“Clean, quiet, private, and romantic getaway for me and my husband.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax

Special Offer
Earn Up To 25,000 Points
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
“Clean, quiet, private, and romantic getaway for me and my husband.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I are locals in the DC area, but we were looking for a 1 night romantic get away from our kids, work, in-laws etc. and we found that the Tyson Corner area was far away enough, but not too far away in case our kids encountered an emergency.
The Courtyard has romance packages with the whirlpool in room and the breakfast or dinner included with champagne, but we decided to book through Priceline and Tripadvisor and I'm so glad we did! Although we didn't get the romantic package, we booked the king with whirlpool room for a really great rate.
When we checked in that evening, we requested a late check out for the next day, and the staff were super friendly and congratulated us on our 10 year anniversary.
I just went ahead and brought the ambiance to make it romantic: Sake bath for the jacuzzi, candles, etc. They put us up on the top flor and it was so private, and the view from our room (even though it was Tyson's corner) it just was so pretty.
The next morning, it was just so nice to sleep in and wake up with my honey, and then go downstairs and have a Starbucks coffee.- and then just to go back upstairs and take advantage of the private hot tub. Wow!
I know this review does not make too much sense, but its because I'm so relaxed from my anniversary date with my hubby at this awesome hotel that my brain is mush.
All I can say is that this hotel is amazing! Thank you Tyson's courtyard staff for making my 10 year anniversary just absolute bliss!!!

• Stayed June 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

Very good rating because there is nothing negative to say about this hotel. It is a 13 in a dozen business hotel, owned and managed by a respected brand. Practical, clean, professional and friendly staff, good breakfast. What do you want more when on business travel? Located on walking distance from 2 huge shopping malls (well ... huge... for European standards this is huge). Plenty of nice restaurants in the mall, and shop till you drop if you have some spare time after your customer visits. Recommended for Europeans on business travel who have little spare time, but want a 1 stop location to fill upp their luggage with clothes and electronics which are much cheaper than in Europe. Wireless and wired internet in the room, parking and breakfast included in the corporate package (may depend on the arrangements your employer took with them)

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It has the necessary facilities for business travelers who have meetings in and around Tysons Corner. Everything about it was sufficient, satisfactory and efficient. A bit expensive, but then, everything is expensive in Tysons Corner…

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel, close to where I was conducting business. No problems and the staff were friendly and professional. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Not much around to do within safe, walkable distance due to contruction in the area - expect to drive to other locations to eat and be entertained, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first stay in Virginia, and thanks to Courtyard Tysons Corner it wont be my last. After driving in from NYC it was very nice to pull in FREE indoor or outdoor parking. Walk in to be greeted by very friendly staff and to be asked if I wanted a lower or higher floor (of course I took 11flr,the highest..lol). I checked in to a very clean room with a view over looking an entire shopping plaza across the main intersection, seeing all of my availabilities. Then I went straight to the second floor to the small but very comfortable Starbucks cafe. (Nothing like a good cup of joe!!) My first morning to choose from a Breakfast Buffet at hotel dinning room or a made to order breakfast from Starbucks Cafe. After a few mornings I had done both, which are satisfying. The Staff very accommodating making my four day stay a Courtyard Dream. I now have extended family here in Virginia, and I will be back at Courtyard Tysons Corner.

Room Tip: Higher floors--Better views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

this Courtyard is in an optimal location for shopping at Tyson's Corner and Tyson's Galleria, and is actually in walking distance (both are about 10 minutes). If walking is not possible, they also have a shuttle that will drop you off at both locations. Parking is free and underground, and the service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a view of the McLean skyline - mornings are gorgeous.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have stayed here before in the last year and enjoy the hotel along with the location, without feeling the rush of the area. Rooms are clean and love the low key life while staying at Courtyard Marriott Tyson's. Staff has always been very accommodating. I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!