This hotel is just plain average, nothing more. Travelers, beware and be placed on notice: Having traveled extensively, our room was the smallest than we have encountered in the US, just slightly larger than the tiny European hotels we have slept in and smaller than our NYC Times Square hotel. I did speak with the manager in an attempt to upgrade, which we would have paid for, and she related there were no suites available; plus, all the rooms were the "same size". Interestingly, later we saw that the room schematic shows all the rooms that were on the opposite of the hall were larger. The manager seemed to be unaware of this in that she had to ask a co-worker about the room size, who responded, but didn't appear to know either. I received the same canned pat answer in person that is given to many people who post on this site.
What we really disliked was the room layout. The TV, albeit a flat screen, was directly next to the bed. PERPENDIULAR to the bed. We couldn't watch TV comfortably while in bed because it was next to us at a 90 degree angle and oour necks would hurt. We had to lay sideways on the bed to watch TV. Not the biggst inconvenience, but nevertheless an inconvenience not needed while staying at a hotel.
Another consideration if one works out in a gym: The gym is inadequate. There are NO weight machines and a few cardio. The only weight equipment was one rack of dumbells, which were missing the smaller weights. My wife who has been lifting for over 20 yrs, couldn't lift the lightest that was there. Also, there is no close outdoor jogging track. I noticed a posting from the manager here relating that a workout room is coming, but that was nearly 4 months ago...still not here. On the plus, there are work-out towels on-hand.
On the positive side, there is a coffee station in the lobby in the morning that was nice. The hotel is close to two malls, and the shuttle was dependable, we used it twice with only a 10 min wait. Also, the close Metro station opens later this year, the location will be perfect (location, NOT room size). We noticed a prior posting about a dining issue upon check in. This was no issue with us in that the check-in clerk advised us of the dining in the hotel. The mini refrigerator in the room was convenient and worked well for storing our drinks. Finally, the free-WiFi worked well.
We struggled about being generous with this 3-star rating and almost posted a 2-star, but didn't due to the amenities above - the manager seemed nice, she just didn't assist when given the opportunity. This is our second issue with a Marriott, the first being in one of our prior postings in New Mexico. The management from our experience just doesn't seem to get it. In this case, our group had approx 26 rooms, prepaid for by the group so we weren't trying to get a free stay and you would think they would want our repeat business. We were trying to get a reasonably sized room for nearly a week with the proper amenities, which we did NOT receive. Bottom line, this hotel has some positive attributes, but we would not recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Hotel is not your typical Courtyard hotel. This new hotel is located in the heart of Tysons Corner, just 11 miles from downtown Washington DC, and is centrally located between Washington Reagan National Airport and Dulles International Airport, each just 15 miles from the hotel. We are the closest hotel to the Tysons Corner Metro Station on the Silver Line making access to the Nation's Capital a breeze. Take advantage of many of the Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner's great amenities such as Free Wifi, State of the Art Fitness Center, and On-Site Restaurant The Terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Marriott, EasyToBook, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax Hotel Mclean
- Courtyard Tysons Corner Fairfax
- Courtyard Hotel Mclean
- Mclean Marriott
- Mclean Courtyard
- Courtyard Mclean