“Convenient place for business meetings around Tysons Corner” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Tysons Corner
GreenLeadersGold level
Israel
“Convenient place for business meetings around Tysons Corner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

It has the necessary facilities for business travelers who have meetings in and around Tysons Corner. Everything about it was sufficient, satisfactory and efficient. A bit expensive, but then, everything is expensive in Tysons Corner…

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Earth, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Clean, comfortable hotel, close to where I was conducting business. No problems and the staff were friendly and professional. The hotel was clean, quiet and comfortable. Not much around to do within safe, walkable distance due to contruction in the area - expect to drive to other locations to eat and be entertained, etc.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Bronx, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

My first stay in Virginia, and thanks to Courtyard Tysons Corner it wont be my last. After driving in from NYC it was very nice to pull in FREE indoor or outdoor parking. Walk in to be greeted by very friendly staff and to be asked if I wanted a lower or higher floor (of course I took 11flr,the highest..lol). I checked in to a very clean room with a view over looking an entire shopping plaza across the main intersection, seeing all of my availabilities. Then I went straight to the second floor to the small but very comfortable Starbucks cafe. (Nothing like a good cup of joe!!) My first morning to choose from a Breakfast Buffet at hotel dinning room or a made to order breakfast from Starbucks Cafe. After a few mornings I had done both, which are satisfying. The Staff very accommodating making my four day stay a Courtyard Dream. I now have extended family here in Virginia, and I will be back at Courtyard Tysons Corner.

Room Tip: Higher floors--Better views
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Roanoke, Virginia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

this Courtyard is in an optimal location for shopping at Tyson's Corner and Tyson's Galleria, and is actually in walking distance (both are about 10 minutes). If walking is not possible, they also have a shuttle that will drop you off at both locations. Parking is free and underground, and the service was outstanding.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor for a view of the McLean skyline - mornings are gorgeous.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Have stayed here before in the last year and enjoy the hotel along with the location, without feeling the rush of the area. Rooms are clean and love the low key life while staying at Courtyard Marriott Tyson's. Staff has always been very accommodating. I recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2013

Not a great experience
Rooms are not clean
Bad Ambiance
Seems a very old property - renovated and repaired all over the place
Hardly any staff to service
NO RESTAURANTS - can you believe that. The nearby Crowne Plaza delivers dinner to Courtyard....
Body Lotions not filled - seems TINY bottles are filled over and over for years...
Would not recommend

Room Tip: Don't stay here
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Amlu V,

I apologize you were disappointed in our hotel. I welcome the opportunity to speak with you more regarding the items you mention here in the review. In order to properly address your concerns I would like more detail regarding the comments listed. I am a little confused to the mention of no restaurants. We have 3 restaurants in the hotel and we also offer room service from our sister property the Crowne Plaza as an extra convenience for our guests. I do hope you contact me to provide more details. I would like the opportunity to better address the items you were not satisfied with during your time with us. I look forward to speaking with you. I can be reached at 703-790-0207.

Heather Hull
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

This is my second time staying here. Stayed in a king size room with husband and one yr old.
Pros :
They have a shuttle to zip you back and forth to the malls. The driver is the friendliest guy!
The breakfast buffet is really great. The restaurant staff was so above and beyond helpful each morning when I showed up each morning with my one yr old.
When I asked for a late checkout, they offered 3pm! Wow!
Indoor pool and gym.
Free, fast wifi

Cons:
Housekeeping was spotty for us. Baby naps in the afternoon so we need morning service and they turned out to be inflexible in this.
Hotel is expensive- location, location?
Rooms are not spacious, just average.
Pool is tiny.

• Stayed February 2013
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, February 25, 2013
Dear Julie W,

Thank you for posting a review about our hotel. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed our service in most areas of the hotel. I do appreciate you sharing this information with me regarding the Housekeeping staff being inflexible and working around your schedule.

I want you to know that I am personally reviewing these comments with my housekeeping staff to ensure this does not repeat itself. The Executive Housekeeper works to inform and train the housekeeping team to avoid these service issues. I am sorry this occurred during your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience so we can share with the team to avoid future errors. Our team is dedicated to make every guests stay excellent.

I would also like you to know we are currently converting the small pool into an expanded fitness center. It will be the best in the Tysons area. You also mentioned the stay was expensive and you are correct regarding location. We have the best location in Tysons which is walking (or a short shuttle drive) to both Tysons malls. We do however offer very competitive pricing compared to the other Tysons hotels for both weekend and weekday stays. We look forward to your next visit to Tysons.

Feel free to reach out to me directly. I can be reached at 703-790-0207. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to give us great feedback regarding your stay.

Heather Hull

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!