner. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Tingo, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Venere and Otel so you can book your Hilton McLean Tysons Corner reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.