“Comfortable stay and friendly staff” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #7 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
San Antonio, Texas
“Comfortable stay and friendly staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

The Courtyard was the select hotel for a recent conference that I attended. I made a reservation early and later it filled up completely. When I needed to change my reservation to include room for another conference attender I thought it would be a problem. However, the reservation staff was pleasant and helpful. Upon a very late arrival, they were able to switch my room and make things work out. Everyone treated me respectfully and curiously. The room was clean and comfortable with soft pillows and a nice chair for reading. Thank you Courtyard.

Room Tip: If you have a room preference or special need, call ahead and the hotel will do whatever they can to...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014 via mobile

Stayed three nights...the room was bright, spacious and clean! The staff is very service-oriented, pleasant and accommodating -- from the front desk to housekeeping to the breakfast staff. The housekeeping staff is efficient and detail-oriented...Breakfast staff was friendly and pleasant each morning {and breakfast was hot, fresh & delicious!} My room was cleaned and spotless each day. The front desk was extremely helpful with an Internet connection issue -- and even called their IT support! The hotel is perfectly located for business -- and well-suited for after work dinner and shopping with no need to drive! Will definitely stay again!

• Stayed June 2014
Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

We arrived with 3 buses loaded with 9th graders, the hotel was ready for us, for us drivers that is a huge plus. Hotel staff very attentive and friendly, Rooms clean and spacious. Easy drive into Washington D.C, from this location. Large mall within walking distance.

Room Tip: stayed on the 9th floor, could see Washington monument from window.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

If Tysons Corner is your main destination, then this hotel is an ideal spot.

Stayed here one night on an award stay as a mini-getaway. The room was a decent size.

I didn't have any complaints with the room except that we were in a room with an adjoining door so we had very loud neighbors next door.

Also, I wish that the hotel website indicated that Fleming's Restaurant was located right on the premises. While my husband and I enjoyed a lovely dinner at The Capital Grille, it would have been much nicer to be able to walk down to the restaurant and back to our hotel room. It was a real bummer to find this out AFTER we had dinner and then check into the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a private room (i.e. a room with no adjoining doors) if you want more peace and quiet
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2014

I have stayed a number of times at this hotel. There is a recurring problem with the a/c units in the rooms simply shutting off (that is, no longer maintaining the temperature you had before you retire for the night). So, at approximately 3:30 in the morning I wake up sweating. It's an awful experience. Call down to the front desk. THERE IS ONLY ONE EMPLOYEE IN THE ENTIRE HOTEL. I am informed that the hotel is sold out. I ask for a fan. He checks. No fan. At that point, I decide since I won't be able to sleep, I will shower and then get my belongings together so that maybe while I am working a fifteen-hour day the hotel might be able to put me in a room with proper air conditioning. It is much more comfortable outside that in my room. At least I am able to partially open a window, so there is some hope I will actually be able to grab a few more minutes of fitful sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, May 27, 2014
Dear Harried T,

Please accept my sincere apology for the issue we caused you with the AC unit in your guest room. The way in which the maintenance issue was handled during your overnight with us is not acceptable and I am very sorry. Please know that I will be handling this issue personally to ensure this situation never repeats itself here at our hotel. I do know you are here on business and we value your groups business. I understand that your group handles all the charges and I would like to offer additional compensation to show you we are truly sorry for what has occurred. I will be reaching out to you via phone to discuss further and request the opportunity to apologize either via phone or in person the next time you arrive. I am available and would like to give you my promise you can trust your future stays will be excellent. Thank you for posting this review and for allowing us to apologize for this miserable experience we caused you. We would be honored if you allowed us another chance to regain your trust.

Heather Hull
Vienna, VA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2014 via mobile

We had our friends and family stay here for our son's wedding on 5/3/14. The hotel gave us an excellent rate! They share amenities with the adjacent Crowne Plaza Holiday Inn so our guests had plenty of places to eat, work out, swim, etc. The hotel offers shuttle service to nearby malls, restaurants, and the Orange Line Metro. In July '14 the Silver Line metro is supposed to open which will make this hotel even more appealing. The rooms are beautiful, lobby is welcoming, staff is terrific. Perfect for wedding weekends and family reunions!!!

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was a perfect Courtyard choice for us while in the Vienna/ McLean area. It is conveniently located close to many stores,businesses and restaurants. We were on the 8th floor which gave us a good view of the surrounding area. Front desk staff were professional and friendly. I particularly liked the exercise room which is spacious and well equipped with updated machines and individual TV screens attached.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!