“Nice Place to Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersGold level
Gainesville, Florida
“Nice Place to Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2012

I had an all day trip in the National Mall and Museums. When I reached the hotel I was really tired. Ordered room service right way. They were quick. The bed was very good. Got into a very good nights sleep.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Baltimore, MD
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend anniversary getaway. We enjoyed the escape package in a king suite on the 9th floor, and it was fabulous.

I chose this hotel based on Trip Advisor reviews and I was not disappointed. The hotel is well kept and the staff was friendly and very accommodating. We were allowed to check in early and check out late to maximize our experience. We took full advantage of the amenities including the fitness room, restaurants, room service and convenient shuttle to the mall.

All in all, I would recommend this Marriott Courtyard to others and I would stay at this location again. One bit of advice: avoid a room right next to the elevator! Although it was not horribly annoying, the constant rumble of the elevator was noticeable. The position of the bedroom we were in placed the bed on the same wall as the elevator. For a light sleeper, that may be a bit of an annoyance. However, if that was all I could find to complain about, then I guess this hotel rate five in my book.

• Stayed November 2012
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, December 4, 2012
Hello,

I would like to express my sincere thanks for the great feedback related to your stay with us. I am pleased to hear that your anniversary weekend at our hotel was memorable. We certainly take great pride in providing a memorable experience to all our guests. Your feedback and remarks will be shared with our entire hotel staff.

Again, we appreciate your loyalty to our hotel and brand, and look forward to serving you once again in the near future. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Kind Regards,
Heather Hull
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

We had a party of 4, 2 adults, 2 children for our 1 night stay here. We had come down to go to the American Girl Place store for a birthday party. The hotel is easy to find and convenient to many attractions, businesses, malls etc. Parking is just ok but we were able to find a spot each time in and out. They do offer a free shuttle service over to the mall which is nice. We preferred to take our car as the driving didn't bother me. The area is very congested so if you don't like to drive in that, use the shuttle.
The hotel was clean, the staff was very friendly and able to direct us to where we wanted to go. We had enough towels, we used the pool at night and were really surprised to see that they even have a lifeguard on duty. The beds were comfortable and we slept well. The rooms are not huge for 4 people but they were adequate. There were plenty of towels. They offer free wifi which we didn't need. They are in the process of switching from direct tv to cable which is a good thing as it was very difficult to find decent channels.
The only negative I can say is that I don't understand why they don't put exhaust fans in the bathroom. I've been in other marriotts that don't have this and it makes no sense. I would stay here again if I was ever in the area, however I don't see myself ever going back to the American Girl store, it was such a disappointment.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012 via mobile

We stopped here on our way home from Myrtle Beach. Wonderful service! The shuttle to the shopping areas was so handy. The shopping was close. We love LL Bean and that store was enormous. Gustavo, our shuttle driver was very helpful. He manned the desk and made reservations at Legal Seafood which is walking distance away. We would stay here again in a minute!

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Mission Viejo, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is our second time at this property. Staff are very friendly and go out of their way to be helpful. We arrived in three waves -- daughter first, then wife and then me -- it didn't cause them any problems -- they accommodated us with no problem. Room is more than adequate. If you want to shop -- wasn't our purpose this time -- wonderful shopping center is well within walking distance

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Winchester, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed two nights here last week, and were very pleased. The whole place was clean, well kept, and the staff - especially Krista - was absolutely lovely. The bed was super comfortable, the in-room whirlpool tub was fantastic, and the hotel was only a couple minutes from all kinds of places.
Overall it was a great stay, with two exceptions:

1. When we visited the pool, there was a 'lifeguard' sitting in the corner (where she couldn't even see the pool) texting and sighing loudly the whole time. She never once looked up from her phone. We went there to relax in the hot tub and swimming pool, but her being so bored and blatant about not wanting to be there put a damper on the room.

2. The housekeeping was somewhat intrusive and did not seem to understand the "do not disturb" sign we had up our entire stay. At one point when I was asleep in the morning, she came banging on the door despite the sign and by the time I woke up and realized she was not in fact at the room across the hall, I yelled "One moment!" and went to put on a shirt, but she was already swiping a key and trying to enter my room! Very intrusive and not okay.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
CourtyardTysons, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax, responded to this review, October 31, 2012
Dear KandyGoddess,

I would like to thank you for your great feedback regarding your stay with us. I am thrilled that you enjoyed our hotel rooms and staff service at the front desk. I will be sure to pass this information along to Krista and the rest of the team to thank them for a great job!

I am very disappointed in the poor service you received in our pool along with our housekeeping team. Please be assured I have addressed both of these issues appropriately to ensure the team is properly re-trained to prevent any future occurrence. Please accept my apologies on behalf of the hotel team.

Again, I thank you for staying with us and providing us with such great feedback. If you would like to further discuss these items, please feel free to contact me directly at the hotel. We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you again when in the Tysons area.

Heather Hull General Manager
Roanoke
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2012

We visited this hotel over Columbus day weekend and were pleased with our stay. The hotel staff went above and beyond to serve their guests. I was standing in line to check in and this man wanting to speak with someone at the front acted like he didn't even see me and cut right in front of me. I was flabbergasted, and about to go ballistic when the employee at the front desk diffused the situation and informed the man who had rudely cut in front of me, that he would help him right after he took care of me. When I stepped to the counter, the employee told "Don't worry, I saw you." He turned what was going to be an ugly situation into a pleasant experience. Parking is available in the hotel's parking garage, and there are numerous places to eat around the hotel. There's a Trader Joe's down the street. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tysons Corner Fairfax? Share your experiences!