“Great staff, average business class hotel” 3 of 5 stars

Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
London GB
“Great staff, average business class hotel”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

This is a really decent hotel. I mean no backhanded compliment. When I arrived, the checkin desk was great - lots of good information and super efficient - but when I got to the room it was quite tired, and had a musty smell. I was staying on business for about 10 days, so I thought I wouldn't be able to stand the smell that long. However, either I got used to it or it dissipated. After that first time, I didn't smell it again.

I also got used to the room and began to quite like it. Good, comfortable beds, excellent sound proofing, and good breakfast. Breakfast room staff are lovely too. The food is good but not extensive. That said, one doesn't need more than some eggs, bacon and bagels, and it certainly provides that, and a little more.

It's well located for the two Tysons shopping malls, and for all the businesses in Tysons Corner. Most are within a 20 minute stroll of the hotel, but no-one seems to walk. Hotel shuttles are constantly available during the day. Getting into Washington DC is a little tricky but will soon improve dramatically with the three Tysons Corner stations opening, and linking directly to downtown DC.

Overall, I recommend this hotel mostly for the great staff, and excellent service levels. Be aware that the rooms are tired. But it's also the best deal in Tysons Corner, so one mustn't complain!

Room Tip: Ends of the corridors
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

We were looking for a weekend get away and found the Courtyard to have an attractive rate. The property is buried on an ugly Tyson's corner which is good if doing business and bad if ambiance matters.

The room is clean and new though a little on the small side.

• Stayed August 2013
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Dear clherrick, Thank you for staying with us during your time in Tysons Corner. The hotel’s location is the best in Tysons as we are conveniently located to the corporate offices and we also provide the best location for those traveling for pleasure. We are across the street from 2 shopping malls here in Tysons which include multiple dining options. We will be directly across from one of the metro stops soon to open in Tysons that can take you right into Washington, DC to do sightseeing. We are disappointed that the ambiance of Tysons was not appealing to you. We welcome you back to recommend options that we know you would enjoy here in Tysons. We also offer complimentary shuttle to many of the shopping areas and restaurants. Thank you again for taking the time to share your experience. We look forward to seeing you again.
Sincerely, Heather Hull
Shenandoah, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013

I had to stay here for two nights traveling with a bunch of kids. The hotel was so helpful and professional. Every special request I had was always followed up with "no problem!" The location is amazing!!! The fact that they still had a breakfast buffet was great too!

Room Tip: Spend a little extra...get a Spa King room and do Fleming's Prime Steakhouse
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Beautiful property! Rooms more spacious and lovely decorated than most Courtyards where we have stayed. Very clean! Easy to get to from the highway. Although just an overnight stay, ALL staff from check-in, at Bistro, and check-out were professional (both in manner and dress), polite, courteous and helpful. My husband has also stayed here several times when on business in the area and he recommended that I stay here as a half-way stop to my destination. Will definitely stay here again when in the area!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
Dear Bess A,

Thank you for sharing these very kind words about our team and hotel. We appreciate you choosing our hotel and look forward to serving you and your husband in the future when you visit the Tysons Corner area.

Take care,
Heather Hull
Greensboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

For six years, I have traveled to this particular Hotel location to celebrate the "4th of July" and view the Falls Church,VA+Washington,DC fireworks display from the comfort of our hotel balcony/patio. We SAVE MONEY on commuting/parking within and surrounding the Washington,DC areas(ESPECIALLY during the "4th of July" festivities)!!! We usually choose the Breakfast Rate Plan when we make our Hotel Reservations at this property(as another means of SAVING MONEY). The Breakfast selection is VERY satisfying in my opinion(You have choices of various pastries,fruits,beverages,hot buffet options and cook to order egg omelets) with attractive seating areas that offer scenic views!!! The Hotel Rooms Decor were updated a couple of years ago and the beds are VERY comfortable! The "Front Desk" are ALWAYS friendly and accomadating to Hotel Guests as you check in! This Hotel does offer a complimentary Hotel Shuttle Service within a 2 mile radius (which is a PLUS because the Hotel Shuttle Service helps you as the Hotel Guest SAVE MONEY instead of you commuting and paying for parking with your car...Most Hotel Guests including myself REALLY APPRECIATE the Hotel Shuttle Service to be transported to "Tysons Corner I","Tysons Galleria II", local Metro subway station, restaurants and the grocery store).Tip: When checking in at "Front Desk" on July 4th-request a Hotel Room with a balcony/patio facing the Falls Church,VA+Washington,DC fireworks display.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
Hello Ms. Turner,
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience here with other travelers looking for the best option to celebrate Independence Day without having to deal with the traffic and crowds. We appreciate you coming back every year to spend this holiday with us. We are pleased we can assist in making your vacation time so enjoyable. The Washington, DC fireworks are such a wonderful experience and we are so happy to be able to serve you while here in the DC area. We look forward to seeing you next year.
Heather Hull
Albany, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

We have stayed at this Marriott on other occasions and enjoy the proximity to Tyson's galleria and Tyson's center. The hotel is clean and nicely decorated. One of the best features is an underground parking lot with direct access to the hotel.

Room Tip: Select a higher room with a view of the Galleria.
Green Features: Option to keep towels and sheets vfor more than one day.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are locals in the DC area, but we were looking for a 1 night romantic get away from our kids, work, in-laws etc. and we found that the Tyson Corner area was far away enough, but not too far away in case our kids encountered an emergency.
The Courtyard has romance packages with the whirlpool in room and the breakfast or dinner included with champagne, but we decided to book through Priceline and Tripadvisor and I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't get the romantic package, we booked the king with whirlpool room for a really great rate.
When we checked in that evening, we requested a late check out for the next day, and the staff were super friendly and congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary.
I just went ahead and brought the ambiance to make it romantic: Sake bath for the jacuzzi, candles, etc. They put us up on the top flor and it was so private, and the view from our room (even though it was Tyson's corner) it just was so pretty.
The next morning, it was just so nice to sleep in and wake up with my honey, and then go downstairs and have a Starbucks coffee.- and then just to go back upstairs and take advantage of the private hot tub. Wow!
I know this review does not make too much sense, but its because I'm so relaxed from my anniversary date with my hubby at this awesome hotel that my brain is mush.
All I can say is that this hotel is amazing! Thank you Tyson's courtyard staff for making my 10 year anniversary just absolute bliss!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!