“Everything was great, except...” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Everything was great, except...”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

When I walked into the room, I noticed a hint of cigarette smoke. Didn't think much of it, it wasn't strong enough to request a room change. Should have.

Days later, I was charged with $250 smoking fee. It's absolutely ridiculous, I did not smoke in the room. I have talked to numerous people, from guest services to management, left numerous voicemails. It has been a year.

No results. Extremely disappointed.

I have spoken to the staff numerous times about this. I did NOT smoke in the room, do NOT accuse me of smoking in the room. All you need to do is simply check the records of the room I stayed in and see if the previous guest had smoked in the room. It is that simple. It is impossible that there was "physical evidence", as I did NOT smoke. This $250 fee has been wrongly charged, and has now taken well over a year to communicate this issue to you. During all my stays with Marriott and Courtyard Marriott, I have been a perfect and tidy guest. This has never happened at any other hotels. What does it take for a guest to get a refund?

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Lynn L,

Thank you for your review of our hotel from a year ago. I am sorry to hear that you believe you were wrongfully charged for a smoking fee. Unfortunately I am unable to look up your information with your TripAdvisor username provided. If you can give me additional information such as the previous confirmation number from your stay, I may be able to assist with this issue. Please feel free to reach me at (703) 790-0207.

All the best,
Rylan Mahoney

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Tallahassee, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My sister in law got a block of rooms for people attending my nieces wedding so we had a SUPER reasonable rate for a very, very nice room. Wifi included, a fantastic workout room. The restaurant downstairs where we had breakfast both mornings was very good - fantastic breakfast buffet. Reasonably priced snacks and supplies in the lobby, very helpful and nice staff. I would most definitely come back!! Ideal for gatherings and a pleasure to be at.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Dunedin, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

The staff showed their great support right out of the gate -- when I was on the metro and I tried to set up to have the shuttle pick up coincide with when I'd arrive, I mistimed the metro stop (twice) and each time the staff was very accommodating. Great support continued through my entire week and spanned every aspect of the hotel - shuttle, front desk, house keeping, bar and breakfast staff. With the amount of business travelers in the hotel, I was impressed with the staff's ability to remember the small details (having coffee in a to go cup ready for me at breakfast, asking how the day's meetings went, etc...). The week was topped off with a recommendation for a nice, good Italian restaurant. Staff took the time to walk outside and provided directions, and it turned out to be one of the best Italian meals I've had in my travels. Across the board - great support. Knowing I'll have this type of support, I'm willing to stay with them even if it means a longer metro ride for my business mtgs.

Room Tip: I've stayed on the 4th and 10th floor - sound wasn't an issue. Gym is on the 3rd, bar/break...
Green Features: Making great efforts to encourage people to conserve.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Aix-en-Provence, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great comfort in the room, perfect bed, bathroom rather small, internet a bit slow. This is a hotel that would mainly suit businesspeople. The shopping centre is just 5 min walk from there. Constant issues with toilets, but excellent food and good service.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, 1 week ago
YNickolson,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review of our hotel. It was great to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of your guest room and that the hotel suited most of your needs. Our proximity to local businesses and the shopping malls across the street are ideal and if you get the opportunity to come back feel free to utilize the complimentary shuttle as well within our 2-mile radius of the hotel. I am most grateful you enjoyed the services provided to you and that you enjoyed the food and beverage outlets to include our Starbucks here on property. Hope to see you again soon!

Rylan Mahoney
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We've stayed at a few hotels in the Tysons Corner area, and this one is one of our go-to hotels (depending on the rates) when we are visiting relatives. This was actually our second time staying here, and we were pleased that it's as good as when we stayed here a year ago (or more) - clean rooms, quiet, friendly/helpful staff. We prefer the rooms with the balcony but none were available this time - you can request these ahead of time, but I just forgot. Next time!

Room Tip: Room with a balcony.
Green Features: Excellent without compromising on quality of service!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We have stayed many times in Tysons but this was our first stay in the Courtyard What a great hotel! The staff could not be more helpful You can walk across to the malls and restaurants and there is also a free shuttle service And the fitness centre is excellent and very modern and well maintained
For a short stay in Tysons Corner with close proximity to the various restaurants this is perfect And for steak lovers there is Flemmings within the hotel which must be one of the best steakhouses in the area

Room Tip: High floor best for views over local area
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2015

Overall this is a very nice hotel that is located in a perfect spot outside DC. Very close to restaurants and a huge mall. Staff was very friendly, with the only issue being they had trouble answering the phone.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!