“Christmas visit” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Inwood, West Virginia, Usa
“Christmas visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

When visiting family in Vienna I always stay at this Courtyard. The price for the holiday was great, check in was easy and staff pleasant. The first room had been recently renovated and the furniture still had a strong smell of paint stain and they moved us to another room with no problem at all. The pool was quiet and clean and I felt badly for the attendant guard who had to work on the holiday but he was pleasant - never understood Va's need to have lifeguards anyway. The room was a typical Courtyard and was clean, ventilation/heat worked well, it was quiet, towels were large and soft. The best part of the stay was their response when we returned to the hotel at 4 with plans to leave due to incoming bad weather for the trip home. The young man at the desk showed concern and did not charge for the 2nd night even though it was well passed the check out time! Overall, the staff was wonderful and I was very grateful for their kindness.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

150 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Delhi, India
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Hotel is very close to the McLean malls. Free shuttle to nearby places. Rooms are average. Wash basin outside bathroom. A mini Starbucks inside the hotel. No decent restaurant inside the hotel. Very highly priced rooms. Very low value for money

• Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had an all day trip in the National Mall and Museums. When I reached the hotel I was really tired. Ordered room service right way. They were quick. The bed was very good. Got into a very good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend anniversary getaway. We enjoyed the escape package in a king suite on the 9th floor, and it was fabulous.

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. The hotel is well kept and the staff was friendly and very accommodating. We were allowed to check in early and check out late to maximize our experience. We took full advantage of the amenities including the fitness room, restaurants, room service and convenient shuttle to the mall.

All in all, I would recommend this Marriott Courtyard to others and I would stay at this location again. One bit of advice: avoid a room right next to the elevator! Although it was not horribly annoying, the constant rumble of the elevator was noticeable. The position of the bedroom we were in placed the bed on the same wall as the elevator. For a light sleeper, that may be a bit of an annoyance. However, if that was all I could find to complain about, then I guess this hotel rate five in my book.

• Stayed November 2012
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hello,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the great feedback related to your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your anniversary weekend at our hotel was memorable. We certainly take great pride in providing a memorable experience to all our guests. Your feedback and remarks will be shared with our entire hotel staff.

Again, we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and brand, and look forward to serving you once again in the near future. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Heather Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a party of 4, 2 adults, 2 children for our 1 night stay here. We had come down to go to the American Girl Place store for a birthday party. The hotel is easy to find and convenient to many attractions, businesses, malls etc. Parking is just ok but we were able to find a spot each time in and out. They do offer a free shuttle service over to the mall which is nice. We preferred to take our car as the driving didn't bother me. The area is very congested so if you don't like to drive in that, use the shuttle.
The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and able to direct us to where we wanted to go. We had enough towels, we used the pool at night and were really surprised to see that they even have a lifeguard on duty. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The rooms are not huge for 4 people but they were adequate. There were plenty of towels. They offer free wifi which we didn't need. They are in the process of switching from direct tv to cable which is a good thing as it was very difficult to find decent channels.
The only negative I can say is that I don't understand why they don't put exhaust fans in the bathroom. I've been in other marriotts that don't have this and it makes no sense. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area, however I don't see myself ever going back to the American Girl store, it was such a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from Myrtle Beach. Wonderful service! The shuttle to the shopping areas was so handy. The shopping was close. We love LL Bean and that store was enormous. Gustavo, our shuttle driver was very helpful. He manned the desk and made reservations at Legal Seafood which is walking distance away. We would stay here again in a minute!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our second time at this property. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. We arrived in three waves -- daughter first, then wife and then me -- it didn't cause them any problems -- they accommodated us with no problem. Room is more than adequate. If you want to shop -- wasn't our purpose this time -- wonderful shopping center is well within walking distance

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!