This is a really decent hotel. I mean no backhanded compliment. When I arrived, the checkin desk was great - lots of good information and super efficient - but when I got to the room it was quite tired, and had a musty smell. I was staying on business for about 10 days, so I thought I wouldn't be able to stand the smell that long. However, either I got used to it or it dissipated. After that first time, I didn't smell it again.
I also got used to the room and began to quite like it. Good, comfortable beds, excellent sound proofing, and good breakfast. Breakfast room staff are lovely too. The food is good but not extensive. That said, one doesn't need more than some eggs, bacon and bagels, and it certainly provides that, and a little more.
It's well located for the two Tysons shopping malls, and for all the businesses in Tysons Corner. Most are within a 20 minute stroll of the hotel, but no-one seems to walk. Hotel shuttles are constantly available during the day. Getting into Washington DC is a little tricky but will soon improve dramatically with the three Tysons Corner stations opening, and linking directly to downtown DC.
Overall, I recommend this hotel mostly for the great staff, and excellent service levels. Be aware that the rooms are tired. But it's also the best deal in Tysons Corner, so one mustn't complain!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Hotel is not your typical Courtyard hotel. This new hotel is located in the heart of Tysons Corner, just 11 miles from downtown Washington DC, and is centrally located between Washington Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport, each just 15 miles from the hotel. We are the closest hotel to the Tysons Corner Metro Station on the Silver Line making access to the Nation's Capital a breeze. Take advantage of many of the Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner's great amenities such as Free Wifi, State of the Art Fitness Center, and On-Site Restaurant The Terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Marriott, Priceline, Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax Hotel Mclean
- Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
- Courtyard Hotel Mclean
- Mclean Marriott
- Mclean Courtyard
- Courtyard Mclean