“Courtyard Plus” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Madison, Wisconsin
“Courtyard Plus”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2014

This was a perfect Courtyard choice for us while in the Vienna/ McLean area. It is conveniently located close to many stores,businesses and restaurants. We were on the 8th floor which gave us a good view of the surrounding area. Front desk staff were professional and friendly. I particularly liked the exercise room which is spacious and well equipped with updated machines and individual TV screens attached.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014 via mobile

The elevator sounds like you are living in a tenement housing project. I was initially scheduled for a suite and the front desk person was kind enough to warn me that it would be close to the elevator and might be noisy. 3 minutes in the room and I was back at the desk changing rooms. Down the hall in a regular room now, you can still hear the elevator running loudly up and down track. They are waiting on approval to get it fixed. I guess the corporate bean counters are running the show at Marriott these days. My recommendation is don't stay here until they fix it.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, Front Office Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear John S,

Thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review our hotel on Trip Advisor and sharing your experience with the Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax.

You indicated that the elevator noise was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your—or our own—expectations. We are currently addressing your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

RYLAN MAHONEY
Front Office Manager
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

So far this is one of my favorite locations of Courtyard. There is a nice cafe on the 2nd floor. Flemings Steakhouse is at Level 1. The hotel has over 11 floors. Higher floors are better with a a nicer view of the city. The hotel is in close proximity to businesses, nice restaurants and malls. A lot of options in less than 2 miles radius.

The best part was the customer service rep Alicia who went above and beyond in helping out. Thanks to Trip Advisor for sending me to Exceptional Customer Service Pins that I ended up giving to Alicia.

At the 2nd floor cafe, Julie served a well made latte and had a great customer service oriented attitude.

Parking was under ground and there is door with elevator to the main lobby. I was not too thrilled about the parking area. This will be a lovely location to visit in autumn season with trees changing colors and nice view. The hotel has a lot of conference rooms and a well equipped fitness room. To any reader, who visits this location, do ask for Alicia. She is well informed about the area and has great recommendations. The rest of the customer service staff at the front desk was ok and not very much on board on their vicinity.

All in all, a good experience.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2014

Spent one night at this hotel on business. This is a nice hotel for the Marriott chain. The food was excellent and the service very good. One note however is that the serving staff did not know where one of the appointed rooms (Tyson's Room) and sent me on a wild goose chase to another floor to find it only for me to stumble across it myself just steps away from where I first asked for directions at. The room was nice and comfortable. I was a little worried that it would be loud as it was just off the elevator however this was not the case. The hallways were quiet and there was evidence of security. There seemed to be a bit of construction at the main entrance but I did not notice any noise associated with it. It was in excellent proximity to shopping and food.

Green Features: I did not notice much with regards to this however I was only there over night and did not pay close attention.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Augusta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2014

I really enjoyed this hotel stay. This was the first Marriott property that didn't have the funky green and orange color scheme. It was modern looking and used greys and blues which looked great. The staff was super friendly. The 2d floor has a restaurant and a Starbucks. Both very nice and accommodating. Breakfast has all fares to include a omelets made to order. Parking was ample and free. Elevators take you to the lobby from the parking garage. The Marriott shuttle will take you anywhere within a short distance and you just have to plan ahead to use it for travel to work sites. The one driver was a bit unorthodox in his driving style but other than that, it was a plus. The TV was new, and the internet was fast sporting a 1.5MB download and 900K upload. I measured it several times with the same results. Netflix had no problem with this connection. There is a nice Irish pub next door that was convenient for dinner or the mall is across the street. Close proximity to the highway makes it really convenient and easy to find. Overall this is a great hotel. I highly recommend this to the business or leisure traveller.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
Trevose, Pennsylvania, Usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for business. I found the front desk helpful and very nice. The room was clean and the housekeeping staff very friendly. I had breakfast every morning which was included. They offered many choices and your omelet chef is the best. I looked forward to his friendly smile and pleasant greeting every morning. Don't hesitate to book this hotel you won't be disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Dhahran, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

I enjoyed the room at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner, but when it came to money, I was turned off. I chose to pay for my room in cash, as well as pay for some snacks I purchased in cash. The staff seemed to really want me to charge everything to my room and to use my credit card. Apparently, I needed to use my credit card 'in case of incidentals.' My only other option was to pay an extra $250 in cash and presumably get it back upon check out. . . PROBLEM!!! I made sure to pay for everything in cash without any incidentals. After checking out of the hotel, I headed to Dulles for my flight home. It was there, that I realized that Courtyard by Marriot Tysons Corner Fairfax made TWO charges on my credit card. One was for $20 and the other was for $10. When I checked out, I owed them nothing. Even my breakfast was complimentary and included in my room fee, which I had already paid for.

Never again! I will never stay at this hotel again!!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business